Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma GT750 owners thread

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by bazonix, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    I've got the same problem going to have another play about now I'll let you know if I get any results mate.
  2. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    im getting mine back hopefully tomorrow.. hope its ok. ordered the rf kit with extra glasses too...

guys: what inputs are we having problems with? iv read something about greyed out options on certain inputs... eg dvi/hdmi vs component..

the light spill: http://www.avforums.com/forums/projectors/749294-optoma-hd70-light-leakage-issue.html

or:
    HD65 Optoma Home Cinema Projector - General Performance

seems quite common on certain optoma pj's..may need a 'light mask' of some sort...

edit: have we checked through troubleshooting in manual too? http://www.optoma.co.uk/uploads/manuals/GT750-M-en-GB.pdf
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    bazonix, I dont thinks its like whats being described in your links - I think its more of a settings issue. The only way I can describe it is as if you made the video being played smaller - but still had the original size projecting onto the screen/wall, the parts outside the video just showing up as basic light, but on screen warnings show up in this border of light when surely they should be on the actual video area?.This would probably explain why I had to pull it back further than the calculator reccomended. If it is a setting though, for the life of me I cant find it!!!
  4. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    ok.. ill test mine out over the weekend... whats the input though? hdmi?
  5. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    When I initially turn on my pj the search banner is way off screen however once it picks up the input on hdmi 1 the banner is on the lower right maybe this is a pre set resolution on the pj until it picks up a source. My distance from screen to pj is about 2.2 - 2.3m. I have no light spill on either side my settings are edge mask 9, zoom -1, v image shift 19, keystone 0

Attached Files:

6. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Picture not great took on iPhone looks slanted but it's not
  7. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I actually noticed it in the middle of a movie being played through my mede8er the other night, but its the same when watching sky sports - the picture fits the screen almost perfectly (its a little lower on the bottom left side) but If I go to power the projector off, the "press off again" text appears below the right hand side of the screen on the wall leading me to think I'm not getting the maximised picture?
  8. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Maybe need to higher your projector If ceiling mounted or screen so the power off banner is at the bottom then adjust your zoom/screen drop accordingly to get your image fitting the screen. I'm new to projectors myself and by no means an expert. Just an idea for you to try
  9. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats the thing,I tried just about everything settings wise,still cant get ir right
  10. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    maybe higher your screen would be a good option? are you projecting 16:9? how far off is the power off banner from the right edge of the screen?
  11. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My ceiling mount is telescopic and tilt & swivel ,so dont need to move the screen. the "power off" text is appro 4 inches below the bar at the bottom of the screen,but when playing a movie or watching the tv the picture is bang on centre
  12. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Try tilting the projector till the power off banner is at the bottom right of the screen then fix in place then adjust your image to fit the screen or even maybe extending your screen down by 4 inch may work out
  13. matt-e

matt-e Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is your projector aspect ratio set to 16:10 instead of 16:9?

It's native resolution is 16:10 so it would need to be set to 16:9 in the options.
  14. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    just received my new pj with rf starter kit and spare set: excellent service provided from box ltd aka projector planet.. this one better work though! have a lazy sunday to test all out... id be gutted if this one isnt working but im an optimist lol! :D

interesting thing is the shop couldnt reproduce the initial fault, but found a further buzzing noise emanating from the fan area... they swapped it out anyhow, still not sure about the choice of courier though, he slammed mine down, yet again, on the floor this time. :facepalm:

ok, the rf glasses.. after the laughter of my work colleagues died down, they look pretty cool to me lol! men in black/the blues brother.. what eva lol! no beer belly here... :p the transmitter is tiny and comes with appropriate leads and even a sticky pad to adhere itself to the pj neatly... cannot wait to test out with my various sources! :smashin:

Attached Files:

15. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok, Ive been tinkering around with it, the texts only seem to come up below the screen when the hdmi signal hasn't been fully received, as soon as the hour glass symbol comes up the picture more or less fits the screen, but there is still a black border on all sides leading me to believe that it needs to go back even more - and i'm at about 8 feet now so the calculator was way off! The only thing I can see that might be affecting this is

1. the lens is more or less level with the top of the screen, the calculator says it should be 29cm above the screen

2 . The lens because it is on the left-side of the projector is not pointing at the exact centre as its mounted on the joist that runs along the centre on the roof, the centre of the screen is also at the centre of the joist.

Would this be why my picture is still a slight bit too small and shorter on one side?
  16. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Could you not use the zoom feature then use edge mask to bring any over spill in from the zoom? Also If your image is slightly off at the bottom could be your screen, I bought same as you I think and when it's fully up it looks like the left is slightly higher than the right even though my screen us perfectly level have contacted the seller he said to see if it rectifies itself after using it,if it doesn't they will replace once back in stock in 2 weeks.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  17. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Jason, the zoom doesnt make the picture bigger as in 110" to 120", it simply makes the picture bigger within the confines of the limits of the picte. The edge mask is out all the way also
  18. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Like you I had a lot of playing about to do and the throw distance is way off originally I think it said 1.9m for 120" im at 2.3m. I'm still plating about with picture settings at the moment. Maybe your best option is to move your projector slighty back I used the sky hd program guide as a guide to getting maximum picture
  19. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If im to keep it at the height it is I will definitley have to move it back a bit,im watching it now and there ia a 4 inch black border on the left and right side.I dont know if mounting it higher would make the picture bigger? maybe somebody more experienced can chime in,after all,we are bot novices!!!
  20. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    ill try to help asap, only had a little play this evening and its working at least.. nice picture, but i have a little problem and that is, the pj on a flat surface, gives a slanted picture??!! remedied by obvious means but not something id like to do if i was leaving it on the coffee table...hopefully ill be able to adjust the fittings on the mount, once ceiling mounted.. need to spray/paint the mount now though as im not happy with the colour match any more lol!!!!

ill have mine up properly by sunday evening... (sat-night recovery dependent... :devil:) and ill see what i can achieve... had a little play with setting etc, so ill hopefully be able to help u guys a little, although im on a (fast) learning curve too! :smashin:

the speakers seem half decent for games.. but avatar on bluray was missing dialogue i reckon... scene was busy though, the picture quality was more than acceptable and even with a few lights on at the bottom of my through lounge, the contrast etc was good... really surprised how nice and big the image is.. there was definitely something wrong with the returned pj. definitely. fan noise relatively unobtrusive too.. pj can get hot at front though, so little fingers should not be touching. roll on the weekend... :)
  21. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Any advice on picture settings when your set up would be great I'm noticing like a square blur on moving pictures when viewing sky hd is this normal
  22. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
  23. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Few pics of sky sports/ xbox

image-4215266433.jpg

image-303724440.jpg

image-3227331738.jpg
  24. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    have any of you guys had a play about with the colour gain etc
  25. Funky070

Funky070 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all, really interesting stuff. I am now considering the GT750 and was wondering what the diffrerence is bewteen the DLP glasses (included in the XL model) and the RF glasses?

A quick replay would be appreciated.

Cheers.
  26. cpmarvin

cpmarvin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, do the RF glasses have the option to display left eye image only. Something like DualView in CrystalEyes ?

Many thanks.
  27. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    id love to give an answer, as i have the rf glasses, but for the last few weeks iv been working approx 14hour days and i havent even installed the pj yet... talk about boys and their never used toys!! lol!! :D

maybe some one on the hd33 thread can give a quick and precise answer, i will update this thread as soon as im actually living in my house! :)
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  28. Pommychris

Pommychris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my projector today and after approx. 20min it started to produce a grinding sound. If I turned down the sound it would go away. The sound is mechanical and not a speaker sound.

Any suggestions?
  29. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Try looking at first page of this thread from a member called bazonix he had similar problem hope this helps
  30. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    yeah get it returned asap.. try another source first though, as the shop i bought mine from said no issues.. but i disagreed 100% (in a nice way!)

im in the process of installing mine finally... stripped the bedroom last night, pulled up wrong side of carpet, living in a 100yr old house, the bloody floorboards are the wrong way round lol and made of solid, unstaggered wood.. hmm... :D

second attempt tonight :rolleyes:

lol! its all fun.. :smashin: