Our First house - Renovation/AV install

Wow - stunning house and renovation :thumbsup:

Hey there Jamster, i was just wondering where did you purchase your gloss black cabinet from for your equipment to go in?

I've been trying to find something like that for a month now!!

many thanks,
Nash.

Jamster - where did you buy the exterior lights? They look great.

Is it a big job for a spark to wire them up?

Mmmmm. Black, pick and lime-green in the same room.........

Samsung 46" LED Ultrathin - lounge
Samsung 46" LCD - My Bedroom/PS3 room
Samsung 32" LCD - Master Bedroom
Samsung 37" LCD - Dining room
HD Waterproof Mirror LCD - Bathroom

Installation looks great, but am I the only one who thinks this is a bit of TV overkill? Lounge, bedroom x 2, bathroom, dining room...I love TV and movies as much as the next man but that's a bit much IMHO :) All you need is one in the kitchen and outside and your fully covered...

Installation looks great, but am I the only one who thinks this is a bit of TV overkill? Lounge, bedroom x 2, bathroom, dining room...I love TV and movies as much as the next man but that's a bit much IMHO :) All you need is one in the kitchen and outside and your fully covered...

What are you talking about. It is never overkill. I just wish I could get one in my bathroom...... But we do have one in the dining room that serves the kitchen too:devil:

And I thought I had too many with a 50" in the Living Room, 40" in the bedroom and a 32" in the Office (along with a 22" on my Office PC).
I do like the TV in the bathroom though - has got me thinking :D

Ah, almost forgot about the iPad which acts as a portable TV everywhere else in the house :)

Id love to have a tv in the bathroom, chilling in the bath watching tv must be cool

Hey there Jamster, i was just wondering where did you purchase your gloss black cabinet from for your equipment to go in?

I've been trying to find something like that for a month now!!

many thanks,
Nash.

I searched for months to find a cabinet that fitted that space but had no luck.

Ended up buying an 800mm base unit fro ikea and some highgloss black end panels and handles . Turned out ok .

Jamster - where did you buy the exterior lights? They look great.

Is it a big job for a spark to wire them up?

Can be a bit awkard to be honest , really depends on the style /build of your property. Generally speaking new build houses are easier to wire stuff .

I do a lot of this stuff day in day out but based in glasgow .

When doing the renovation it was more a case of "why not" with the screens .

All screens are discreet and almost flush , add the fact all I pay for is the screens and cable I dont see why not :smashin:

Ps . I dont have one in the pink bedroom , but there are cables in place .

The kitchen and dinning are one large space , so that screen covers both rooms. I do intend to put speakers outdoors but think I'll pass on the outdoor screen .

The funny thing is , I dont actually watch that much tv :laugh:

Can be a bit awkard to be honest , really depends on the style /build of your property. Generally speaking new build houses are easier to wire stuff .

I do a lot of this stuff day in day out but based in glasgow .

I'm in a miller home similar to yours.

South Ayrshire too far for a homer? :rolleyes:

Really great work. Wish i had a house like that....maybe i should start again with redecorating although its not long since we finished having replastering work done and if i suggested it i think the wife will kill me! :)

Sorry to be a pain but in which section of Ikea did you get it from? been trying to find something like that for 2 months now at a reasonable price.

many thanks,
Nash.

Looking very nice mate.

Bought a new build ourselves & still waiting to be built.

Can I ask what flooring have you got in the WC? We were going for oak floor in entrance hall & WC, however I love the sparkle in the floor!

Have you checked if your developer can provide it ? We are just having a new build finished off and the master en-suite has been done in red sparkle tiles. It was about £300 fitted, for about 4 sqm

This is in one of the show house's, ours should be done this week. We were given 2 weeks notice of completion today.

Last edited:
Really very nice, love the decor choices, love your kitchen back spalsh with the under cupboard lighting that adds a great effect.

Very good work fella, congrats to you.

Kind regards,

Linx

Love the bathroom with the TV. I would be tempted to put in a motion sensor to flush the toilet and to run the tap on the sink, but I am really really lazy. Perhaps too lazy!

Very impressive house, well done :D

Will have an update soon.

Back garden is well under way .

Plans include - Artificial lawn
- Artificial putting green
- RGB LED Lighting controlled from harmony
- Electric remote controlled awning/canopy
-Rattan furniture/BBQ etc etc.

Will post pics shortly

Jamie

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom