Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace HD box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by tolmie, Jul 20, 2006.

1. tolmie

tolmie Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hello campers, im thinking about gettting the pace hd box thats out the now, think the model number is 810. I have sky and want to get rid off it. Does anyone know if I can get Setanta Sports on the pace box as I subscribe to this. This box is not a Sky HD box, its like a freeview type of box.

Cheers
  2. tolmie

tolmie Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I've asked a question nobody can answer, wow
  3. SickStu

SickStu Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I've got that box. It's got a C.I. slot but I don't think you can get any legal (or otherwise) cam/card to get Setanta - but I may be wrong. Have you asked Pace ?
  4. Cupart

Cupart Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Apparently there is a free open CI for a module on the PACE 810, so in theory you should be able to get a Dragon CAM to work with your Sentanta subscription as long as you have the original SKY digibox for updates. The Dragon CAM can simulate NDS, but not live updates... Also you need the right loader card/ware to do this. Saw them advertised over on fleebay for around £75 with all the other usual encryptions included.

Also, I doubt it that you'll be able to watch any HD material from SKY this way.
  5. CAV01

CAV01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    A family member took delivery of a Pace DS810 yesterday.
    I was impressed by the BBC HD channel. I did however notice that they couldn't receive channel 4 or 5 (Selecting these channels gave error 'No CI-module in slot'). Unfortunately they are in a fringe reception area so aren't able to receive channel 4 or 5 on terrestrial Freeview either.
    They aren't Sky subscribers. Would purchasing a Freesat card for around £20 resolve the problem, and would this work in a non Sky supplied box?
  6. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel Active Member

Ratings:
    +706
    It will solve the problem in a $ky box ; as mentioned above, it would not work with a non dedicated $ky STB - unless you went the Dragon CAM route.
    The Freesat cards are designed for use with the NDS VideoGuard conditional access system ; this is embedded into the $ky boxes - they have a card slot but no Common Interface CAM (Conditional Access Module) slot. There is no such thing as an NDS Videoguard CI CAM.
    This is why $ky's digital encryption system remains unhacked.

Chris Muriel, Manchester
  7. SamRadford

SamRadford Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    Even if you use a "Dragon" CAM, you still need a Sky Digibox connected so you can shove the card in it for up to 3 days each month to "refresh" the card.
  8. wernerp

wernerp Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I got the same PACE 810 sat receiver, purchased a dragon cam (T-REX now called) a programmer and a loader card. The sat receiver did not detect the cam module. I contacted PACE and they told me they are not supporting the dragon cam.
    They don't mention any exclusion of certain types of CAM modules in their prodcut description.