Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Sky Box stuck in standby

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by barachello2000, Oct 16, 2006.

1. barachello2000

barachello2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did a quick search but did not find anything really related, so sorry if this is a repeat !

Basically my Pace digibox turned itself off tonight, and would not come out of standby. When this has happened in the past, I would just unplug it and leave it for 20 mins and then plug it back in and all would be ok. Not this time. :mad:

It is yet to come out of standby, I have now had it unpluged for an hour while I have been trawling the net.

What I am looking to know is, if I try a forced software download, and that is unsuccessfull, is another option to try to swap out a psu from another pace box ? If so, how easy is that likely to be - is soldering required ?

But most importantly, any help or suggestions, greatfully received, as my wife and kids are beginning to do my nut in !!!!!
  2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,098
    See this site for repair kits/replacement PSUs depending on model (should be on white sticky label on bottom of box BSKB???? - about third of the way down the page
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page12.htm#pacekits
  3. Inactive

Inactive Member

Ratings:
    +40

FleaBay replacement, or possibly the sale pages on here.
  4. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,566
    The Pace boxes don't have a separate psu like the Grundig and don't usually give problems so I wouldn't go down that route.
    If a forced software update doesn't cure it I'd think about binning it and just buy a replacement.
  5. RichardBoult

RichardBoult Member

Ratings:
    +18
    My old pace went wrong years ago and it was the tuner that had packed in!