Onkyo TX-SR606 remote control codes

Rolling Sly

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get them from?

Obviously there is a remote control codes booklet but for some reason the Sky+ code doesn't work fully with my Sky+ box (coloured buttons don't work) neither do the Samsung TV codes work fully with my new Samsung LE46A656 46" LCD TV.

Any help appreciated :)

Not even a codes booket in mine so a link or file would help

Not even a codes booket in mine so a link or file would help
That sucks! Tell me what equipment you want codes for and I'll post some codes for you to play with :D

Would be nice if Onkyo had codes up on their site or something... Oh, wait! That would be far too sensible now wouldn't it! :thumbsdow

Can anyone help us???

Have u tried all the codes...obvious i no but has been known!
Anyone know where to get them from?

Obviously there is a remote control codes booklet but for some reason the Sky+ code doesn't work fully with my Sky+ box (coloured buttons don't work) neither do the Samsung TV codes work fully with my new Samsung LE46A656 46" LCD TV.

Any help appreciated :)

Have u tried all the codes...obvious i no but has been known!
Yeah I've tried every code... well every code for the specific piece of equipment and brand, ie. Samsung TV (for my Samsung LE46A656) and Sky+ (for my Sky+ surprisingly enough) :D

I wasn't too surprised that the TV didn't work properly as it is a brand new model but as for the Sky+, well I think it's SHOCKING that it doesn't work properly (none of the buttons act as coloured buttons as they should). Maybe it could be because I have an old Sky+ box? Typical, TV's too new and Sky'y too old! :(

GIVE US AN UPDATED BLOODY LIST, ONKYO!!! ON THE HURRY UP!!!

Sorry for asking a stupid question but it has been known. Bet u had finger ache after pressing all those codes!

I got my SKY HD box working pretty quickly, all except the coloured button, which it doesn't have and I can't seem to find.

This makes it almost pointless.

Doesn't seem to have the right codes for the 606?
I got my SKY HD box working pretty quickly, all except the coloured button, which it doesn't have and I can seem to find.

This makes it almost pointless.
Same as. It's supposed to work the coloured buttons too but simply doesn't. Rubbish!

It 'almost' works my TV too. All except the left arrow so navigating the menus is impossible. Again, pointless!

Doesn't seem to have the right codes for the 606?

Same as. It's supposed to work the coloured buttons too but simply doesn't. Rubbish!

It 'almost' works my TV too. All except the left arrow so navigating the menus is impossible. Again, pointless!

The code listed for the TSXR-506 are the codes for the new 606 & 576
They worked perfect for my samsung sat box/panny tv/Humax PVR9200T/Poineer dvdr. Only thing is that there is no record button on Onkyo remote.

I have a Sky HD box and have just setup the remote to control everything. Having the same problem with the coloured buttons not working, which as previously stated kind of makes it pointless.

Other than that, controls my TV and Panny BD30 perfectly.

The code listed for the TSXR-506 are the codes for the new 606 & 576
They worked perfect for my samsung sat box/panny tv/Humax PVR9200T/Poineer dvdr. Only thing is that there is no record button on Onkyo remote.
Oh yeah, so they are. Unfortunately they are the exact same codes I got with my 606 and do not seem to have any 'updated' codes. Onkyo really need to sort this out. The remote is useless without controlling coloured buttons for Sky+

Just to let you know, I have sent Onkyo an email asking if there is a solution or whether they can sort it in the future.
Not holding my breath for a response though

Is there a code for a V+ Box??? Got my EP35 & standard Tosh DVD player up and running but I want to control the Virgin Box also. Any ideas??

According to google, the manufacturer of the V+ box is Scientific Atlanta. In the supplied remote codes from Onkyo, there are two codes under cable/pvr combination, 00877 + 01877.

If these fail, try 00000, 00008, 00237, 00277.

Let us know if these work. Cheers.

is the 606 remote not a learning remote then?

No unfortunately not, has lots of pre-programmed codes built in. Its actually a very nice functional remote just cant do the 4 coloured buttons of sky which is annoying, despite the manual saying that it does.

Here is the response i got from Onkyo customer support:

'Thank you very much for your message and your interest in ONKYO products.
You have reached the support/help desk for ONKYO Europe.
The remote control of the receiver TX-SR 606 is pre programmed.
That means the commands for the different devices are stored in the remote
control.
To activate this stored controls you have to give in a specific code
number.
Unfortunately it's not possible to expand or to learn new commands into
the memory of the remote control.
Therefore we can not give an new code.'

No unfortunately not, has lots of pre-programmed codes built in. Its actually a very nice functional remote just cant do the 4 coloured buttons of sky which is annoying, despite the manual saying that it does.

Here is the response i got from Onkyo customer support:

'Thank you very much for your message and your interest in ONKYO products.
You have reached the support/help desk for ONKYO Europe.
The remote control of the receiver TX-SR 606 is pre programmed.
That means the commands for the different devices are stored in the remote
control.
To activate this stored controls you have to give in a specific code
number.
Unfortunately it's not possible to expand or to learn new commands into
the memory of the remote control.
Therefore we can not give an new code.'
Excellent! So we're never going to be able to control our Sky+ with it then, nor my Samsung LE46A656 TV. Looks like I'm going to have to live with my table covered in remotes then :thumbsdow Boo

hey disturber what code did u use for ure panny bd30 br player as i cant get any codes to work from the link above any help would be appreciated,i have got the codes for my sony hhd\dvd recorder and some functions for my sharp aquos tv but cant get panny code

cheers

SMIVS - the code for the bd30 and all Panasonic blu-ray players is 32903.

Works well, but here's a quick tip. There is no direct 'pop up menu' button, instead, if you press the prev ch/menu button you will have the option of top menu, pop up menu and tv aspect, you then use the directional pad to select what you want.

thx for ure help disturber worked a treat,ure a gentleman and a scholar.:thumbsup:

Such as shame about the Onkyo remote not having a record button or the coloured buttons! I'd swap it in a second for my trusty Harmony IMO if it had them as it's more intuitive to use and much more responsive. You don't really need the Activities if you're connected up via HDMI, you just press the button you want. I also miss being able to rename the inputs like I did on my old Sherwood.

Seconding my annoyance at the lack of coloured Sky+ buttons, would literally be able to use everything on my Onkyo (DVD, Sky, TV) if it wasn't for that. They've got the 4 audio preset buttons at the bottom that are completely unused too! Seems like madness why they didn't use them.

Excellent! So we're never going to be able to control our Sky+ with it then, nor my Samsung LE46A656 TV. Looks like I'm going to have to live with my table covered in remotes then :thumbsdow Boo
What can you not control on your Samsung LE46A656 ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom