Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 50PZ800 - where to buy now?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mungbean, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Mungbean

Mungbean Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone

Ive decided to sell my 42PZ85 and buy a 50PZ800 as ive been so happy with my 85 and dont really like the designs of the new models, also im hoping to pick up a good deal.

So does anyone know where i could get my hands on the 50PZ? ive found it on amazon only at the moment, any ideas?

thanks
    nick
  2. Silverblack

Silverblack Active Member

Ratings:
    +432
    i was about to add that amazon has them for what i think is a brilliant price you should go for it.

i also think that the 2009 range is not as good looking as the z81', z800 models the newer ones aren't as robust as the latter either.

my biggest regret was that about a year and a half ago john lewis was doing the 46pz81 for £999 with the 5yr warranty i ordered it then cancelled a few days later for reasons i can't remember. although i'm very happy with the tv i got i always regreted cancelling the order for that plasma which was for a ridculously cheap price and packed with features for its time to.

i've seen the z800 and the v10 both are very nice but in my opinion the z800 is abit more robust in its build and it has the seperate woofer and tweeter arrangement for even better audio reproduction. i don't think the v10 has that hope this helps you some what.:smashin:
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. rewerb

rewerb Active Member

Ratings:
    +661
    And they only have one left.
    Unlikely to see many of these now, been discontinued 12 months.
  4. Mungbean

Mungbean Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I actually got mine from john lewis 2 years ago and kinda rushed into buying it as I also wished I'd got a bigger tv

what are amazon like for ordering from? Sidedly enough I've never ordered anything from them. I am worried the set might be an ex display or referbished or something. They say there are 2 left from the marketplace so have emailed the shop to see if they have stock

I'd really like to get this set so if anyone can find it else where please do share

my friend has this tv which I saw today and was very jelous of it. Must find one and sell mine

I guess I'll get a decent price for mine so may well order it from amazon and sell my pz46 on here

cheers
  5. Silverblack

Ratings:
    +432
    i have ordered earphones and dvds from them i know its nothing compared to a tv but the items was delivered with no issues. they also say that the to z800' they have are dispatched from them new so i would have abit more peace of mind with that.
  6. Mungbean

Mungbean Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah good point. I guess they couldn't say it's new without it actually being new. Un-nerves me saying only 1 stock. Although I guess if they had non it would say so!

Will order at weekend I think when I'm
    back from holiday. Just hope it goes smoothly :-/

Is there a way to check operational hours on these sets? Then I could check if it's brand new or not!
  7. WGLOVER

WGLOVER Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Amazon is a very successful and reputable company.
    They are the only people I dare deal with on the net, and they have never let me down once.:thumbsup:
  8. Silverblack

Ratings:
    +432
    it will be brand new. the only time i get worried when ordering from amazon is when they have a product coming from a different seller.
  9. Mungbean

Mungbean Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I ordered the tv last night :thumbsup:

it actually is coming from a different seller, but I've emailed them a few times, all through amazon so it's recorded by them. They also assured me the tv is new etc ... So fingers crossed!

Think I'll get my 42pz85 in the classifieds and hope someone buys it!
  10. Silverblack

Ratings:
    +432
    congrats nick i'm sure you will be very pleased with it let us no what you think of it when it arrives.:smashin:
  11. Mungbean

Mungbean Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks mate, I can't wait.
    Although I've ran into a small problem.

Ive been emailing the 3rd party seller (in this case a company called 123electricals4me) asking them if they have stock, delivery ect ... However they emailed me this afternoon saying my order was still pending, then about 4 o'clock they emailed asking if I'd canceled the order as it had disapeared off their system.

So I rang amazon, as by this time the 123 shop was closed, and amazon said the 3rd party must have canceled it because they can't fulfil the order, which to my knowledge is incorrect.

So now I'm totally confused. I've emailed the 3rd party and asked what's happening, so I guess I'll find out over the weekend.

I suppose if worst came to it, I'll pay £100 more and order it from amazon directly

I knew something would go wrong with me being so excited about it!

My living room will have to wait abit longer :(