Optoma hd33 / hd300x owners thread - Part 3

What's your thoughts on the pj. I'm finding my hd300x far to bright on a white wall. I've ordered a nd2 filter and depending on results might go with a grey screen. Weirdly the blacks were better on my hd65 but maybe it just needs running in.

Also as I mentioned my hd300x is not saving settings, not sure if I can be bothered with sending it back. Trouble is I spend hours fiddling getting perfect settings only to have to stat over next day.

I thought my HD33 was bright compared to my hd67 but settled on the following settings and was really happy (apart from the vertical line)

Cinema setting
Contrast -31
Bright 0
Sharp 12
Color +4
Tint 0

Advanced
Gamma Standard
Color Temp Warm
Red gain +1
Grn gain 0
blu gain =5

Red bias -2
Grn bias 0
Blu bias -1

I would send it back for repair and then you know it's right, then you can just enjoy your movies and stop playing with the
settings.

Does anyone have a link or part number for the original larger glasses? I ordered what were pictured as the old ones from ebuyer and had the optoma 3d-RF part number but received the new smaller ones!! I wear glasses and the larger ones are more comfortable!! Thanks!!

Denzz said:
Does anyone have a link or part number for the original larger glasses? I ordered what were pictured as the old ones from ebuyer and had the optoma 3d-RF part number but received the new smaller ones!! I wear glasses and the larger ones are more comfortable!! Thanks!!

I would do a swap if your interested old style for new , my set are boxed as new hardly used as there for guests

Hi

I'm very happy with my Optoma HD33, but I just noticed this (see pics), weird color blur in the down right corner. It might have been there for a little while, but it seems like it just popped up.

Does anyone know what this is? First I thought/hoped it was the disc I was watching, but it was also on another disc, and then as pictured on the test pattern.

Should I be worried? It's only 10 months old, and the lamp has only run 400 hours...

Attachments

• foto 1-1.JPG
    foto 1-1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 109
  • foto 2-1.JPG
    foto 2-1.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 104
  • foto 3-1.JPG
    foto 3-1.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 110
Hi toddy, thanks for the offer mate but I sent them back for a refund!! Any ideas where I can get the old style from?

Not sure , as there out of production now

Allanlegarth said:
Hi

I'm very happy with my Optoma HD33, but I just noticed this (see pics), weird color blur in the down right corner. It might have been there for a little while, but it seems like it just popped up.

Does anyone know what this is? First I thought/hoped it was the disc I was watching, but it was also on another disc, and then as pictured on the test pattern.

Should I be worried? It's only 10 months old, and the lamp has only run 400 hours...

Have you checked the lens is clean , if so contact optoma , I would not be happy with that

Hi toddy, thanks for the offer mate but I sent them back for a refund!! Any ideas where I can get the old style from?

Are these the ones you are after?

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230934639337&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123]1 pairs OPTOMA E1AS30000001 3D RF glasses | eBay[/ame]

As an update to my problem, the PJ was returned last week (after 4 weeks to repair) and now it works fine.

Trouble is, now my Denon AVR1912 HDMI output has stopped working and that is 10 days out of warranty :-/ A quick google search found me this which doesn't bode well. http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2036520

Well I got my HD33 back on friday after its second trip to Optoma and 4 weeks after buying it I finally got to watch some movies on it this weekend...........

I've watched
Wreck it Ralph in both 2D & 3D
Skyfall
Immortals 3D and all I can say is Love it, Love it, Love it!

I have played with both my DLP link glasses and the ZF2100 RF glasses and the RF are a lot brighter and don't (in my opinion) tint the colours as much so i've just ordered a second pair from Richer sounds for £59.97 delivered:thumbsup:

If any one has a HD67 & 3D XL and is still undecided start saving you won't be disappointed, mine has been worth the wait:D

Incksy I would recommend Madagascar 3 3d very good too!

Wreck it Ralph, that's only just come out at the cinema?

Despicable me is good

Wreck it Ralph came out on Blu ray in the states 2 weeks ago and is region free. £29.99 delivered from dvdworld USA.

http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=98576

Don't want people thinking I'm knock off Nigel with bootleg movies : )

Just had a email to day they also have life of Pi and the hobbit in stock too.

Thanks for the recommendations Will have a look at Madagascar and despicable me.

Not sure why but the settings I posted further up the thread seem very yellow since getting my projector back so I spent Sunday morning tweaking not sure what's changed wat the best home calibration disc?

Last edited:
Another one which was good was journey to the centre of the earth 1st one American version not the one that comes with the cardboard glasses it's like a theme park ride really good!

Another one which was good was journey to the centre of the earth 1st one American version not the one that comes with the cardboard glasses it's like a theme park ride really good!

is it possible you can post a link for the one you are talking about? getting confused after searching lol

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Dredd is really good as well

Amazing slow motion 3d

Hey toddy how's it going still ain't got me amp or speakers!

Really well thanks , got a nice new sub for more boom , ;)

Been playing on the wii u as well , zombie u on the big screen is amazing

Is wii u any good? Any chances of a couple of screenshots?

Is wii u got hdmi then ? Seems expensive console to me for specs u get.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom