Optoma hd33 / hd300x owners thread - Part 3

I was really hoping to have my new sub before I watched this but I cant hold out till xmas , going for a bk xlls400

Total recall don't bother old one better why they remade it beyond me, way to flashy at the beginning too gf didn't like it said it was an hour too long. ted,spiderman,expendables,batman too watch think I will build my screen today I may post some photos when finished.

Total recall was way to serious , the expendables on the other hand is not ;)

I'm off to the ideal home Christmas show today so might get some new toys and demo some stuff :)

Back to the hd33 I'm thinking about getting it calibrated after Xmas anyone had there's done by a pro yet

Is it worth a full calibration as its hasn't got cms and I think calibration would be quite limited in what could be achieved compared to what it costs.

But it has got ifs modes day and night , and the Gray scale can get nailed down to reference levels

Just thinking about it , it makes me wonder if I can get more out of my projector

Rob built me screen it's a bit to big now but I will leave it for now as I may build another one any ideas what I can use for the black square border as black Velcro will cost me a small fortune?

Emporer What do you think of the speakers? Or should I save more for better ones?

If your spending more how about an amp with 2 hdmi outputs one for the TV one for the projector

And if you have the room go for full size speakers. ( bookshelf size)

They will give a lot better sound then small sat speakers

If you have the room then larger speakers is the way to go, I was demoing the monitor audio bronze range this week, bx5 fronts, bx1 rears etc, superb sound, really well balanced.

As for the amp, if you have 2 display devices then a twin hdmi output would be best, the yammys are great, i love mine.

Sorry to intrude guys but I have been looking to upgrade my amp but can't seem to find a choice of amps with two HDMI outputs. As this has just been raised here does anybody have any suggestions? And so as not to go too far off topic, I'm coming up to a year of HD33 ownership and am still loving it as much as day one. It has to be one of the best things I've ever purchased.

onkyo tx-nr515 £350 with 2 hdmi outputs just got my brother in law one and its a nice amp we payed £450 only 6 weeks ago :(

Total recall don't bother old one better why they remade it beyond me, way to flashy at the beginning too gf didn't like it said it was an hour too long. ted,spiderman,expendables,batman too watch think I will build my screen today I may post some photos when finished.

....but Jessica Beal and Kate Beckinsale are in it??!!!! I'd happily watch the pair of them peel potatoes for two hours!

i was going for the yamaha as it has airplay!

Wow rio 3d looks fantastic on this screen coming right out the screen don't think it did that much on the amber wall

Hi guys,

Quick run down of my current set up,

i have an onkyo 607 amp to which i connect the following inputs:

Sky HD - via HDMI
Popcorn Hour - via HDMI
Xbox 360 - via HDMI
WDTV - via HMDI

I have one output on the 607 so i switch between a HDMI that connects to the projector, and a HDMI which runs to my LCD tv

now.....

With the tv connected as an output, i get sound from all the inputs ie sky hd, popcorn hour, xbox 360

when i connector my projector the the output via HDMI, i only get sound from sky, i get no sound from the popcorn hour, xbox or WDTV? i get the picture still but just no sound

i really have no idea why it isnt working

any ideas guys?

Thanks

Is your amp set to pass through ? And are you using a switch or splitter

Also the 607 is not a 3d compatible amp it's ok for sbs stuff but its only got hdmi 1.3 so cannot pass a full 3d signal through

Is your sky connected via optical for 5.1 sound as that would explain why you only get sound from sky and not the other

I will try this amp setting thing mate, not sure how I'll find it on there though?

Also sky is connected via HDMI no optical

No switches or splitters

Although I do need a splitter as it getting on my nerves taking the tv hdmi out to plug in the projector hdmi

Best splitter to go for?

On a side note , you can only get stereo sound through hdmi on sky

You have to connect an optical cable to get 5.1 Dolby digital sound

Neet splitter on amazon around £20 will do the job , as for amp settings just go through the menu and have a play I'm sure you will find it

And you do know that you won't be able to play 3d games on your ps3 or watch blu rays in 3d as your amp won't passthrough the signal

On the onkyo amps 3d 1.4 hdmi came in on the 8 series so for example the 608 can do 3d

Last edited:
toddy28 said:
On a side note , you can only get stereo sound through hdmi on sky

You have to connect an optical cable to get 5.1 Dolby digital sound

Neet splitter on amazon around £20 will do the job , as for amp settings just go through the menu and have a play I'm sure you will find it

And you do know that you won't be able to play 3d games on your ps3 or watch blu rays in 3d as your amp won't passthrough the signal

On the onkyo amps 3d 1.4 hdmi came in on the 8 series so for example the 608 can do 3d

I'll buy the splitter today :)

I'll be looking to upgrade the amp pretty soon anyways so will bear this in mind, many thanks

This is the current setting on the amp, with this I get no sound from any of my devices (apart from sky) when I have the projector connected to the amp

Attachments

• image-1830526758.jpg
    image-1830526758.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 127
The HD33 has landed, roll on 6pm then I can get home and rig the thing up.

Interestingly, it came with the new type of RF glasses, the ZF2100, they seem to be similar to the old ZD201 dlp link but with larger lenses, they are supposed to be brighter than previous ones so hopefully they should be good, although I did really like the older RF glasses, the big lenses was nice.

Now you've had it for a couple of weeks mate, how are you finding the new glasses? I assume you don't have any old ones to compare. :)

VAMOS DAN said:
This is the current setting on the amp, with this I get no sound from any of my devices (apart from sky) when I have the projector connected to the amp

Ask in the amp section some one there might be able to help ,

museumsteve said:
Now you've had it for a couple of weeks mate, how are you finding the new glasses? I assume you don't have any old ones to compare. :)

I've got both sets running side by side and the new glasses have better colours and let more light through and there lighter , both sets are comfy to ware and perform about the same

I like the larger lenses on the old set and I would say if your after new glasses go for the new ones if you already have the old rf glasses its not worth the cost outlay to upgrade

When it comes to watching films I do go for the new set over the old and give the kids the others :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom