Onkyo Main Firmware and DSP Updates

Mine's definitely going to have to go back. Blacks turn to dark green using the PS3 once the SR876 has been on for an hour or so. DVD still freezes. Menu contents become corrupt, refuses to use DVI and all too often refuses to up-convert from component. All this with main firmware 1.05.

Apart from that, after re-running the Audyssey calibration (8 times) with the sub turned down to the same level as the speakers (using test tone and SPL meter) beforehand, the sound seems a little 'tighter' and for what ever reason less loud. I can now understand how some people turn their amps up to -16 - -10 when watching movies.

Sounds like the Reon card is playing up:(, How hot is the amp running? not good in any case ..

also running Pcm you always have the volume higher than Bitstream .. mine around -18 never -10 that's Dam loud:D

Well...got back from work today and wife said there was a very big box for me today from the courier. My baby is bacK!!!! Just finished the set up mic etc and assigning all the inputs,putting it through its paces. No sign of any problems that I had last time.Also, the firmware has been updated and now reads...87 1.09/08Y19A if anybody is interested. Right I'm away to watch three weeks of films now:thumbsup:

Forgot to mention, it's an 875 I have.

firmware 1.09? can only find info on this for the 905, take it thats a new firmware then :confused:

Must be. Surprised myself when I seen it, but not complaining.:)

1.09 that is New :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what is contained within the 1.09 firmware update? I'm on 1.08 (although annoyingly I still can't persist my audio settings - a power off still wipes them) and I'm wondering whether the upgrade to 1.09 is worth the effort.

Cheers

I can try and find out. What is it you want me to check and I'll try and see what (if any) extras it has.

I'll try and take a look later. I went from 1.04 up to 1.09 so not sure about 1.08 but will see what is different over 1.04.

Does anyone know what is contained within the 1.09 firmware update? I'm on 1.08 (although annoyingly I still can't persist my audio settings - a power off still wipes them) and I'm wondering whether the upgrade to 1.09 is worth the effort.

Cheers

Sounds like a problem with Eprom chip :( worth a call to Genserve .

That's what happened to mine..eprom error. New board installed and 1.09 into the bargain:thumbsup:

I'll try and take a look later. I went from 1.04 up to 1.09 so not sure about 1.08 but will see what is different over 1.04.

Decided to have a go at upgrading anyway :) but having problems. I did my own upgrade from 1.04 to 1.08 previously. However using this update nr905_dtr8_8_mainfw_v1.09.zip the process hangs before the end.
The previous updates seem to have around 24000 'sectors' to update, whereas 1.09 has around 28000. The process fails around about 24000 mark in the same place each time.
Does this mean the update I'm attempting to apply isn't compatible with my 875?

Decided to have a go at upgrading anyway :) but having problems. I did my own upgrade from 1.04 to 1.08 previously. However using this update nr905_dtr8_8_mainfw_v1.09.zip the process hangs before the end.
The previous updates seem to have around 24000 'sectors' to update, whereas 1.09 has around 28000. The process fails around about 24000 mark in the same place each time.
Does this mean the update I'm attempting to apply isn't compatible with my 875?

you should of gone 1.04 , 1.07 then 1.08 (but this was released for the us market for Audyssey pro not uk but some use it fine here) do not go 1.04 to 1.08 ..

that 1.09 you used is for the onkyo 905 not 875 ..

you should of gone 1.04 , 1.07 then 1.08 (but this was released for the us market for Audyssey pro not uk but some use it fine here) do not go 1.04 to 1.08 ..

that 1.09 you used is for the onkyo 905 not 875 ..

Really? Hadn't realised that. The upgrade from 1.04 to 1.08 appeared successful apart from not being able to persist the settings. I guess this could be related. If I get a chance this weekend I will try that upgrade path.
What problems do you see going from 1.04 to 1.08?

Do you know where I can get 1.09 for the 875?

Cheers

Really? Hadn't realised that. The upgrade from 1.04 to 1.08 appeared successful apart from not being able to persist the settings. I guess this could be related. If I get a chance this weekend I will try that upgrade path.
What problems do you see going from 1.04 to 1.08?

Do you know where I can get 1.09 for the 875?

Cheers

going for 1.04 -1.08 your missing out on certain updates the latest does not have them all in , and like you say this can cause the save settings problem etc just hope you sort it ..

I went fro 1.04 to 1.07 and stayed as is :thumbsup:

only place in can think is request from Genserve or onkyo ..

going for 1.04 -1.08 your missing out on certain updates the latest does not have them all in , and like you say this can cause the save settings problem etc just hope you sort it ..

I had made the assumption that the updates were cumulative. Thanks for heads up!

I had made the assumption that the updates were cumulative. Thanks for heads up!

Thought the Same here mate, but to many problems happened due to jumping a firmware..

Any idea where I could download the 1.07 firmware from? The only link I've found has had the file deleted due to inactivity
RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

i have an SR606 and it is showing as having "Main1.03/08630A".
is this the latest version for my model ?

also, when i try to to the "store settings" procedure, i get "store failed".
it doesn't ask me if i want to store them, just straight to "store failed".

Last edited:
i have an SR606 and it is showing as having "Main1.03/08630A".
is this the latest version for my model ?

also, when i try to to the "store settings" procedure, i get "store failed".
it doesn't ask me if i want to store them, just straight to "store failed".

Not sure on the firmware i.e latest you could ask "Who has latest in the 606 thead ,, or give Genserve a ring

GenServe (GTS) Limited
11 Caen View
Rushy Platt
Swindon
SN5 8WQ
Tel: +44 (0) 1793 886 333
Fax: +44 (0) 1793 886 323
[email protected]

Also the Store Issue could be a problem with the Eprom Chip :( Have you tried a Hardware reset of the 606 , this info on doing this will be in the Manual in tech section (rear)..

i've not done a hardware reset (assuming that is unplugging it for 5 seconds and reconnecting).
i've done a factory restore of the settings (VCR and standby).

the amp is only a few months old, so i hope its not an eprom failure.

Last edited:
i sent genserve an email, but not had any response as yet.

Has any info been found yet on the updates contained in the 1.09 firmware for the 875? I have a 875, and have HDMI inter-op issues between a Humax Freesat Foxsat HDR and a Hitachi 42PD5100. With all my other/previous HD HDMI sources, I've been able to operate the 875 in "video pass through" mode with no video processing / scaling. The HDR however won't see the 42PD5100 as a valid 1080i device when connected via the 875 in this mode. Connected direct to the 42PD5100 it works fine. As a work around I'm having to use the video processing in the 875, to act as a buffer. Hence, I'm wondering if the 1.09 firmware includes any HDMI inter-op fixes???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom