Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oneinthehedge - an Amazon seller

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by AuldReekie39, Sep 16, 2011.

1. AuldReekie39

AuldReekie39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has any one bought microsoft office software from oneinthehedge - an Amazon seller? If so what was your experience?
  2. LJx

LJx Active Member

Ratings:
    +369
    That person has never sold an item on amazon before, becareful on there alot of products are counterfeit on amazon especially Windows etc.
  3. MarkE19

MarkE19 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,064
    Amazon - Office Pro 2007
    oneinthehedge price £60
    nearest price to that seller £160

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is :rolleyes:
    Best avoided IMO

Mark.
  4. AuldReekie39

AuldReekie39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both. I am suprised that Amazon use independent sellers rather than sell directly from their stock. Thus are they just a sophisticated 'e.bay'? I did order this software assuming it was directly from Amazon only to find that it from 'oneinthehedge' a seller with no previous history with Amazon. I tried to cancel the order within 1 hour only to discover that I could not and was directed to e:mail the seller to try and cancel and get my money back from them - Amazon were not taking responsibility it would seem. So far no response from the seller. I called Amazon who assured me that they will underwrite the cost whatever that means. It poses the question: - What is the Amazon vetting procedure for new sellers? I will keep you posted on the outcome. I have learned a lesson today - if it is too good to be true, it probably is not true and also, check the Amazon seller history BEFORE placing an order. :mad:
  5. LJx

LJx Active Member

Ratings:
    +369
    It could well be someone who has a spare copy seeing as it is an old version. My dad sells stuff on amazon, he uses it exactly like ebay to sell old books etc so it may well be legitimate
  6. AuldReekie39

AuldReekie39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oneinthehedge has 8 copies listed for sale as new.
  7. dc8900

dc8900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,469
    No, that analogy doesn't quite work, Amazon do sell their own stock but they allow merchants to use their channel for sales, those sellers are known as marketplace sellers. When buying check who the merchant is or on the right click on the option to see all other prices an from there you can select to buy direct from Amazon.