Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange Broadband + PSN = drama

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Disaveli, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Disaveli

Disaveli Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Ok so we recently got new broadband with Orange, we have a Netgear DGN1000sp router. I can connect to the internet fine on my computer but when it comes to connecting to PSN, the problems occur. I can't sign in to the PSN with the orange broadband, I've read everywhere that Orange and PSN just don't mix well.

Any solutions?
  2. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    What's the error code on your PS3 when you try to connect? It should work if you set up a DMZ and/or allow the right ports. I'm on Orange LLU and it works fine (a bit slow/laggy but that's more than likely due to the attenuation/snr).
  3. Disaveli

Disaveli Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DLNA 7531 protocol error
  4. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    I thought that error was just if you couldn't connect to a local DLNA server and nothing to do with PSN :confused:

DLNA 7531 protocol error - PlayStation Forum

Someone on there suggested restarting the Media Server (or disable it if you don't use it). I have the Media Server permanently disabled on mine so I'm not sure if I'd get this problem too.

What happens when you try to sign in?
  5. Battle

Battle Active Member

Ratings:
    +499
    Im connected with orange fine. Although it did take a while to set up properly.

Do you use the router provided by orange or a third party one? I originally had a third party one but it stopped working, Im sure that orange cut it off but I cant prove it because as soon as i started using the orange provided livebox my broadband mysteriously started working again.

Are you connecting by Wi-fi or by ethernet cable?

If by Ethernet cable there may be an issue. If you have a component already plugged into port one on the livebox and you plug the PS3 into port 2 then it probably wont work as for some god forsaken reason port 2 is default set up for a phone line so you have to go into the router settings and turn that off before it will work for the PS3.
  6. Nakatsu_Hime

Nakatsu_Hime Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Having Orange broadband isn't necessarily a deal-breaker. I have Orange, and PSN works fine. However, I do not use the router supplied by Orange, as my D-Link router does the job.

I've heard the routers supplied by Orange are not really first class re wLAN and PS3 connections.
  7. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    This might depend on what Orange give you. The Livebox can be a bit temperamental and Orange are aware of this (I retired mine and replaced it with a Netgear a couple of years ago). I think they issue customers with Netgear DGN1000 routers now instead.

Here's their guide...

Playstation 3 - how to set up a wireless connection to your Netgear DGN1000 wireless router | help & support | Orange UK

(not ideal but better than nothing)