1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic AT6000 owners

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by Jazz Monkey Jr, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +652
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Steve Stifler

Steve Stifler Member

Ratings:
    +179
    If its coming out in the next few days, how come it's already Whathifi's projector product of the year? Seeing as there is a lead in time for testing, publication and also getting retail advertisers to include it and other award winners in their new ads, was it a pre-production model? But the magazine does not indicate so, yet other manufacturers caveat preproduction models as these may not be the same as retail models. So did they tested what exactly????

I think WH IIRC had the Panny 5000 as its top pj last year. They also have an outdated Epson for another category winner, but not a mention of the 6000, nor Optoma HD33 which I've seen and looked ok for less cash. Dont get me started on that Benq they also have. Get yourself a demo before buying any pj, and get a comparison viewing a clip you know inside out so you can make an informed choice. Don't forget the Sony HW50 is out soon so another contender in this price range. To be fair it may have been too late for the mag to have considered.

Apologies if this is too off thread, but I hope this helps potential purchasers to get motivated to demo a plenty before parting with hard earned cash on any pj.
  3. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    I have had a firm price of £2699 pre order price from one dealer but no info on any promotions yet even USA got 2 pairs of 3D glasses with a voucher redemption.
  4. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I have pre-ordered one for the same price as Jazz Monkey mentioned (probably the same place!!). I looking forward to it replacing my aging Panasonic AE300 which is on about 3750 lamp hours and getting a little dim now.

Certainly all the reviews I have read so far (ok mostly from the US) seem to be singing it's praises. OK I haven't seen one running but I didn't see the AE300 but bought that and love it (sometimes ignorance is bliss - I know, a very irresponsible attitude but I find it so hard to get demos of stuff - if I can find a home cinema shop near me they usually never stock projectors!!)

I was looking at importing a US version as it's basically the same thing (even handles 240v out the box with the appropriate power lead) but things like lack of any warrenty and the potential difficulty of getting it fixed put me off.

Nice to think that it may be out in the next few days. Although I won't hold my breath - as long as it comes before XMas when I'm redoing my home cinema room)
  5. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    A guy on eBay is doing a US import for £2100 delivered. Pretty good price but a bit risky. He is giving 1 year warranty on it but not sure how much hassle it would be. I'd rather support a decent dealer who's not out to rip you off, one dealer online said it was £3200 with a special offer at £2995, cheeky sods. :mad:
  6. signs

signs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Yeah I would definitely go with the uk machine mate ,peace of mind an all :)
  7. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    Cheers bud :thumbsup:
  8. Jackass

Jackass Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Please PM me where you are getting that great deal.

Cheers
  9. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I was also looking at one on Ebay for that price (before the buy put the price up to £2500). There is still one seller on there at the moment doing a reasonable deal but as someone else also mentioned, it's safer to buy from the UK so I don't mind spending a little extra.
  10. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    Pm Sent

It's only 1 year warranty aswell and I think you are getting 3 year warranty with the UK version and 5 years from some dealers.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  11. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal Member

Ratings:
    +4
    2 years isn't too bad for the UK one as standard (although of course none of them cover dead/faulty pixels unless a stupid number of them). The place I'm getting it from do a 5 year warrenty which is what sold me on the idea - that and the £2699 pre-order price.

Oh yeah and a PM sent to Jackass as well.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    Their first batch is now sold which are arriving on Tuesday. They said it is 3 year with Panasonic.
    I've put my name down on a X30 which is an ex demo - I will pick it up Monday unless I change my mind - hurry up Phil with the review :p
  13. Bhopinder5

Bhopinder5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I also have a PM for the great price.

Ps think you should be getting commission!!

Cheers
  14. Ideal AV

Ideal AV Active Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,761
    Steve take a look at this post I made, read from about halfway down :devil:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/17703188-post5.html

that should let everyone know to take any award with a pinch of salt

the only review anyone should take any notice of is their own, at least this way its not coloured in any way shape or form.

DEMO DEMO DEMO really is the only way to do it

their is a saying which is very apt

by in haste, repent in leisure :D
  15. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    As Allan said, spending that sort of money you do need to see if it suits your viewing. The review should be here soon, you can subscribe to be notified when it is out.
    Saying that, if it gets a glowing review on here I would quite happily buy one if Phil gives it a good review as he has seen plenty and knows what to look for as long as it is a retail model.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. ShanePJ

ShanePJ Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +232
    Just to let everyone know that the all new Panasonic PTAT6000 projectors should be arriving into your local Authorised Panasonic Dealers today.

So everyone is clear. The new 6000 still takes advantage of the 3rd, 2nd and 1st gen 3D eyewear. The 4th Gen will not work with this projector.

Thankfully the memory zoom system also works both in 2D and 3D.

Regards, Shane.
  17. echosat

echosat Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Hi Shane thanks for your time and the demo today, can't wait for the pj to arrive now
    Thanks again mate
    Shane from stoke
    (echosat)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. ShanePJ

ShanePJ Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +232
    No worries, and thank you for making the trip.

It' was also cool to meet someone else with the name Shane. It has only happened once before in my 39 years and the last time I was a very young 16 year old!

Regards, Shane
  19. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    It looks like there's some stock around now.
    I won't be going to demo and I'm getting my X30 on Tuesday :devil:

It looks like there's no offers on with any free glasses which is a shame as the US are getting 2 free glasses from rebate and also about £1600 over there :(
    I not sure what deals people are getting but my price of £2699 was from a shop in Edinburgh just to clear that up.

Anyone demo'ing or has bought one it would be nice to hear your thoughts, especially if anyone has compared it to an X30.
    Where's that review :confused::lease:
  20. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton Editor Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,254
    It's coming :D
  21. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Got a call from The Home Cinema Center in Edinburgh yesterday saying that they had received 2 units but both had sold (thankfully one to me - woohoo!!)

So it should be arriving this morning.

Tragically I won't be able to properly demo it as I need to get a new ceiling mount plate for my Unicol PSU but I should be able to fire it up against a wall or something to make sure it works and to see if I'm second time unlucky to get dead/faulty pixels again :)

Found another review for it too which seems to praise it - they found a few niggles but something I bet I won't even notice!!!

Panasonic PT-AT6000 (AT6000E) 3D LCD HD Projector Review| HDTVtest
  22. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
    Today :)
  23. ROGER THE LODGER

ROGER THE LODGER Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Just before the review comes out of dry dock,I would love to see a comparison of two screen shots,one straight out the box and another properly calibrated.I have seen this projector at the IFA in Berlin and would say 99% sure of purchasing,just not sold on the benefits of professional calibration.Prove to me I'm deluded:lesson:
    Will I need to buy a special ceiling mount for this projector,or can a universal product from a third party make the grade? Any recommendations?
  24. ROGER THE LODGER

ROGER THE LODGER Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Didn't realise how big the drop in lumens would be when using full zoom and Rec.709 mode. Looks to be around 400 at about 22 feet on my 120 inch screen.Good job they increased the bulb wattage from the pt-ae5000 model.
  25. allanrickman

allanrickman Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I found a place on ebay selling this for £1999, thing is it is a US import but the price includes deliver (within 4 days) and also they pay all customs fees for you.

So the worry would obviously be warranty. I see with Square Trade on ebay, you can add a 3 year warranty for £200. Under buy it now it says add 3 year warranty with square trade (who amazon use to insure the kindle i bought from them).

So i was thinking £2200, sure it is a US model but i can not find it anywhere in the uk especially at that price.

Square Trade insurance says the warranty includes accidental damage, But the main part is this "Covers New, Refurbished and Used items – even if there's no UK manufacturer's warranty on your item."

Also guaranteed 5 day turn around time for any repairs.

What does everyone think??

Any major risks???

The seller has 2,000 feedback at 99.7% positive.
  26. skinnywhippet

skinnywhippet Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Why pay that when you can get an x30 wayyyy cheaper or a tw9000 for that matter
  27. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +652
  28. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,579
    Seemed a bit like damning with feint praise to me at least for the 2D side, or maybe I'm biased. ;) I am surprised that AVF got sent an example with uniformity issues however slight (all my Panasonics had uniformity issues to some degree) as I'd have thought this would be improved by now. I'm sure it will sell, but I'm also glad I made the choice I did, knowing how much I value black levels and good shadow detail.
  29. allanrickman

allanrickman Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Does anyone know if there is any difference at all with the actual UNIT??

I am talking about between the 6000 (eu) and 8000 (us) ???

Was going to order one from the US
  30. ChrisNightingal

ChrisNightingal Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not sure exactly but reading the specs they seem identical - they both support 110 to 240v as well so about the only difference will probably be the power cord (oh that and the warrenty not being much use outside the US!)