OEM dvd drive?

hbriggs7

Novice Member
Reaction score
in general what do you get with an OEM dvd drive?

Will i have to use my own sata cables?

Thanks in advance

you don't get cables but you get the drive and probably nero disc too

The drive on its own and sometimes software like a basic version of Nero. No cables, though. I can't remember about screws - I don't think you usually get them.

Every time I've bought an OEM optical drive I've got just the bare drive, no box, manual or screws - and only sometimes have I got any software such as Nero.

Mark.

well im putting together an order for a new build and was wondering weather ill need to buy anything else apart from the main hardware. also whats a nero disc?

well im putting together an order for a new build and was wondering weather ill need to buy anything else apart from the main hardware. also whats a nero disc?
Nero's just a program for CD/DVD ripping, burning, etc.

Chances are you won't get a selection of front colours.

But Windows 7 can do most, if not all of what the free version of Nero can. Or if not then there are plenty of other free programs that can such as IMGBurn or CDBurnerXP - I previously used Nero free but now just use these 2 programs for burning discs.

Mark.

just briefly looking at sata cables what length should i buy for a mid tower case? as i don't want it to be too long a look untidy

just briefly looking at sata cables what length should i buy for a mid tower case? as i don't want it to be too long a look untidy
30cm is usually more than enough I find, so I'd possibly go with one that's a bit less. Everyone's setup will vary though - I have 6 SATA devices and my case is a large example of a mid tower.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom