1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma hd33 / hd300x owners thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by the_dude2, Sep 30, 2012.

1. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    4 is the newest as far as i know , I'm only on 2 as I got mine at launch , you have to send them away for updates
  2. williamcaput

williamcaput New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I adjusted the delay tuning and duty cycle. This got rid of the ghosting and gave me suitable 3D content.
    I found a solution to a few other issues while troubleshooting. My smart hub had defaulted back to a display size of 55". I had to change this to 110" to match the screen. Also, the projector would constantly resync changing the size of the image on the screen. There was a setting for Super Wide that I turned off in the receiver. All seems to be good now. Good luck!

3. e2zippo

e2zippo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! Any tip when it comes to the tuning? I suppose it's all in 3D-RF Glasses-M-en-GB.pdf but I could definitely use some pointers.

Another issue as well!

I just bought myself a new HDMI cable with 1.4a support and now I'm trying to playback a full Blu-Ray iso file, hoping that the projector would sense this and turn on frame sequential, but it's greyed out, I can't even select it.

The graphics card I'm using is a AMD 6530D and it supports frame sequential over HDMI 1.4a.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I'm using Arcsoft Total Media Theater.

What am I doing wrong here? :confused:
  4. williamcaput

williamcaput New Member

Ratings:
    +1
  5. e2zippo

e2zippo Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks! I got frame sequential working by changing display type to AMD in TMT

Now the problem is that hardware acceleration isn't working, so the cpu load lingers around 95% and the movie stutters a lot.

I have the latest drivers (12.10) and hardware acceleration is enabled in TMT.

I'm gonna try PowerDVD as well.

Regarding the tuning, i couldn't get the remote in "tuning mode".

When i press any direction the only thing that happens is that all the led lamps cycle with a green light?

Cheers!
  6. williamcaput

williamcaput New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You have to press the joystick down until the LED light up with the setting you're looking for. For correcting ghosting, you are going for 2 solid LED's. Then press the joystick up/down, left/right to adjust settings.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    can someone please tell me the settings should be set to inverted with sky 3d or not ?
    im having massive problems getting 3D on this pj
    thanks
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  8. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    It's a 50/50 thing as there is no signal with sbs to sync the image to the correct eye , sometime you need it some time you don't

Best way for a quick check is turn your glasses upside down , but from you have said I think your projector is knackered

It should just work

1 . Turn to sky 3d channel and see a split picture,
    2. Press sbs on your projector remote
    3. Screen will flash fan and colour wheel speeds up and makes a moo sound and the over all sound level increases
    4. Make sure your glasses are turned on
    5. Sit back and enjoy if the image looks strange and strains your eyes invert the images ( swaps the eye images over ) or turn glasses upside down for a quick check instead of going through the menu
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. twinhead

twinhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, just bought the HD33 and have HDMI 1.4 & 1.3 cables. Right now my PS3 is in the repair shop so all i have to test / watch with is my laptop with just a mediocre graphics and HDMI out.

Is there anyway i can still watch 3D content off of my current setup? Can i watch the 3D enabled stuff off YouTube? Is there any sites that have 1080p trailers of 3D content? I'd really like to show the wife all this wasn't a waste of money so if any of you know of a really great 3D clip, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  10. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks mate, thats great, i think the problem im having is a hdmi cable one, amazon let me down yesterday by sending me everything but the cables, i got a
    Panasonic DMP-BDT220EB, an HDMI splitter, 10 meter power cable but not the bloody hdmi cables i ordered ! how annoying ..
    afaik i only have 1.3 cables, is there any way of telling the difference between 1.3 and 1.4 ?
    i was sort of under the impression that 1.3 was fine for sky 3D..
    i DID get it working for about half an hour last night, we were blown away by the 3D, we saw a showcase with a girl jumping in a swimming pool and sticking her hand out, show jumping, footy etc, then about 25 mins of puss in boots which happened to be on sky, it was an animated thing, but it felt like we were almost there !
    really quite staggering, i got the panovision 120" electric screen so it pretty much filled the room..
    all i want is it to working all the time..:mad:

sorry i rambled on a bit there :blush:

anyway, due to my setup position, its hard to run a short hdmi cable to the pj to test, i did it breifly yesterday, but had no time for propper 3d checks, il do it again today...sadly either way , i think il have to return the pj due to that " fan failure" warning i got last night :rolleyes:
    cheers Rob
  11. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    There is no such thing as a 1.3 or a 1.4 cable the hardware is rated that way not the cables and your sky box is only hdmi 1.1 if you seeing a 2d picture it's working its that simple , and then press sbs for 3d

Hdmi cables are rated standard or high speed any high speed cable will do 3d my 10m cable is 8 years old
  12. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    my 10 m cable must be faulty or too long then..or pj
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  13. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    Can you see a 2d picture from your sky box with out any problems ?

If it only mucks up when you press sbs its a faulty projector

Things change when your running a full 3d blu ray as it needs more bandwidth a cable that shows 2d might not do full hd 3d but this does not apply to sky
  14. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    its the pj thats knakered mate, i plugged a short hdmi straight from the sky box to the pj, i tried 3d, but it was the same, verticle interference type lines when i switched to sbs, the picture then, then came back, then dissapered again.. just as before.. so iv taken the pj down and boxed it up...phone projectorpoint monday to get it replaced.
    plus having that fan fault issue.. its a dud..
    cheers for all your help
    Rob :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  15. twinhead

twinhead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyway i can watch 3D content off of my HD33 via HDMI running on an average notebook? Can i watch the 3D enabled stuff off YouTube? Is there any sites that have 1080p trailers of 3D content? I'd really like to show the wife all these gadgets weren't a waste of money so if any of you know of a really great 3D clip, it would be greatly appreciated.
    :lease:

Thanks!
  16. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    when i got my faulty hd33 working for a short time, i watched a guy on youtube playing with a dollar bill, a big knife etc, it worked well, i just searched 3d and it came up top of the list

like i said in this thread, the one i have is faulty, going to phone shop about it when they open today, but i can tell you that the 3D is very good indeed..when it works.
    cheers rob
  17. stephenm

stephenm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just moved into a property that has a Da-Lite motorised screen. I am wishing to install a newer projector as the Sony fitted is old hat. I have narrowed it down to the Optoma HD23 and HD33. What is making my decision difficult is the conflicting information I am receiving regarding throw ratios from different AV suppliers/installers.

The screen has a width in the white area (from left to right) of 171 cm. The distance from the screen to the centre of the onmi-mount is 335 cm. My budget is £800 to £1200 and 3D is not a major deciding factor for me.

Any help would be gladly appreciated as I need to make a decision this week as the plasterers are due next week.

Regards

Stephen
  18. emporer

emporer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,612
    I'm back in the game!

Just ordered a new HD33 from projector point, they have them at £998 now, full UK units brand new from Optoma, that is a superb price.

Roll on Thursday!
  19. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    good stuff, :thumbsup:
    i just got one from taras at projector point, but is is faulty, ( it happens) but he has arranged pick up and delivery of a new one tomorrow, have to say, he has been good, il let you know how it goes.
    Rob
  20. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    What about your keystone problem ? Has it been fixed with an update ?
  21. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    what problem mate ?.. not that use keystone, took great efforts to get it square to the screen as possible...
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  22. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    There was a problem with screen ripping on 1080p 24 , emporer has his projector on a shelf and had to use a lot of keystone and the image ripped and at the time optoma did not have a fix so he sent his projector back

Its not a big issue as it doesent seem to of affected any other members , mine has the same fault but I don't use keystone so its ok
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  23. emporer

emporer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,612
    I still will have it on the shelf initially, I did get around the image issue by using overscan I think which cropped out about an inch or so of the image, no big loss but did annoy me at the time, but I think with this one i'm going to turn the shelf upside down so the actual shelf piece is hanging from 4 bits of threaded rod, then I will place the hd33 on this which will be about 8-10 inches lower than before which means I wont need to use keystone.

Apart from the keystone thing I found the hd33 to be stunning and nothing anywhere near it in the price range comes close to its performance.
  24. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    Can you let me know what firmware your new unit is on as I'm thinking about sending mine in as it was day of release unit , nothing wrong with mine I just like updates :)
  25. Rob127

Rob127 New Member

Ratings:
    +7
    il check tomorrow mate
    chhers rob
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  26. emporer

emporer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,612
    I'll check mine on Thursday when it arrives, I think the latest is still 04, I fully expect it to still suffer from the keystone issue as I believe the issue can't be fixed, but I'm aiming to install it so I don't need keystone correction.
  27. SkScotchegg

SkScotchegg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there people, had this projector a good few months now and still loving it but upto now I have been playing my bluerays through the PC and I'm now wanting to buy a dedicated blueray player, what players can you guys recommend with this projector?

Also do we have to buy glasses for the player too or can we use our current existing ones that came with the projector?

I'm basically wanting a player which has hdmi/opticle ports for sounds/picture and can do 2d-3d conversion and playback bluerays in 2d and 3d.

Cheers.
  28. toddy28

toddy28 Active Member

Ratings:
    +344
    Yes you use your existing glasses no player come with glasses or needs glasses , any 3d blu ray player will do and I wouldn't bother with 2d to 3d conversion as its just rubbish total waste of time

The Panasonic players are good and normally come with free films
  29. emporer

emporer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,612
    Come on Fedex, I hate waiting!
  30. emporer

emporer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,612
    The HD33 has landed, roll on 6pm then I can get home and rig the thing up.

Interestingly, it came with the new type of RF glasses, the ZF2100, they seem to be similar to the old ZD201 dlp link but with larger lenses, they are supposed to be brighter than previous ones so hopefully they should be good, although I did really like the older RF glasses, the big lenses was nice.