1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissan micra remote control problem

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by markymark34, Jul 7, 2006.

1. markymark34

markymark34 Active Member

Ratings:
    +205
    My girlfriend has a 99 micra which was off the road for a while. Its running now but the remote central locking has stopped working. Ive replaced the battery but still no luck.

Is there a way of re-initialising it like with a vw?

cheers
  2. riget

riget Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    There's a bit more to it than most, but here it is,

Switch ignition on and off 6 times in 10 seconds
    Leave key in ignition
    After 2 seconds indicators will flash twice
    Press and hold unlock button
    Press lock button 3 times
    Release unlock button
    Indicators will flash to confirm
    Switch ignition on
    Indicators flash twice

Job done, check remote works.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Drd

Drd Member

Ratings:
    +187
    I'm amazed that markymark34 couldn't work that one out for himself.Some people are just no use whatsoever are they?:D
  4. markymark34

Ratings:
    +205
    yeah i feel pretty embarressed really for not knowing it!

excellent work! and to think that a post on AV forums gets me an answer quicker than a post on a micra forum!

:clap: :clap:
  5. Mr Cat

Mr Cat New Member

Ratings:
    +65
    yeah, I bought my primera and the key fob I had didn't work - so I bought another from e-bay and it came with these instructions (maybe slightly different, but can't remember off the top of my head) - but it worked anyway... :thumbsup:
  6. T.W.

T.W. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help (please)!

I did this (yesterday) to fix my Micra's non-working remote after fitting a new battery to the fob:

Leave key in ignition
    Release unlock button
    Switch ignition on
    Indicators flash twice

And it worked great (thanks for posting) . . . . but . . . . I then went-on to try re-programming my spare fob using the same procedure, at the end of which neither fob will work

I've tried dozens of times to get just one of the fobs working since then, but I fail every time (I never see the single flash which confirms that the re-programming has worked)

I'm guessing that I've screwed things up by attempting to re-program my spare fob (and I've since seen how I can do this . . . . but again, it doesn't work)

So, having accepted that I really have screwed-up the system: Does anyone know how I can "re-set the system" in order to get into a situation where this procedure will work?

Thanks in advance

Tony
  7. Ayub

Ayub Active Member

Ratings:
    +548
    there are some real nuts on these forums cough cough :devil::smashin::rotfl::rotfl:
  8. Ayub

Ayub Active Member

Ratings:
    +548
    NISSAN Micra Key Remote Control Programming

The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.

A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.

Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.

read this till you understand it.
  9. Ayub

Ayub Active Member

Ratings:
    +548

remove + terminal off battery for 30 seconds
  10. amanda01

amanda01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, can anyone help:lease:

ive got a nissan micra 1998, and when i brought the car it came with the remote, i tried to program it in the same way as said in this forum, and it didnt work, so i got new batteries which didnt help. after switching the ignition on and off 6 times the indicators flashed-
    but they did not flash after following the remaining steps, does anyone know if it could be because the key is broke, or theres too many programmed in? the central locking works with the key. or maybe how to unprograme any that may be installed and start fresh? cheers :)
  11. markymark34

Ratings:
    +205
    I started this thread 2 years ago!
    The above method definatley works it will wipe the remote and re install if that makes sense. If you have followed the above accurately then the remote might be broken, you could have a look on ebay? probably not worth your while going to nissan.
  12. amanda01

amanda01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    2 years ago?! was just looking around different forums, havent tried this before, so thought id sign up and give it a go, yea i tried all the above- and disconnected the batery- think ill follow your advice and look on E-bay! thanks :)
  13. noodleknacker

noodleknacker Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does this method work with newer micra's?. Ive got a micra (2006) & unfortunately I purchased it with only one key/fob. Ive got a fob off e-bay actually :) ha, but will this method reset this other fob for me so I can use it for my car. I've been looking for info on how to do this & I cant find a thing???? Any advice would be great! Im just worried that I could mess the other original fob up then I am stuck as this is the only key I have! Thanx!
  14. hs04avp

hs04avp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I just bought a Nissan Micra Activ (2001) and both key fobs are broken. Shortly after I bought the car I had it serviced and asked what I could do about the fobs.
    I was told the buttons inside the remotes were broken and it would cost about 70 quid to repair each fob.
    I mentioned some of the things I'd read on here about buying fobs off ebay and was told there are 3 different types and no way of knowing which would be the right one for my car.

I really want to be able to use my remote central locking, can someone help me in terms of locating the right key fob on ebay for my car? I don't want to buy one that doesn't work!

Many thanks!
  15. markymark34

Ratings:
    +205
    I would give your local nissan garage a phone call and get some advice.
    They might be able to help you out, ebay option would obviously be very cheap. How on earth did the buttons get broken? when i started this thread my girlfriends car had 108k on it and only had 1 remote, i though the buttons are virtually indistructible
  16. hs04avp

hs04avp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No idea, I only just bought it and both remotes are broken.

I've already asked my local nissan garage when I took the car in for the service, they had no idea!
  17. markymark34

Ratings:
    +205
    I would phone a bigger nissan garage, someone will know, ask to speak to the service manager. Its not exactly a big job so you will get to the bottom of this.
  18. john25f

john25f Member

Ratings:
    +0
    help can get to the stage where it say that the indicators will flash once doe not do it please help
  19. Saldawop

Saldawop Active Member

Ratings:
    +635
    I bought a couple of fobs off eBay for my 2000 Primera . They have the red & black hard buttons rather than the integrated key+fob that seem to be made of soft cheese.
    All programmed and ready to go once my last keyfob finally bites the dust,which wont be long I fear.
  20. hs04avp

hs04avp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally getting around to pursuing this and I came across some info on programming a nissan primera, in which the owner said that in order to program a new key fob, you need to already have a working key fob

"Yes, I had the same issue with my 2001 Primera last year.
    You can buy a key fob seperately for about £40-ish on e-bay. But, in order to re-program your new key fob to the car you need to have a fully-working key fob already, both unlock and lock buttons working.

My key didn't, so I took the car to the main dealer (in the NW of England) & for £100 cut me a new key, got me a new key fob and then coded it to the car.

Once I had this, I then used the key fob I bought from e-bay and re-coded this key fob with the old key to the car. So now I have 2 keys & remotes.

Without taking mine to the dealer to get a working key fob in the first place, I couldn't have re-programmed the key fob as the 'lock' button on the fob was well and truly mauled (car had been bought as salvage a couple of years previously so everyone in the chain had tried breaking it).

does that help ???

cheers
    Stu"

Nissan Micra - Need 2002 key-fob - anywhere less than £100?: Motoring Discussion forum

Is this true for the micra?? 'Cause neither of my key fobs work!
  21. hs04avp

hs04avp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd post here again to let people know I bought a fob off ebay, one of the red and black hard buttoned ones and successfully programmed it to my car :)

I am absolutely thrilled as sad as that sounds, but it was so annoying having to walk around my car every time I wanted to lock it.

In case anyone wants to know, the fob I bought had previously been used with both a primera and a nissan micra but an earlier micra, not one from my range and it still worked on mine!
    I have a 2000 Y reg nissan micra
  22. JoanCrawford

JoanCrawford Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I followed the instructions and it worked - hurrah - I had to leave the car unlocked all last night as the key was dead and had no idea where to start, then found this thread, thank goodness! Thanks for the excellent advice.
  23. scoobyprax

scoobyprax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i got my friend to change the batteries on both the car and the key whilst i was away, now it no longer starts,locks,unlocks....

really need the car for my wife and son to use, does anybody know what i can do without spending money and get up and motoring again please...
  24. markymark34

Ratings:
    +205
    I am far from being a mechanic but i would check the battery. Was it working before it was changed?
    im assuming you have tried the method to reprogram?

Leave key in ignition
    Release unlock button
    Switch ignition on
    Indicators flash twice
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  25. car-man

car-man Active Member

Ratings:
    +288

The car will need to be recovered to a dealer.

Keys on your model can only be recoded by the dealer, usual cost is around £180.
  26. car-man

car-man Active Member

Ratings:
    +288

This only applies to early models.
  27. noms2000

noms2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

My k11c came with 2 keys, but only one of them would remotely lock/unlock the doors. I was told the battery needed to be replaced in the other key to get it working. I placed a new battery in it and still not working, so I found these instructions on the net:

NISSAN Micra Key Remote Control Programming
    The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
    A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.
    Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.
    1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
    2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
    3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.
    4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
    5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
    6. Release the unlock button.
    7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
    8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
    9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
    10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
    NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.

These work up to step 6, but then I do not get the lights flashing (step 7). But when turning the ignition on, I get step 10 (warning light flash twice).
    The key is still not working, and now the other key (which was working) is also not working with remote lock/unlock.

What can I do?

Thanks

Noms
  28. car-man

car-man Active Member

Ratings:
    +288
    You could try a few times until you get it right.

Lock and unlock the doors a few times then sit in the car with the doors closed and carry out the reset procedure....If you still cannot reset any of the fobs then they are probably broken.
  29. noms2000

noms2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Definately not broken. After I kept trying it, now the car won't start. Looks like the car immobiliser has "forgotten" the keys.
    UPDATE: tried the procedure once more, and now both keys able to start the car. Still no remote locking