1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nissan micra fob will not work

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by amcomets, Jan 14, 2010.

1. amcomets

amcomets Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to my car today to go out and the fob will not unlock any doors. Its a micra 03 new shape. It started a couple of days ago when the boot would not unlock, only to find it unlocked and opened a little half way down the motorway!!! But then would not unlock with the remote again. There is a key hole on the passenger door so I have just used that to get into the car but the doors will not unlock from the inside and I cannot turn the key in the engine. I have replaced the fob battery but still nothing. Can anyone offer any advice?
    Thanks in anticipation
  2. markymark34

markymark34 Active Member

Ratings:
    +205
    there is an old thread on here about it although its the older model micra it might still apply/ There is a way to re-sync the remote. Do a search for nissan Micra in this forum.
  3. amcomets

amcomets Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i saw that thread but it doesn't help because the key won't even turn in the ignition. Thanks for your reply.
  4. accyuklad

accyuklad New Member

Ratings:
    +281
    you checked if theres a fuse for the eletric doors
  5. markymark34

markymark34 Active Member

Ratings:
    +205
    ok that sounds more serious! will it turn but nothing happens? Do the lights come on the dash?
  6. amcomets

amcomets Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery is flat!!!! Put jump leads on my hubby's car and it charged it but flat again. I think there may be a problem with the boot that is causing the battery to flatten. Any advice?
  7. accyuklad

accyuklad New Member

Ratings:
    +281
    have you got the alternator tested as they can drain battery power if the alternator is no good
    but i dont see why would a car boot drain a battery flat

also if you still not fixed the boot lock have you not took the back boot board off to try unlock it then that may sort the fault of locking and unlocking
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  8. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +11,126
    If there is a courtesy light in the boot that is staying on that can flatten a car battery in a day or two, less if the battery is old. Check the switch that controls it, on some cars they can easily get bashed by shopping and stop working properly. Same goes for glove compartment lights and of course map lights and the main courtesy lights but they are usually easier to spot if they've been left permanently on by accident.

If there is a fault with the rear door lock actuator then it's possible that it is being powered continuously as it fails to lock and that's causing the power drain, but that will be a bit trickier to pin down as a possible cause.

Dave