Noah (2014)

Fire breathing dragons?! Count me in! ;-)

Im just a little annoyed that some people may take this film as fact or based on fact. Who is going to portray God in this? ;-)

If Python were doing it I would love it. Mind you, there would be uproar no doubt...

Actually, in this day and age, there's more of an uproar that satirical groups like Python are not doing this ;)

Fire breathing dragons?! Count me in! ;-)

Im just a little annoyed that some people may take this film as fact or based on fact. Who is going to portray God in this? ;-)
Liam Neeson? He's been Zeus.

If Charlton Heston had hang around for a few more years, it would have been him! He actually did play God too in a Paul Hogan film for which I have forgotten the name now.

I believe the Hollywood rule is that Morgan Freeman gets first offer on any role as god or the the US president.

Yeah forgot that...its a given really - certainly the voice of God if nothing else.

Yeah forgot that...its a given really - certainly the voice of God if nothing else.

Voice over it seem is his specialty he's done it " Morethan " once ;)

Angel without wings?

Close, I looked it up on IMDB, it was called Almost an Angel. It starred Hogan and his wife again but this was a much more gentler film than the their crocodile dundees. I think it died at the box office and I dont think it was well known but it was a lovely enough film, I enjoyed it...although it only rates 51% on RT but I think its because people were expecting a Dundee style comedy which it wasnt. Heston only had a cameo hence his non-billing on IMDB. It was fitting though, having gone through the prophet stages, he was then promoted to playing God :)

I believe the Hollywood rule is that Morgan Freeman gets first offer on any role as god or the the US president.

Certainly seems that way but for this movie, naa, not Morgan Freeman, he has a voice of righteousness.

There is only person who should be the voice of the Lord in this genocide movie and that's Samuel Jackson! Only he can lay his vengeance upon them with furious anger :)

The scene that cracked me up is when Ellen Burstyn, bug eyed with overacting, gets chased around her kitchen by her fridge. Because that's what happens when you take speed, kids. Totally agree, never understood why so many people take this film seriously, it's pitched at the same level of hysteria as Reefer Madness is.

I know of a person who completely lost the plot on that stuff and ended up in the nuthouse for months.
I took 1 gram at south west 4 and on the come down, I thought all sorts of crazy shit was happening. I was paranoid as fudge lol.
From personal experience, I could well imagine someone could imagine a fridge chasing them.

P.s Requiem for a dream rocks

Last edited:
I know of a person who completely lost the plot on that stuff and ended up in the nuthouse for months.
I took 1 gram at south west 4 and thought all sorts of crazy **** was happening. I was paranoid as **** lol.
From personal experience, I could well imagine someone could imagine a fridge chasing them.

P.s Requiem for a dream rocks

Lightweights !

Lightweights !

Yeah you try injecting 2 gram a day for 6 month and watch your brain fry

It is without doubt the worst recreational drug I've tried and I've tried them all bar heroin. The buzz is crap and the come down lasts 2 days

Yeah you try injecting 2 gram a day for 6 month and watch your brain fry

It is without doubt the worst recreational drug I've tried and I've tried them all bar heroin. The buzz is crap and the comedown last for 2 days

OK, that's dedication. I take it all back. We were all doing speed in the 80s, but I never took it that far.

Yep exactly. The women in this movie was also addicted and taking it daily for a prolonged period. That'll mess anyone up

Yep exactly. The women in this movie was also addicted and taking it daily for a prolonged period. That'll mess anyone up
I meant I take back that I called you a lightweight, not my dislike Requiem for a Dream. I still find the film hyperbolic and it mainly uses drug addiction as a calling card for the director's style. The film didn't move or shock me as people claim and it didn't line up with my own experiences with drugs and addiction (friends and family affected), which is a little more complex than what we got here.

Last edited:
I still find the film hyperbolic and it mainly uses drug addiction as a calling card for the director's style. The film didn't move or shock me as people claim and it didn't line up with my own experiences with drugs an addiction (friends and family affected), which is a little more complex than what we got here.

Yeah it didn't shock or move me either, but then again I'd seen what happens in that movie in real life. I thought it portrayed the phet abuse and its effects pretty accurately though.

What I suffered on my comedown was just mild paranoia, but I knew it was paranoia and not real. The problem with daily use of it is, you lose sight of the fact it's paranoia and they become delusions. Google amphetamine psychosis and read about it, it's pretty well documented.

Yeah it didn't shock or move me either, but then again I'd seen what happens in that movie in real life. I thought it portrayed the phet abuse and its effects pretty accurately though.

What I suffered on my comedown was just mild paranoia, but I knew it was paranoia and not real. The problem with daily use of it is, you lose sight of the fact it's paranoia and they become delusions. Google amphetamine psychosis and read about it, it's pretty well documented.

I'm not disputing the facts of amphetamine psychosis, but the way Aronofsky chose to depict it in the film, complete with an OTT performance by Ellen Burstyn who in her old age has become an unbearable hammy actress and who would have done Bette Davis in her 60s Baby Jane period proud. It was supposed to be disturbing but I thought it was rather camp.

International Trailer

Looks like it could be fun, but I think I will still prefer Evan Almighty to this! :) And I know that Morgan Freeman IS GOD!

I find Requiem ostentatious in its style. The film is also melodramatic with poorly defined characters, save for Sara, perhaps.

I find Requiem ostentatious in its style. The film is also melodramatic with poorly defined characters, save for Sara, perhaps.

This post I find quite ironic.

I think you guys overanalyse stuff, I hate professional movie reviews for the same reason. Reading stuff like "poorly defined characters" (whatever that means) actually makes me want to vomit.

When I watch movie, if it entertains me, I like it. If it doesn't, I don't. There's really not much more to it as far as I'm concerned.

This post I find quite ironic.

I think you guys overanalyse stuff, I hate professional movie reviews for the same reason. Reading stuff like "poorly defined characters" (whatever that means) actually makes me want to vomit.

When I watch movie, if it entertains me, I like it. If it doesn't, I don't. There's really not much more to it as far as I'm concerned.

How is complaining about poor characterisation "overanalysing" ? It's one of the basics of any fiction and if that doesn't work for the viewer then it's difficult to emphasise with what's going on on the screen. And no need to add niceties like "makes me want to vomit" if someone posts an articulate response on a forum where people happen to discuss films. If it bothers you so much, stay away from anything that discusses entertainment and art and go do another speedball instead. And while you're at it, get a handle on the use of the word "ironic" because in the great tradition of Alanis Morissette you seem to have no idea how to apply it. Oh no hold on, your brain is fried...

How is complaining about poor characterisation "overanalysing" ? It's one of the basics of any fiction and if that doesn't work for the viewer then it's difficult to emphasise with what's going on on the screen. And no need to add niceties like "makes me want to vomit" if someone posts an articulate response on a forum where people happen to discuss films. If it bothers you so much, stay away from anything that discusses entertainment and art and go do another speedball instead. And while you're at it, get a handle on the use of the word "ironic" because in the great tradition of Alanis Morissette you seem to have no idea how to apply it. Oh no hold on, your brain is fried...

I don't understand irony? He made, IMO, a slightly ostentatious/pretentious post, that was intended to knock a movie, for being the very same thing. That's irony in anyone's book.

P.s I haven't touched drugs for over 10 years and my brain isn't fried! I had the sense to stay away from stuff that actually fries brains

Last edited:
I don't understand irony? He made, IMO, a slightly ostentatious/pretentious post, that was intended to knock a movie, for being the very same thing. That's irony in anyone's book.

P.s I haven't touched drugs for over 10 years and my brain isn't fried! I had the sense to stay away from stuff that actually fries brains

I agree. Thought it was intentional though!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom