Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Now Available

I dont bother with MKV or anything, I stick to BDs so cant help with that...

...but I turned my player on tonight and the 'touch free sensor' has stopped working :confused: It was fine last night. I've turned player off and on and even unplugged for a while to see if it made a difference. I'm not sure of it's because the player is in a rack but as I say it was fine last night and there's a good few inches clearance above it. I'll have a proper look tomorrow but a bit gutted about it at the mo..

Hi, need help does anybody know how to get the 2d-3d working ?
When I press the 3d button the 2d-3d is grey and I can't choose that setting only the the top two , plays 3d films fine just no 2d to 3d conversion !

I dont bother with MKV or anything, I stick to BDs so cant help with that...

...but I turned my player on tonight and the 'touch free sensor' has stopped working :confused: It was fine last night. I've turned player off and on and even unplugged for a while to see if it made a difference. I'm not sure of it's because the player is in a rack but as I say it was fine last night and there's a good few inches clearance above it. I'll have a proper look tomorrow but a bit gutted about it at the mo..

I sent mine back to amazon because the the sensor did not work.

I sent mine back to amazon because the the sensor did not work.

boo...did you get a replacement?
I'm not fussed abut the sensor myself as very gimmicky in my set up but I'd still like it to work after a couple of days ;)

boo...did you get a replacement?
I'm not fussed abut the sensor myself as very gimmicky in my set up but I'd still like it to work after a couple of days ;)

I got a refund because I found the reds overblown and colours in general didn't look natural. I have a samsung BD-2500 what has a superior picture compared to the panny and I am going to look at getting another samsung the BD-7000, samsung use high end industry video chips and my 2500 has a HQV chip what used to be in the most expensive players when blu ray came out.

The joke is these high end industry video chips cost a few pounds, found my HQV chip selling for £2. All manufactures could use high end chips but it makes you wonder how much the chips cost in the their blu ray players, pennies I suspect.

I've found the picture to be fantastic on my JVC-HD1 (2D) and definately lives up to my expectations, especially at the price and once I realised that both HDMI's output picture I've got it connected to 2 projectors (one for 2D and one for 3D) so it solves a lot of problems for me and will allow me to sell my multi-region BD35 :)
To be honest I would have gone for just about any decent player if it had twin HDMI's

I am interested in this machine due to the twin hdmi outputs. I have a tv in my lounge and have run a 3m hdmi cable through my lounge wall into the kitchen for another tv in there. I do like the idea of being able to watch dvds and blu rays on both tvs via the twin hdmi outs. I have read this thread and some say audio only for the 2nd hdmi but the latest posts say audio and video only from both. If this is true are there any draw backs? Can it play to both tvs at the same time etc? Thanks..

Planning on picking this up with my VT30 but wondered, I've got a PS3 for Blu-Ray and a Denon DVD-1930 for DVD, will the 310 do a better job than both for DVD and Blu-Ray or is it worth keeping hold of the Denon for DVD alone?

Cheers.

Can this player be modded for multi region bluray?

Yes, it can be made multiregion for DVD and Blu-ray by installing enhanced firmware.

Google for "DMP-BDT310 enhanced firmware" and you will get the idea.

Yes, it can be made multiregion for DVD and Blu-ray by installing enhanced firmware.

Google for "DMP-BDT310 enhanced firmware" and you will get the idea.

Thank you:thumbsup:

Doesn't seem to be a reason to get an Oppo93 like I was going to. This one should do most the same, and faster.

Are ppl here running the enhanced firmware withouth hickups(am I allowed to ask that?)?

mine's being picked up by Hughes(amazon) friday as the touch free sensor stopped working after 24 hours. Not sure what I'll do yet but I haven't asked for a replacement.

Hi all!

Just received this player today and I'm wondering if I should change any of the picture settings on it?
I tried 24p on my new Panasonic G20 with Inception and it appeared that the film was playing slightly sped up!
Also,should I use Chroma Process,Detail Clarity or Super Resolution etc?

Thanks in anticipation:)

Last edited:
Picked up the BDT110 today thinking it had 2 HDMI outputs but turns out that's only the BDT310 :oops: Anyway I've returned the 110 for a refund but I still have a copy of the receipt cos they gave me 2 at the time I bought it , one to keep and one to send off for the free blu-rays...so.....what would you do :devil: Surely there's no way Panny are gonna know I've returned it, or is there :confused:

Picked up the BDT110 today thinking it had 2 HDMI outputs but turns out that's only the BDT310 :oops: Anyway I've returned the 110 for a refund but I still have a copy of the receipt cos they gave me 2 at the time I bought it , one to keep and one to send off for the free blu-rays...so.....what would you do :devil: Surely there's no way Panny are gonna know I've returned it, or is there :confused:

Can I ask where you bought it from? I thought that the free 3D blu-rays weren't available in the UK with a stand alone blu-ray player purchase?

I have one of these players and I am generally very happy with it. The sound in particular is better tham my old Sony BDP-S570. I do have one problem though. When I load Terminator 2, Skynet Edition there is no sound. After doing this the player also has no sound on other BDs untill I reboot it. I have checked the firmware and it is the latest version. Anybody else have problems with this disc or know how to fix it.

gutted for you mate :(
Sent mine back after 24hrs cos Touch Free Sensor stopped working..shame cos the picture was lovely IMO

gutted for you mate :(
Sent mine back after 24hrs cos Touch Free Sensor stopped working..shame cos the picture was lovely IMO

Is there no eject button at all, just the touch free thing? That's an oversight.

yeah, there's a normal eject button as well but I felt that if something went wrong after 24hrs it didn't bode well and of course would cause an issue if I wanted to sell it on in the future...

I bought the BDT 110 and was delighted to find, after annoying experiences with the 35 and 60, that Panasonic had finally come up with a non-fiddley Eject button for one of their players :D

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting the 210 (I have a 1.4 amp so don't need 2 HDMIs) - mainly because of the 4 free discs and that fact that my fat PS3 is quite noisy.

How is this player for start-up times ? PS3 is quite quick so wouldn't want to go backwards.

I don't think it has internal memory does it ? Is everyone using a 1GB usb or an SD card - if you have more does this affect it / improve it (having a PS3 with 80GB means I don;t have to worry abour these things :))

Regarding the free 3D blurays - do you have to buy them from a recommended retailer or can you get them from anywhere (I know some companies are fussy where you buy things from) ?

What's the DVD upscaling like ?

Is the wireless 'n' or 'g' (I think the old sony 570 is 'n' but the new 580 is 'g' which isn't good) ?

Any issues (besides some sensors failing and such like) ?

can you turn the sensor off - just wondering if I can put my topfield on top of it (presumably I can't with the sensor active) ?

Thanks for any reponses.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom