Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Now Available

What is the dvd upscaling like and how does it compare to other models such as the LG BD390 or Sony BDP-370?

I've had this for a few weeks now (together with a Panasonic G20 tv)and I'm disappointed with the picture.It appears blurry to me.I've tried upgrading my HDMI cable with no success:(
Can anyone give me any tips as to what are the best picture settings to use on the player(i.e-Deep colour on or off)?
Also,If I enable 24p,the Blu Ray appears to speed up-thought the G20 accepted 24p sources?

Please help:(

Not sure if I'm going mad but I'm pretty sure I've got mine setup right to output video from the main output and audio only from the second but my amp isn't picking up any audio at all, it's an Onkyo 705. It works fine if there's no 3d involved (although I did notice my amp was showing the sound as multi channel pcm instead of either dolby true hd or dts hd master) but as soon as 3d comes into play I get a picture but no sound.

Can anyone help? :confused:

stephentw said:
Not sure if I'm going mad but I'm pretty sure I've got mine setup right to output video from the main output and audio only from the second but my amp isn't picking up any audio at all, it's an Onkyo 705. It works fine if there's no 3d involved (although I did notice my amp was showing the sound as multi channel pcm instead of either dolby true hd or dts hd master) but as soon as 3d comes into play I get a picture but no sound.

Can anyone help? :confused:

You need to turn video off on the sub hdmi the one that goes to your amp.
Also you need to set the sound output to bitstream in the blu-ray settings if you want your amp to display dts-master

It's set exactly like that :( I don't understand why its not working. I spent most of last night experimenting with settings but I can't seem to get it working.

I see you have the 606 which I presume isn't 3d compatible. Did you change any settings on this at all or only in the player? Maybe its a handshake issue as I do get flashing lights as though its trying to do something. Worked fine bitstream from the old bd30.

Last edited:
How do you mean, physically turn them around so the player end is in the tv etc? I've tried various leads but not that. Only 1.3b but they're carrying 3d fine so don't see why just audio would be a problem.

How do you mean, physically turn them around so the player end is in the tv etc?
No, swap them at the player end i.e main hdmi to amp and secondary/audio hdmi to television.

stephentw said:
It's set exactly like that :( I don't understand why its not working. I spent most of last night experimenting with settings but I can't seem to get it working.

I see you have the 606 which I presume isn't 3d compatible. Did you change any settings on this at all or only in the player? Maybe its a handshake issue as I do get flashing lights as though its trying to do something. Worked fine bitstream from the old bd30.

I didn't change any settings on the amp at all apart from the obvious pairing DVD to hdmi 1 . But when I first set it up I wasn't getting dts ma out to the amp. It was only Dolby digital untill I realised I had to turn off video to the second hdmi and then dts ma appeared on my amp.
Another cool feature is when I tried out a bluray the other day just to see what he 3D effect was like. I didn't bother turning on the amp and the sound was coming out the tv. But when I switched on the amp midway it cut the sound to the tv automatically switched over to the amp.

Thanks guys, going to have another go. Doug, I think I may have tried your suggestion already but I'll give it another go. I've tried using just the main output, through the amp then amp to TV and it said the component between the amp and tv didn't support 3d so I presume that'll be the same result.

I believe theres a firmware update too so I'll do that, what version should I be on?

hi, would anyone tell me if can i stream mkvs over dlna and convert it to 3d? thx

I brought the 310 couple of weeks ago but but had issues with it out putting sound to my onkyo 905 I had it working for all of 10 mins hd sound through hdmi 2 picture through hdmi 1 all good! Swapped hdmi over for another one couldn't get it to work again tried 4 different hdmi cable nothing! Couldnt get it to work again so I sent it back. Problem is I need a blu ray player with 2 hdmi's and the only other one I found is the oppo which is a bit to much money! So if people have found a way for this to work with the onkyo amps could you let me know many thanks!

I brought the 310 couple of weeks ago but but had issues with it out putting sound to my onkyo 905 I had it working for all of 10 mins hd sound through hdmi 2 picture through hdmi 1 all good! Swapped hdmi over for another one couldn't get it to work again tried 4 different hdmi cable nothing! Couldnt get it to work again so I sent it back. Problem is I need a blu ray player with 2 hdmi's and the only other one I found is the oppo which is a bit to much money! So if people have found a way for this to work with the onkyo amps could you let me know many thanks!

Try connecting the main output direct to the tv and the sub out to your amp. Then make sure its set to video off for the sub out and then put a disc in and once you get a picture but no sound switch your tv to the input your amp outputs to then once it handshakes you'll get sound and no picture. Switch to the correct input and you'll get both now. Its a workaround I used. If that works your amp probably needs a firmware update that you can either send it off for or if you're confident doing it there's a big thread in the onkyo section of the forum on how to do it.

Cheers for the reply seems like my firmware is up to date have you found a proper fix yet or is this just what you do all the time will get another one to try as it would be a pain but 300 quid cheaper then the oppo!

Yeah I updated my firmware and its fine. Have you checked your version numbers against the latest ones? There's firmware hdmi and dsp updates available.

As far as I can see I have the latest firmware will call onkyo tomorow to find out if I do. Will buy another 310 at the weekend to see if I can get it to work just odd hope I can get it to work as it's a nice bd player

I'm on my second BDT310 now, and again i'm getting intermittent flickering via HDMI. I've tried with it connected to my Sony TV via my amp, then tried connecting it directly to the TV and still the same problem. Has anyone else experienced this? The flickering is very intermittent, and not just confined to playing a disc, but also sometimes when on the home menu screen.

Just a note to say mines been perfect. Bought it from John Lewis and found it to be excellent quality, in terms of it's build and PQ/SQ. Very pleased.

Just waiting for the blu-rays to arrive.

Sorry to hear a few of you have had problems.

For all those with the Audio drop out problem try this:

1. Start the Film (don't change the channel to the correct HDMI on the TV or AMP yet).
2. Switch the TV to the HDMI Channel of your AMP (even though you won't be watching the HDMI AMP)
3. Wait (approx 3 seconds) until the AMP starts playing the audio (blank screen, since no video passed to the AMP).
4. Switch the TV to the correct HDMI Channel to watch the Panasonic Blu-Ray 3D player.

This should fix the audio drop outs.

It's a problem between the handshaking of the AMP (often Onkyo) and the Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

New firmware available today. Not sure what it does... player seems a little quieter.. I changed my 300 for a 310 Friday..310 is much quicker at loading discs and of course sleeker.. anyone use any of the picture tweak settings?

Having one of these delivered from Peter Tyson tomorrow. As my amp is 1.4 is there any benefit to using the 2nd HDMI and conneting it to the amp and the 1st HDMi to the TV? I presume I'd just run the 1 HDMI through the amp as usual?

Anyone else find their 310 a bit noisy when spinning discs?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom