Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma GT750 owners thread

Discussion in 'Projectors' started by bazonix, Sep 27, 2011.

1. markaimee

markaimee Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers Bazonix didnt realise about the converter box. Thnx again
  2. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Jason, the top housing for the screen is 116 inches at its widest, and the screen size vertically is 59 inches, although there is a sizable amount of black border at the top (approx. 2 feet) so you can bring the viewable portion of the screen as low as 7 feet from top to bottom , so the answer to your question I suppose would be 5 - 7 feet vertically, and anywhere in between using the stop button on the remote.
  3. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Thanks kingaaa as I understand the gt750 has to be pin point accurate when ceiling mounted, I know I have to have the pj 20cm above my viewing area will the 2ft black border at the top of the screen I've ordered aid me in anyway? My thought is if I'm not pin point accurate with the mounting I could manually adjust the black border up or down until the image is correct, hope this makes sense.
  4. bad robot

bad robot Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Mine arrived this morning at work.
    Have not tried it yet, comes with a cute bag (not the ruck sack type) its so small compared to other projectors I have owned.

Ive opened mine firstly to discover that:

A) The glasses are NOT the RF type but are the DLP Link 3D Ready ZD201 model. Part No.70.Z0301GC0E

B) Their is NO RF Transmitter

C) European 2 Pin Plug

So their seems to be some confusion as to what exactly the XL model should indeed ship with.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  5. markaimee

markaimee Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the GT750E is the US version with the RF emitter, The GT750XL are the UK ones with the DLP Link 3D Ready ZD201 glasses.
  6. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    well, i guess efficiency and politeness does not equal accuracte. i dont like being negative, but i was assured they were rf. i would have at least opened the box to physically check, being an actual supplier and all that... :thumbsdow

edit: mine came with both a 2 pin and 3 pin.. so im coming to the conclusion avpm selling grey imports if no uk plug present. may be not though...
  7. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Having just ordered the gt750xl from avpartsmaster this morning, I have just emailed Paul at avpartsmaster and he replied stating they are the rf ones product code E1AS300000002
  8. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    but has the box been opened to check? if one person has already received their xl, and they are dlp, strange how urs will be rf... :confused:
  9. bad robot

bad robot Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Dont get me wrong I was going to buy from a different dealer and get the ZD201s anyways. What annoys me is that certainly on my box it is very clear what glasses this model comes with. I was also told via the live chat from "Paul" the RF were included and tbh thats what I will be wanting.

I will contact him to have the glasses replaced to what I was told was included. Lets see how the customer service holds up. The website is not clear on what is included or the difference between the standard and XL models.

While the box does not indicate XL their is a product sticker that does indicate indeed it is the XL model.

Mine has French/English writing on the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Will see what is delivered and update from their I also will want the correct glasses I ordered. Very strange
  11. bad robot

bad robot Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Well Ive been assured the appropiate glasses & RF transmitter will be shipped direct from Optoma. The mistake seems to be on their part and Im not annoyed. Paul has been very helpful and its good to know that customer service still exists.

Keep you guys upto date.
    My PJ has been running for an hour and no funny noises. Just on a wall at a business so far from ideal to give a report on quality but seems to be working fine.
  12. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Good news will have to wait and see what I get delivered on Monday now!!!
  13. clarkEEE1

clarkEEE1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hiya everyone cant coment on the glasses because i only got the gt750 projector, ordering glasses seperatly but i can confirm the projector came with 2 plugs the 2 pin and the uk 3 pin, i have just ordered a screen so cant really comment and picture quality yet because i have only projected onto a dirty (ish) white wall, but the picture did look nice and bright and clear hooked up to sky sports news HD for a few minutes but i have not really had a proper play yet to set it up properly. but so far i am very pleased and surprised how light this thing is i have only messed for 5 minutes with it, i will come back to comment on 3d gaming on films etc in a few days time prob be monday when i get my screen and glasses delivered now.
  14. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    please do! mine is hopefully back at shop now, iv requested a refund as id like to get all this mess cleared up and buy one with the rf inc. wish optoma were a little more reliable in terms of physical stock available relative to model nomenclature and box contents.
  15. bad robot

bad robot Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Optoma have kindly contacted me via telephone.

The situation is that their has been a small mistake on Optoma's part.
    The 750GTXL ONLY ships with DLP Link glasses.

This is not a mistake on "Avpartsmaster" or indeed "Paul's" fault.
    Like many companies the goods are often shipped direct and are not held instock at the store you may be purchasing from.

The newer 1080P 3D model does ship with the RF Glasses and Transmitter.
    Some tech sites have reported that the 750GT would come with these as well. Instead it is only compatible with the RF glasses and for the 750GT will need to be purchased seperately.

Additionally you cannot have a mix of DLP and RF, you have to use multiple glasses of one type.

Hope it helps the confusion guys and Optoma are to ring me back later.
    They apologise for the confusion.
  16. bazonix

bazonix Active Member

Ratings:
    +256
    that is a little poor. i mean.. u now have dlp glasses, so its gonna cost what ever to furnish with rf.. and then sell the dlp?!! come on.. the tx is approx 50 quid... so really, its false economy to purchase anything but the vanilla model IF the rf system is wanted.

if they do kindly call back, could we clarify if a GT750'RF' will be announced please... :smashin:
  17. bad robot

bad robot Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Well to be fair the company was only going by the information they were given. For people that are happy with the DLP glasses the XL still gives you a good value package. Optoma have contacted me again.

Ive come to an arrangment that is more than acceptable and although this is the first time Ive used Avpartsmaster they have provided a good service and handled this promptly.

We read so often on forums of vendors doing great discounted prices but with little service. I have no complaints whatsoever.

The 750GT for those wanting RF Glasses should be purchased as the standard package not the XL. Then you can purchase the RF model glasses and transmitter seperate.

Thanks again to Paul, top bloke and Anna.
  18. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    I too have been speaking to avpartsmaster and they now say to resolve the situation they are selling the rf glasses at trade price for those mis informed. to be fair it's not down to them as it's poor information from optoma so personally i think Paul is doing a great job of trying to resolve this
  19. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Jason, that should work out fine for you as long as your sdistance is corroect.I found I had to have it further from the screen than the calculator advised - that may be a setting thing though.

Amazing picture by the way!
  20. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Here's a quick video of my first test playing Avatar from my Mede8er

21. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Looks good kingaaa looking forward to receiving mine now!!!
  22. Bwoodhouse

Bwoodhouse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a benq5120 which provides a 220cm diagonal picture from 350 cm from the screen, looking at the gt750 the projector only needs to be 150cm from the screen to provide me with a 220cm image however the projector will be sited on a coffee table and I am concerned that light from the back of the projector will be annoying (my seating is 350cm from the screen so will be 200cm from the projector). Can someone who already has a gt750 give me some idea of how much light escapes from the back of it?

Thanks
    Brendan
  23. clarkEEE1

clarkEEE1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hey brendon, there is no light escape from the back of the projector at all tba after a few minutes you forget the projector is in front of you i still need to do alot of playing around with the colour settings to get what i want not had time to do this yet as i work nights but i cant wait to have a proper play around on my days off, so far i have just watched a footy game on it and i am very impressed and happy with my purchase this is my first projector so cant compare to anything else. I have still not had chance to watch owlt in 3D or have a proper gaming session yet.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. bad robot

bad robot Active Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Ive only been able to have a quick test or two with mine with being busy. Unfortunately the room its going has pretty bad walls and I havnt got the screen here yet.

I would say that the performance is similar to Panasonics 720p previous AX models. It isnt as sharp for me on this test as my old Panasonic AE2000 was. This is my first DLP model though and I didnt notice any crosstalk on GT5. (only 3D game tried so far)

Really this is a gaming projector so those wanting the best movie quality and colour accuracy etc should consider the model up. What is great about this projector is the size of screen it produces (120" from 6 ft). Easy to setup and while I have not tested it properly I believe I will be mostly satisified with this.

I like the remote, carry bag and design of this cute little projector. Bulb costs also seem to be affordable. It is a little noisy on the high lamp mode and I think they missed a trick not having 2D-3D conversion as a feature. That Id of loved to try with non 3D games.

I expect this to be getting great reviews and value for money. Gamers and SKY Sports usage no doubt could be greatly enchanced by this purchase.
  25. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Received my screen and pj today had a quick look all seems ok had a look at sky hd and fairly impressed. Obviously need a play about with it to get what I want but out if the box is good. Has anyone played around with colour settings yet? Not had chance to set up speakers yet but have to say was surprised with the built in speakers very clear overall very happy with what I've seen so far
  26. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Also was wondering if I set my sky hd resolution to automatic will it set the display to 720p when the projector is started up at the moment it's set to 1080i for my 50" plasma saves changing it everytime. Thanks
  27. clarkEEE1

clarkEEE1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    hiya lads, am having problems with my image settings i had colour and tint options as well as contrast, brightness and sharpness but they have disapeared and i cant seem to get them back anybody no what i`m talking about or help me out.
  28. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Have you tried a reset you'll find it in the advanced options i think!
  29. kingaaa

kingaaa Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Lads, I need some help - its my first projector and Im totally in the dark! I have the picture about as good as I can get it, but there seems to be a border of light from the lamp that actually spills over onto the wall, even when I turn it off the warning telling me to press "off" again is outside the screen(below to the right), is this normal?
  30. Jay8135

Jay8135 Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Also are you having this problem when you have no input as I dont think you get the full menu unless you have a actual input to the projector