Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Panasonic 2010 UK HDTV Product information & pricing thread - part 2

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Phil Hinton, Feb 15, 2010.

1. golden phoenix

golden phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,380
    im really interested in a 3d telly, but ironically the reason i am interested in this telly is because of its (alledged 2D performance) from some basic remarks made by TLC broadcast on a quick performance look...i have been after a telly that can rival the king - kuro 500 A..im really looking forward to a comparison...but i have decided to wait until the price comes down before i purchase.

also in some good news..Liverpool is to get a best buy store, which i have heard in america have cut the cost of the VT20 recently..failing that..a purchase down the line at John Lewis via a price match probably would be a good bet to get a good deal..

shame about the lack of content, im hoping my currently denon can handle the necessary signals from amp to telly...i do have passthrough on this, so i think i will be ok..dont want to buy a new telly, amp and bluray player!..i aint rich you know!

anyway just thought id throw in a few thoughts as we havent had a post for a few days...
  2. ertoil

ertoil Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Some day we will know the 3D lies about visual health !
    like today we know ( now that there are no more CCFL)
    LCD screens are damaging our retine
  3. rewerb

rewerb Active Member

Ratings:
    +661
    Best Buy exclusively sell the VT20 in the USA (no competition so they set the price). This was the first 3D TV available in the US. The VT25 in the US (same as our VT20) is just coming out, and is a better spec,. is sold by all the dealers.
  4. sabre2

sabre2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Any evidence that this is happening anywhere? Does it normally take a while to translate to Amazon (say) prices?

John
  5. golden phoenix

golden phoenix Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,380
    yeah like mobile phones damaging our brains!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. martind69

martind69 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Hi alsina, has there been any official Panasonic press releases concerning the above information? Struggling to find any.

Thanks

Martin
  7. Neilypeel

Neilypeel Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm interested in the 37G20. Any word on cheapest price?
    Also, it seems it was included in this promotion (from Panasonic website):

"(3) VIERA and Blu-ray Recorder Promotion Period 1st May – 30th June 2010

1. Buy any model of the below listed Panasonic Blu-ray Recorders together with any model of the below listed VIERA TVs from one of the Participating Retailers to qualify for up to £300 cash back.

2. Offer available upon purchase of one of the following qualifying Panasonic VIERA TV and Blu-ray Players packages –

Plasma TV Offers
    - Save £300 when you buy either TX-P42S20/TX-P46S20/TX-P42G20/TX-P46S20/TX-P50S20/TX-P50G20 with either DMR-BS750/DMR-BS850

LCD/LED TV Offers
    - Save £300 when you buy either TX-L37G20/TX-L37D25/TX-L42D25 with either DMR-BS750/DMR-BS850

3.This promotion is offered via Participating Retailers only, please visit Dealer Locator for a full list of our Participating Retailers.

4. Only purchases made in-store and at the time of demonstration qualify.

5. Panasonic UK reserve the right to amend, extend or withdraw this promotion at any time.

6. Any personal information supplied by you will be used by Panasonic solely in the in the administration of this promotion.

7. There is no credit alternative to this offer."

Anyone know which, if any retailers are still offering this. I was planning to get the Blu-ray recorder later this year anyhow, but if I could save £300 now then that would be a cool bargain!
  8. badbob21

badbob21 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Can anyone recommend any good Panasonic dealers in central or southeast London?

Thanks
  9. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton Editor Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,358
  10. Confusionking

Confusionking Member

Ratings:
    +21
  11. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +667
    I read that it can be calibrated, but is a lot more awkward due to the menu.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Confusionking

Confusionking Member

Ratings:
    +21
    As long as it can be calibrated then that is great.

Thank you, Jazz :smashin:
  13. Lewisrichard

Lewisrichard Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey all,

I got myself a Panny TX-P46S20B plasma the other day, really pleased with it.
    but finding it a pain to set up the screen, could someone post their calibration settings please or link to a post with some :)

cheers!
  14. johnmistar

johnmistar Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Anyone heard anything about the IFA 2010 line-up from Panasonic.

There should be a 42" VT20 and maybe a model called ZT20? But what is the latter and what else can we expect?
  15. 9izmo

9izmo Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Well from what I've heard there will definitly be announcing a 42VT20 and 46VT20 (although not sure if 46" version will come to UK?) these two sizes will complement the existing 50VT20 and 65VT20 however these new models will have additional feature 2D to 3D converstion similar to Samsung 3D Tv's.

There is rumour they will be anouncing Z1 replacement which could be called ZT20? this model will have all the features of the current VT20 however it's been rumoured that it will have a slightly better AR filter which could mean even deeper blacks then VT20, will also have improved video processors/scalers in essence it will have more Kuro tech and it will be 8.8mm/half inch thick with a possible stealth black metal finish!:clap:

This model will be a good indicator for 2011 models!
  16. MarkB2908

MarkB2908 Member

Ratings:
    +4

The ZT20 sounds exciting. Where did you get the rumour from ?
  17. tele1962

tele1962 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,061
    I was wondering that also.:confused:
  18. 9izmo

9izmo Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I have it from a reliable source who has close contact within Panasonic, he is usually right.

Anyhow after 5 years in IT corporate Sales, I will be coming back into this industry that I have the most passion for and soon will be making close contacts with a few in the know at Panasonic so will be able to have further concrete details on these upcoming models!
  19. KingBaka

KingBaka Member

Ratings:
    +54
    If this is the case then all those owners who have purchased a 50VT20 will want there machines upgraded to allow 2D - 3D conversion. I for sure will want it done.
  20. 9izmo

9izmo Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Well to be honest from what I've heard the Pana 2D - 3D conversion is not that great again it's very similar to the Samsung's IMHO it's more of a gimmick, so it's not a deal breaker!
  21. KingBaka

KingBaka Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Even so they had plenty of time to implement the feature before releasing the VT20 in the UK for them to turn around and put it in a smaller screen a couple of months down the line, would be a kick in the teeth.
  22. johnmistar

johnmistar Member

Ratings:
    +16
  23. MarkB2908

MarkB2908 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Looks as though there will only be a 50inch version. Shame.
    Also, could the introduction of this new model explain the recent price fall in the 46inch Z1 ?
  24. johnmistar

johnmistar Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Anything concrete yet? :)
  25. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but it seemed kind of related, I was just wondering if there is any news and possible release dates for the 2011 model LED TV's.

It does seem the first thread is one year bar two weeks old so does this mean the 2011 models may be coming in the next fortnight?

(if this is the wrong topic to bump could it be moved to a more appropriate one please).

Edit: just noticed this is the plasma section - I found the topic from a google search for LED TVs
  26. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +667
    The is a panasonic 2011 thread on here as the new models will be out soon

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. davidg_croydon

davidg_croydon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the LX-37D25BA from Costco today, it was a Clearance item for £305 inc VAT. Very pleased with it, but I can't seem to get BBC iPlayer on it. I've plugged in the ariel and can get Freeview and the Freeview HD channels. It's connected to he Internet and I can watch avi files off my NAS drive. It updated to the latest software via the Internet, so I know the network connection is working. I've gone into Viera Cast and can see YouTube and various other widget type things but no BBC iPlayer! How do ou enable it? Thanks
  28. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,410
    Best to post in the LCD forum for advice on that.
  29. MAX1210

MAX1210 Active Member

Ratings:
    +798
    With that series of TV you need to have a satellite dish connected to the TV to get Freesat - then, on a BBC channel (on Freesat) press the red button and BBC iPlayer comes up as an option through the BBCi (new teletext) service - hope that helps.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1