1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympic tickets

Discussion in 'Sport' started by audioenthusiast, Jun 17, 2011.

1. audioenthusiast

audioenthusiast Active Member

Ratings:
    +552
    So I just got an email confirming that I have got Olympic tickets (which I already kinda knew because the money went from my account). I'll find out exactly what by the 24th.

I applied for a pair of tickets for various sessions of rowing and boxing, and the opening and closing ceremonies. I've got ONE pair of tickets for one of the sport!

An interesting statistic, the email says that there were "1.9 million people applying for 20 million tickets". So the population averaged over 10 tickets per applicant? Surely that means a lot will coming up for sale.

I really hope that there are measures in place to stop people from profiting on ticket sales, I hate it when that happens for something like this.

I guess that this forum would support sales in the classifieds at face value? Keep them in the community rather than going through the main Olympic reselling process, which I imagine would lengthen the odds of getting what you want.

EDIT: I'm surprised there aren't already a couple of Olympic ticket threads, but I can't see any
  2. kav

kav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,282
  3. audioenthusiast

Ratings:
    +552
    Ah yes. I wonder why that didn't get picked up by the thing that finds similar thread titles!

EDIT: Looking properly now with both eyes and my full brain, it's probably because it's titled 'London 2012' not 'Olympics'.
  4. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,148
    I'm not trying to put anyone off selling them here at face value, because it would be wonderful if people did, but isn't the point that they have your name on them precisely to stop people selling them on (whether at a profit or face value), so the only way to sell them on is to send them back... ?
  5. audioenthusiast

Ratings:
    +552
    Oh is that how they're working? Ticket applicant has to be with the party?

Still, I applied for all of mine in pairs without sorting out somebody to go with me, in the confidence that I'd find somebody. Maybe other people have done similar, or even applied for tickets in fours?!
  6. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,148
    I don't know at all, I just heard there were mechanisms in place to stop people selling them on, which may or may not be named tickets... Just thought I'd mention it so people could look into it if necessary...
  7. sleaver

sleaver Member

Ratings:
    +166
    eBay aren't allowing people to sell tickets.