Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our first video game video review - Portal 2

Discussion in 'AVForums News & Notices' started by Stuart Wright, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright AVForums Founder Staff Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +6,840
    <object width="200" height="142" align="right"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFEAPPyZ4RU?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFEAPPyZ4RU?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="200" height="142" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>The game has been out a while, but we liked it so much that we thought we'd use it for our first video game video review.
    We plan to produce more video reviews.
    Your feedback is invited.
  2. tobsmonster2

tobsmonster2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Good review, I enjoyed it. It felt a little short, but really there's only so much you can say about a game like portal without spoiling too much of the story.
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. eiren

eiren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,532
    This was great, a lot better than many professional gaming sites!

More please?
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  4. Sephiroth0000

Sephiroth0000 Member

Ratings:
    +80
    Review was good. Game sucks though :eek:
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. Pooon

Pooon Active Member

Ratings:
    +733
    I enjoyed the video review, the only other review videos i have watched recently are those shown on ign.com which are sometimes good, sometimes not, but what i liked more about this one is there was no 8/10 score given and the review is more suited to the mature audience (unlike the youth found on full blown gaming sites)

Oh and is there any cake?
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. Member 639844

Member 639844 Former Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,134
    Seriously, you didnt like Portal 2 ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Not a bad first effort for the review as well. Was this you Phil? I sort of got the feeling the guy narrating was a bit new to reviewing, but as a first effort I think that was very good, and as you get used to it its clear reviewing will become natural.

Can we get some requests in for upcoming titles we would like to see reviews of?
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton Editor Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,358
    No. It was produced by our Gaming team. Ben reviewed the game and wrote the script. It was voiced by Roger Davis and edited together by Steve Hill.
    More coming.
  8. Member 639844

Member 639844 Former Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,134
    All in all I think it was a good first effort.

What will be the publishing format in the future. Will we see written review similar to the hardware reviews, but with the video review at the top etc. I think that would be cool,and it would give us a thread in which to relay comments. You could also add a poll for members to vote for their own score rating as well, so we would have the AVF scoring, and a user scoring similar to how a lot of other gaming sites have.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Stephen Carter

Stephen Carter AVF Games Reviewer

Ratings:
    +413
    I think user scores are going to be implemented in with the official scores on the site somehow or at least it has been suggested from the staff as well as users so hopefully you can expect something of the sort in furture :smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1