Optoma hd33 / hd300x owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question i was going to get the rf glasses for the hd300x as they sell them on the same website im buying the projector but have been reading some people said truedepth 3d glasses are better anyone have an opinion on this or are the rf glasses fine?

Last edited:
I had optoma dlp zd201 glasses and now the rf and I think the rf are better

They both work really well but I like the size of the rf lenses and they are more comftible

I had optoma dlp zd201 glasses and now the rf and I think the rf are better

They both work really well but I like the size of the rf lenses and they are more comftible

Yes alot of people seem to prefer the rf glasses for comfort and the bigger lenses :)

The difference in brightness is negligable... the rf glasses arnt tinted a great deal.

One thing I can promise, the 3D will blow away any 3D TV or cinema experience.

The picture is very bright an crisp in both 3D and 2D viewing.

Grandview cyber 92" electric white with a 1.1 gain

Projector is 11 foot from the screen so nice and bright

Last edited:
Does any one know where to demo one in the NE? LEConcepts wants to charge me £20 for a demo.

If you manage to find somewhere to demo it can you give me a shout. Live in Hartlepool so would want to have a look before i purchase and not sure where to go in the NE.

Could even go 50/50 on that £20 if you prefer.

just picked up my HD33 in black. just a quick question though, the box and pj have HD33-B on the labels etc but the plastic bag containing the user manual and remote haa a HD300X sticker on it?

rang Optoma to confirm which i have and they assured me that it is the HD33 and the sticker is used for the HD33 as well. the pj also came with one pair of specs which i believe is standard for the HD33. just didn't want to end up paying the full amount for a HD33 to end up with a 300x.

if anyone gets a chance can you check your plastic bag that contained the manual/remote to see what the sticker reads.

i got mine before the 300 came out , what colour is your remote , if its black that might explane the 300x sticker on the bag but the best way to check is on the projector menu , look at what version firmware it has

my uk hd33 has fw C02 it says at the top of the menu when you select system

Last edited:
Yes mine was the same its the HD33-B with 1 set of glasses i check my bag tonight, what do you think of the projector so far? where did you purchase it from? i got mine
from richer sounds.

yes i have a bag with HD300X(C1E) well spotted and my remote is black with grey buttons i think its ok as it says HD33-B under the projector.

I keep reading about warranties on the hd33 if bought from an authorised dealer,are Sevenoaks an authorised dealer?

I'm sure they are and only dealers are allowed to sell the hd33 , any company can sell the hd300x

toddy28 said:
I'm sure they are and only dealers are allowed to sell the hd33 , any company can sell the hd300x

Ah happy days just wanted to make sure the warranty would be ok before I splashed the cash!

If you manage to find somewhere to demo it can you give me a shout. Live in Hartlepool so would want to have a look before i purchase and not sure where to go in the NE.

Could even go 50/50 on that £20 if you prefer.

Trying Richer sounds later this week, haven't had time yet. I'll let you know if any joy. Not willing to pay LE Concepts anything. Think it is totally off trying to charge for a demo. I was wanting to compare 2 or 3 against each other that they stock even though I only enquired about the HD33. If Richer can't demo then I'm gonna wait till I'm back at work and on the road again.

I've never heard of a shop charging for a demo..i'd laugh at them and never grace their doors again (and tell them so)

Well le concepts will have a poor name on av forums if they want to charge you for a demo, you should tell them that as well

Anyone know does the HD300x play SBS MKVs is it one of the options on the 3D menu ? Or is it just automatic

Press the 3d button on the remote and select sbs

Job done :D

Well le concepts will have a poor name on av forums if they want to charge you for a demo, you should tell them that as well

I did speak to them again and they came back with this

Dear Sir,

Re: Optoma HD33 3D Bundle

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can demonstrate the Optoma HD33 for you in our demo' room.
There is a cost of £20 which is subtracted from a final sale price and we would require one hour's notice to set up the unit.
Our price of £1299.99 is a sale price until the 3 January 2012 and I can confirm our stock is sourced from Optoma UK and thus is offered with a 3 year on site warranty, unlike some websites that are importing stock from Hong Kong and for which Optoma UK will not offer any warranty.

Thank you for your patience

leconcepts.com

Regards

Connie (sales #067)

0191 460 8993
0870 8000 666
leconcepts.com

This communication contains information, which is confidential and is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please delete and contact the sender via email return. The contents of this email are, unless the contrary is expressed, solely the view of the writer and not of LEConcepts . LEConcepts is not responsible for the contents and accepts no responsibility for them. Errors and Omissions Excluded.

As you can see they have offered to subtract the £20 from the sale price (what if this was not the projector for me after demo).
I was wanting compare 3 and then go away before making a decision. Still, never had a company ask for this. My company travel the UK to demo test equipment to customers FOC. Don't think I'll deal with them again.

I did speak to them again and they came back with this

Dear Sir,

Re: Optoma HD33 3D Bundle

Thank you for your enquiry.

We can demonstrate the Optoma HD33 for you in our demo' room.
There is a cost of £20 which is subtracted from a final sale price and we would require one hour's notice to set up the unit.
Our price of £1299.99 is a sale price until the 3 January 2012 and I can confirm our stock is sourced from Optoma UK and thus is offered with a 3 year on site warranty, unlike some websites that are importing stock from Hong Kong and for which Optoma UK will not offer any warranty.

Thank you for your patience

leconcepts.com

Regards

Connie (sales #067)

0191 460 8993
0870 8000 666
leconcepts.com

This communication contains information, which is confidential and is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please delete and contact the sender via email return. The contents of this email are, unless the contrary is expressed, solely the view of the writer and not of LEConcepts . LEConcepts is not responsible for the contents and accepts no responsibility for them. Errors and Omissions Excluded.

As you can see they have offered to subtract the £20 from the sale price (what if this was not the projector for me after demo).
I was wanting compare 3 and then go away before making a decision. Still, never had a company ask for this. My company travel the UK to demo test equipment to customers FOC. Don't think I'll deal with them again.

Truly appalling...charging for demos ??? What's next....car dealers charging for the petrol during test drives....safe to say some eegit at senior level is either stupid or desperate and decided let's charge £20....any company charging for a demo is worth avoiding....and I think I voice the concerns of most members reading this....:lesson:

Can anyone let me know the throw range of the HD33, i'm considering a temporary setup in my living room until my deidcated room is built and am looking at a 6ft wide screen (84 inch diagonal I think) , the pj would be mounted just over 3m away from the screen on a high shelf. Would the image fit this or would I need to go to a bigger screen?

We'll, as your not that far from us, you would be more than welcome to pop in for a demonstration of the HD33. Our stock is 100% UK sourced, carrys a full 3 year warranty and includes a pair of 3D eyewear. As for pricing this is something I'm unable to comment on.

If you fancy a trip over to Colne, Lancashire simply drop us a line.

Regards, Shane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom