1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onkyo HT-R380 and PS3 problems

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by Jonners181, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Jonners181

Jonners181 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Ever since i got my Onkyo receiver i have had problems running my PS3 through it - the screen flickers and sometimes disappears altogether.

Now i can't get a the PS3 to work through the amp altogether!

I have Sky HD running through the amp and that works fine. The HDMI lead i have connecting my PS3 to the amp works fine when connecting straight into the TV.

Anyone any idea what the problem may be?

Any help much appreciated!!
  2. Gunner63

Gunner63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jonners181

My kids were complaining of same problem. We seem to have tried the same remedies! I swapped the HDMI cable for a high spec gold plated Duronic lead that was working fine between my SKY HD box and the ONKYO HT-R380 but there was no improvement. I then bypassed the ONKYO and went straight from the PS3 to a spare HDMI port on the TV - picture perfect but of course no surround sound. It would appear that the PS3 and the ONKYO don't get on!

If you get a proper solution - please post it.
  3. TT26

TT26 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, im trying to get all my 5 speakers working through Dolby Digital with my Sky HD box connected to my HT-R380 but only 3 of them are working - left , right and sub woofer.

I found out that HDMI FROM SKY HD BOX only allows stereo , so i have removed the HDMI from the equation and my Sky box is connected directly to my projector via HDMI. I have now connected a digital output cable directly from my ONKYO HT_R380 to my sky HD box , made sure sky hd is set for digital output and dolby and now i have a red light on my onkyo confirming that it detects Dolby Digital!! First time i've seen this light indicating DOLBY is present, but yet sound still comes through 3 speakers, left , right and subwoofer!! Leaving the centre and back rear surround speakers redundant!!

Any ideas, maybe i have a duff Onkyo? I tried another Sky HD box and same results - Can anyone please advise if you have the same setup and if all your 5 speakers work with Sky HD?
  4. Gunner63

Gunner63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TT26

I have my Sky+ HD box connected to the HT-R380 by HDMI and it works fine. However, I initially had problems with the HDMI cable provided by Sky, so I binned it and used a Duronic Goldspec cable, reasonably priced on Amazon. Instant improvement! Also, check out that you have not inadvertently connected any speakers to the Speakers B connections at the back and that Speakers B are switched to off on the front as this will reduce you to 3 speakers (see top of page 10 of the manual).
  5. eldridgetm

eldridgetm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone come up with a solution to the video problem with PS3? It does "flick" off and back on quite often when running Hulu and Netflix, but I didn't notice it when watching movies or playing PS3 games.

Ideas???
  6. tekla

tekla Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I had the same problem. I tried other cables but no change. This is definitely a problem with the reciver, because when I changed it to the TX-SR608 problem disappeared.