Panasonic 2011 fluctuating brightness thread

You realy should take it up with them as to why this is.

well then stop repeating the same post as it doesn't help most of us, it fixes only one of the models which is of no use to the rest of us...............

its such a shame that panasonic screwed things up with this year's plasma's, the 42st30 is pretty much my only option in terms of a 3d plasma within my price range thats full 1080p, i might go down to my local panasonic store about a month from now, hopefully by then a fix will of been found, i'll have a chat with them and see what they say, hopefully they won't try to bull**** me by claiming ignorance on the subject.........

Last edited:
well then stop repeating the same post as it doesn't help most of us, it fixes only one of the models which is of no use to the rest of us...............
It looks to me as if Tele was talking to someone who had a GT model thus him informing him to do the update a few times.
I have the VT model and its still very much there, they only way to get a fix is to call/email Panasonic as to when a fix will be brought into place.
Yourself who is looking to buy should be contacting Panasonic and informing them its put you off purchasing. You may get an answer as to when the fix will be brought into place.

its such a shame that panasonic screwed things up with this year's plasma's, the 42st30 is pretty much my only option in terms of a 3d plasma within my price range thats full 1080p, i might go down to my local panasonic store about a month from now, hopefully by then a fix will of been found, i'll have a chat with them and see what they say, hopefully they won't try to bull**** me by claiming ignorance on the subject.........

I was talking to person who had the problem with the GT and was still running the old SW version.

PS

SCT242 has been looking i think but has not left an answer?

Last edited:
Mate if you have the GT 1217 fixes it.:)

I have informed Panasonic that I'm running 12.13 who say its up to date and I've also tried doing a manual update and it also says I'm running the latest software. I originally got 12.13 via email from Panasonic.

sct242 said:
I have informed Panasonic that I'm running 12.13 who say its up to date and I've also tried doing a manual update and it also says I'm running the latest software. I originally got 12.13 via email from Panasonic.

Try going into Vieira connect, it should prompt you to download the F/W

Thats the old SW.

Gaz is right or you can download 1217 from here.

Can you let us know how you get on?

Download Information of VIERA for UK and Ireland | TV | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

Looks like he has gone again LOL.

Last edited:
Apologies my mistake it should be 1217 that fixes it on the GT so your running the old SW.

So it's been sorted for the GT owners.:)

Spoke to the Panasonic engineer today about firmware version when he phoned to confirm they were coming tomorrow with some new software. I told him that I was on 12.13 again and mentioned 12.17, he said that 12.17 fixes a problem with the AI in Dynamic and Normal mode which has a similiar effect to FBr as it was the TV trying to optimise the picture but it had no effect on other modes for FBr. He said when they come they will be installing 12.17 then further software that should fix the FBr, they say that they have tested in the factory but want to see it in the real world.

Spoke to the Panasonic engineer today about firmware version when he phoned to confirm they were coming tomorrow with some new software. I told him that I was on 12.13 again and mentioned 12.17, he said that 12.17 fixes a problem with the AI in Dynamic and Normal mode which has a similiar effect to FBr as it was the TV trying to optimise the picture but it had no effect on other modes for FBr. He said when they come they will be installing 12.17 then further software that should fix the FBr, they say that they have tested in the factory but want to see it in the real world.

Hi

Let us know what further software they install and when they hope to release u to the rest of us.

Baz

I am afraid the engineer was talking ******** mate, and what is AI?:confused:

Have you tried 1217 as your going to save a whole load of bother?

Which factory is he coming from and why install 1217 and then another SW to fix the problem when 1217 fixes it in the first place?

Gotta be honest here and it sounds to me like you have someone who doesn't have a clue and is maybe going to install 1217 say he has done this and that and charge the place you bought your tv from a fortune.
Mate i have tested in all the modes and it's fixed.

Hang on i am looking for a new job, this gives me an idea.LOL.

PS
It's your TV mate and do what you want but i have tried to give you some simple advice that is at least worth a try and i hate to see it when someone is being BS'd by these so called engineers.
Good luck and i hope it gets sorted for you.:)

Ps PS
If the SW has a different number to 1217 let us know because it might fix the VT's etc.

Last edited:
As the owner of a GT30 I no longer really have an issue with FBrs since fw 1217. However, I am noticing that since the update the TV has become noisier (much more buzz). I realise this could be entirely coincidental but has anybody experienced the same? The TV is about 4 months old and has generally been pretty quiet up until now.

I am afraid the engineer was talking ******** mate, and what is AI?:confused:

Have you tried 1217 as your going to save a whole load of bother?

Which factory is he coming from and why install 1217 and then another SW to fix the problem when 1217 fixes it in the first place?

Gotta be honest here and it sounds to me like you have someone who doesn't have a clue and is maybe going to install 1217 say he has done this and that and charge the place you bought your tv from a fortune.
Mate i have tested in all the modes and it's fixed.

Hang on i am looking for a new job, this gives me an idea.LOL.

PS
It's your TV mate and do what you want but i have tried to give you some simple advice that is at least worth a try and i hate to see it when someone is being BS'd by these so called engineers.
Good luck and i hope it gets sorted for you.:)

Ps PS
If the SW has a different number to 1217 let us know because it might fix the VT's etc.

Why discourage someone from getting what might be the definitive fix the the US has? If it is that I for one will be extremely happy. Then we can finally get on with enjoying our TVs. It might be the eeprom update. Definitely don't cancel.

I find it bizarre you would even suggest it Tele, no offence. I can see where you're coming from but really we have no idea what extra software might come out so telling someone to decline possible extra updates seems insane. To be fair does it matter who gets charged? We all paid for the TV with our hard earned and have a warranty. Whoever gets charged under warranty replacement/fix it should be no concern of the consumer.

I bought the TV from Panasonic with the six year warranty, I been in constant contact since June about this problem they say they have a fix and they are coming to apply it. If it fixes the problem I'll be happy.

Why discourage someone from getting what might be the definitive fix the the US has? If it is that I for one will be extremely happy. Then we can finally get on with enjoying our TVs. It might be the eeprom update. Definitely don't cancel.

I find it bizarre you would even suggest it Tele, no offence. I can see where you're coming from but really we have no idea what extra software might come out so telling someone to decline possible extra updates seems insane. To be fair does it matter who gets charged? We all paid for the TV with our hard earned and have a warranty. Whoever gets charged under warranty replacement/fix it should be no concern of the consumer.

I was telling him about the GT as there has been a fix already and no where did i say decline the update?
But and this is where i am queering this, he said the engineer said 1217 only fixes FBr AI??? in Dynamic and Normal i have no clue as to what AI is and secondly it is fixed in all sources. The engineer said it was from the factory which factory is he from or is he just a repair agent appointed by the retailer?
STC42 is giving a lot of info but no answers.
A better plan would have been fix a VT and not a GT which has already been fixed as they are going to apply 1217 how will they know if the new SW fixes it or not???.
I genuinely hope that this could be the answer to all our troubles but given the info up to now i very much doubt it.:)

Can i also say i was talking to someone at Panasonic yesterday and nothing was mentioned......but i hope i am wrong.

Last edited:
I was telling him about the GT as there has been a fix already and no where did i say decline the update?
But and this is where i am queering this, he said the engineer said 1217 only fixes FBr AI??? in Dynamic and Normal i have no clue as to what AI is and secondly it is fixed in all sources. The engineer said it was from the factory which factory is he from or is he just a repair agent appointed by the retailer?
STC42 is giving a lot of info but no answers.
I genuinely hope that this could be the answer to all our troubles but given the info up to now i very much doubt it.:)

He is coming direct from Panasonic the retailer (also Panasonic) is not involved I opened a case with them in June regarding the problem. I understand what you are saying about the firmware updates and I have made them aware of my situation and TV status. They want to install additional to software to 12.17 and test it in my home. I have no reason to think they are doing it for ulterior motives they seem to only want to fix the problem for the UK. I can't give you exact information about what exactly the software does or its history as I don't have the information, I will probably know more after I see them tomorrow.

He is coming direct from Panasonic the retailer (also Panasonic) is not involved I opened a case with them in June regarding the problem. I understand what you are saying about the firmware updates and I have made them aware of my situation and TV status. They want to install additional to software to 12.17 and test it in my home. I have no reason to think they are doing it for ulterior motives they seem to only want to fix the problem for the UK. I can't give you exact information about what exactly the software does or its history as I don't have the information, I will probably know more after I see them tomorrow.

That is fair enough but i cant seem to get my head round the additional SW to 1217, did you have any other problems with your GT green patches or anything?:)

As i am not allowed to mention specific contacts within Panasonic is it OK if i PM you with the name of mine and see if it's the same person?

Last edited:
They also asked if the TV was wall mounted as they would need access to the back of it.

They also asked if the TV was wall mounted as they would need access to the back of it.

Thanks for the PM SCT and sorry for the grilling but i thought it was just for the FBR on the GT and we have had our hopes built up time and again i am sure 1217 will fix your problem tomorrow.
I can't wait to see what else this might fix this is the first real hope we have had?;)

What time are they coming if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM SCT and sorry for the grilling but we have had our hopes built up time and again i am sure 1217 will fix your problem tomorrow.
I can't wait to see what else this might fix this is the first real hope we have had?;)

What time are they coming if you don't mind me asking?

1pm

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom