1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma hd33 / hd300x owners thread

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by toddy28, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddy28

toddy28 Member

Ratings:
    +344
    3 year
  2. Alpha 14

Alpha 14 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Scan Computers - not yet compatible with Nividia 3DTV Play. Driver issues.
  3. Alpha 14

Alpha 14 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    So I have been hard at work on this one and there is nothing I can do to get this running without lag on Win7 or get 3DTV play operational. So will need to sit tight until I here back from Optoma this week. Will post up an update soon.

Does anyone have the HD33 up and running with Win7 (64bit) without lag and with 3DTV play working??
  4. jaask

jaask Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I do not have the projector (yet) but I've been reading about it a lot. This may or may not work to get the 3DTV Play working but worth a shot: I noticed in this Nvidia 3D forum a link to this blogger's site for instructions about using the 3DTV Play with displays that are not currently supported officially by Nvidia. The fix is basically using a custom .inf for the display to enable 3DTV Play.

Could you please test and report back if you got it working? I'm eager to know the result since I'm planning to use the projector mainly through PC as well and gaming with PC is a big part of it.

I think it would be also helpful to use this Nvidia support site to upload the projector's display info to Nvidia for them to add the support officially. Maybe they will add the support faster if many people upload it ;)
  5. Alpha 14

Alpha 14 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi and thanks,

Am hot on the topic now, just swapping out the HD67N for the HD300x and will test the theory and report back shortly. I do have a direct line into both Nvidia and Optoma due to what we do however everyone is off till Monday/ Tuesday :( and we have a presentation on Monday whihc it needs to work for.

Will be surprised if it fixes the lag ! But you never know.

Give me 30mins and some match sticks as its now 0130 in the morning,
  6. Alpha 14

Alpha 14 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Well a quick post to say Nvidia 3DTV play test screen working well. MMmm 1080p 3D @ 24Hz.

Big thanks for the tip, the instructions were simple and very easy to follow and took all of about 5 mins including teh reboot and test. I now apparently have a denon :)

Tested - TMT 3 plat (Great apart from having no keyboard controls to skip)
    FSX - Amazing
    DiRT3 - Did not work in 1080p 24hz only allows you to select 25hz so when am awake tm will look through config files to see if I can manually change that

Stereoscopic player - Amazing

P.S. Lag still present? Any suggestions on that one?
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. jaask

jaask Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for testing, good to know that it actually works!

Would you be able to test also 720p resolution and 120hz refresh rate with frame packed 3D material, effectively sending 60hz to both eyes? I'd think that using the desktop with 1080p/24hz is very sluggish, you should see a lot of lag with mouse movements etc and therefore in 3D gaming you should use 720p and in movies 1080p. HDMI 1.4a doesn't support 1080p/60hz for each eye in 3D through the cable because of the limited bandwidth so you need to use 720p resolution in desktop to get higher refresh rate to work.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  8. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all need some help I need to find out how far back in meters the hd33 has to be back for 120" screen.

The reason I need help is because 1.I am about to take the plunge 2. I have no access to a pc as mine is in repair (dodgy mother board ) and apple ipod has no flash for the calculators :(

Thanks in advance
  9. ian475

ian475 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    13.1" to 15.8" with 14.3 being optimal,according to projector centrals calc.
  10. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for your help do you know though what 14.3 is in meters as I'm in Finland and meters are how we roll :)
  11. ian475

ian475 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    3.32 to 3.98 gives 254 cm diagonal
  12. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Excellent ! cheers for the help:)
  13. paulmcp2403

paulmcp2403 Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Re the 2d to 3d conversion....I suppose you could simply plug in a blue player that has this function....and that should work ?????
  14. toddy28

toddy28 Member

Ratings:
    +344
    Hd300x £999 at avpartsmaster (plus vat sorry was at work and didnt see the plus vat bit)
  15. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate Active Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +973
    Taken from their site:

All prices displayed exclude VAT

;)
  16. ShanePJ

ShanePJ Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +232
    [​IMG]

A basic distance chart from Optoma regarding the HD33. Hope this help people!

Regards, Shane
  17. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Lovely just what I was looking for :) thanks.
  18. Alpha 14

Alpha 14 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Some additional info that helps the desktop lag, it does not resolve some of the in game issues. Soon as you switch to 3D resolution the lag is re-introduced.

The HD300X has frame interpolation, colour and edge-enhance processing enabled by default, which will induce lag to the video signal.

Try turning the projector's display mode to “REFERENCE” - this should disable all the post-processing and reduce the lag to a minimum.

If you are running in 3D mode, you will need to disable “PureMotion,” “PureColor” and “PureDatail” manualy via the OSD to reduce the Lag. (They can be found in under “Image -> Advanced -> PureEngine”)

Do not use LBX mode in 3D as it introduces crosstalk and soar eyes.

Will testing a number of games over the next few days so will come back soon with a full run down.

1080p 3D movies are great :)

3DTV Play Nvidia update due out in a couple of weeks which will add the HD300x to the certified list.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. ShanePJ

Ratings:
    +232
    Beaten to it! :smashin:

So I'll just repeat it again. For those out there waiting for the EDIE firmware upgrade for the latest N-Vidia 3DTV Play NVidia have confirm that a software upgrade will be ready in a couple of weeks.

This means that you will be able to see the projector in the list!

Regards, Shane.
  20. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Member

Ratings:
    +39
    mine arrives tomorrow!
  21. hutch

hutch Active Member

Ratings:
    +928
    Can anyone who's owned a HD20 comment on the noise of the HD33? I love my HD20 but the noise it makes drives me mental so looking to switch for something a lot quieter.
  22. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    You lucky lucky person :) I still have to wait 14 days for stock to arrive at the shop I'm buying from :(
  23. ShanePJ

Ratings:
    +232
    It's seems to be a quieter. Although the noise a projector delivers is selective to some degree in my experience.

It depends where you are sat in relation to the projector, what Lamp mode you are running it in and whether you have the volume up on your surround sound system!

If you are interested you can pop over to our showroom and have a listen to both unit's and this will let you know for sure which is the quietest.

Regards, Shane
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. Alpha 14

Alpha 14 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I have to say that I think its nice and quiet. In fact I had someone around yesterday and that was one one of their first comments. Considering its a chunky fella doing alot of work its not intrusive in anyway.

The only time it makes a noise is when its switching in and out of 3D for applications.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  25. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug Member

Ratings:
    +39
    i got a very good deal from Anton at Progressive AV!

was the last one he had too...

btw, Projectorpoint are doing an extra free pair of glasses and a mount for 1359...
  26. toddy28

toddy28 Member

Ratings:
    +344

Mines about 1.2 meters above my head and with the sound muted on my amp and it's almost silent I even put my ear next to it to check the fan was working when I got it

In 3d mode it does hum a bit and I can hear it sitting down but it's not that loud I think it's because it outputs more lumens so the fan kicks up a gear
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. a_jam_sandwich

a_jam_sandwich Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I have mine on normal lamp mode and I think its quite loud tbh louder than my old xbox and thats loud.

Quite impressed with it, although I do suffer a little rainbowing.... 3D is awsome! I no longer see it as a gimic!

Played Wipeout HD on ps3 and was amazed can really see the corner comming at you when going 200mph!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Just ordered my hd33 today with 2 pairs glasses and rf module (glasses and module not supplied with projector here in Finland) should be here tomorrow. Very excited all I need now to complete this day is to go buy an ice cream :)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  29. ShanePJ

Ratings:
    +232
    I think that's a fair comment.

Anybody wanting to see the projector in action, simply give me a call. We've got it hooked up to an Onkyo TX-NR609 and Panasonic DMP-BDT310 3D blu-ray player. If your worried about stocking issues, please don't worry as stock is available together with eyewear.

Regards, Shane.

Reg
  30. oddman76

oddman76 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Anybody have any best settings info for the hd33?

There are some settings on the avs forum for American version would this work okay for eu version?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.