Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NGP= PS Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita & PSP' started by AML, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabanatuan

cabanatuan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,920
    great price
  2. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Yeah price is better than people though but then you have to compete in this world of smartphones, iPads and 3GS's....
    Remember nectar points. Better than nothing :)
  3. stoomc

stoomc Active Member

Ratings:
    +274

Oh, I didn't know that one. I was aware I couldn't get cashback with Quidco... might do it again in that case.

Thanks.
  4. stoomc

stoomc Active Member

Ratings:
    +274

Did they say when it was coming out for any region?

I was hoping it would come out before the end of the year... I guess I am barking up the wrong tree then?
  5. humanfish

humanfish Active Member

Ratings:
    +516
    In the interview Jack Tretton gave, when asked about release dates he said this fiscal year for all regions. When pushed, he said that would mean by March 2012 for all regions, most likely Japan before/for Christmas. All due to manufacturing, I would give them a hard time about that, but considering what the Japs have been through it is understandable.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. SNUK10

SNUK10 New Member

Ratings:
    +23
    So what is 3g going to offer here?

Is it to allow online play of games on the move or just web surfing?

Cant see the former working due to unstable connection and most people wont need the latter. What is the £50 going to be for in terms of gaming experience?

(Just pre ordered the 3g version anyway. Sony deserve my £50)
  7. sleepyone

sleepyone Member

Ratings:
    +18
    There were a couple of things i spotted that would seem to make use of.

Saving to cloud after having a quick blast while you were on the bus and then sitting down in front of the tv and continuing were you left off with no faffing around trying to copy your saves over to the PS3. Prob means a PSN+ sub though.

There was one game i saw, can't remember the name of it but it looked like a Diablo clone and the developer guy showing it off sounded like he was about to have a asthma attack. Anyway in the game you can design and build your own lair, other players can choose to try to attack your lair, when they do if you are connected to PSN you will get notification and the quicker you respond to the attack you can get extra exp, loot etc

Also there seemed to be things like Near which i'm sure will have DS qualities like connecting to other systems in your wifi or 3G range and transferring data between.

After beign stung by the 3DS launch, paid to much for it, will prob wait a few weeks to get this, see how quickly the price settles down.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. rovex

rovex Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Anyone's thoughts on who the UK carrier will be?

02 me thinks.
  9. zuulan

zuulan Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Make Vita usable as a PS3 controller in place of a dual shock and you have a Wii U... but a better one. :)
  10. rovex

rovex Member

Ratings:
    +29
    That's what will happen. The joysticks might be a bit small and mind you.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  11. apolloa

apolloa Active Member

Ratings:
    +455
  12. BenchyUK

BenchyUK Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,264
    I've had a think and i probably will get this. I have a 360 which i dont use and that will probably fund a Vita.

There's still no confirmation if the memory will be an on board HDD or via a memory card. Because of the nice price, i think they'll scale back and just include a 16GB memory card in the box. If the 3G one has an internal HDD then i'll get that instead.

Cross game chat across any game is pretty cool, especially as this is a handheld after all.
  13. Simba

Simba Active Member

Ratings:
    +388
  14. Mr-Bananas

Mr-Bananas Member

Ratings:
    +212
    Day one purchase for me............looks absolutely amazing.
  15. BenchyUK

BenchyUK Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Because they have confirmed that downloadable PSP games will work on Vita, i wonder if they will allow PSN Titles to work too like Joe Danger or Dead Nation?
  16. rovex

rovex Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Games price wise should hopefully be around the £25-£30 mark.
  17. addyb

addyb Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,970
    That would be great if I could play my psn games on it.
  18. apolloa

apolloa Active Member

Ratings:
    +455
    I should add my thoughts on the device. Bloody fantastic!!!!! Woohoooooo!!! lol

I was slaging the thing off left right and centre, thought it would be rubbish, etc. But you know what? I really based that on the fact I thought the price was going to be astronomical!! So, £229 is, frankly, an utter shock :eek::eek: and I can tell it's retail price has shocked a fair few industry people too!! :thumbsup:

So, I shall now be taking my 3DS, which I haven't hardly touched, and use it to trade against a PSVITA WiFi only model pre-order at Game!! Sony, you IMO have nailed it, Unchartered, COD, Killzone, Dust (which I think will be cross platform multiplayer right?) etc etc etc....

In fact, with the Vita you could get rid of your PS3 which I may do yet.....

When I saw Luigi with his hoover, I knew the 3DS has failed still with it's games lineup. I think that the Vita will win this time because it's easy to programme for, and devs don't need to worry about the 3D effect plus they have a LOT of power to play with.

NGP, Nintendo Got Pawnd indeed :smashin:

For the mods: Is their any chance we can now have a separate PSVISTA section on here now?
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  19. addyb

addyb Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,970
    The only thing I don't like about this new device is the name. It sounds like somekind of healthy cracker.:D

From what I've seen so far it certainly does blow the 3DS away. Hopefully Sony learn from The psp and make sure it has a great catalogue of games. But I'm already sold on uncharted in handheld form.

Where are people preordering from? Just wondered if there were any place better than another in terms of overall deal etc
  20. andy2322

andy2322 Member

Ratings:
    +220
  21. BenchyUK

BenchyUK Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,264
    They're also listing games in the US at $39.99. Hopefully that will convert to a £29.99 here for physical and digital downloads at launch
  22. BontaKun3000

BontaKun3000 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Swiped this from another site, as it's pretty funny if you know where it's coming from.

[​IMG]

Just for those that don't know, the bottom line is that the anime character you see there is called Vita, as you would guess it's become a interweb meme now:laugh:

either way, I stated elsewhere that I would get one if we ever saw one, cause I love the red!
  23. shodan

shodan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,526
    The VITA looks AWESOME!!! May have to treat meself to one of these...
  24. tazmago

tazmago Member

Ratings:
    +191
    They had a poster in Game/Gamestation/HMV today to pre-order the Vita. On the one in Game it says released 2011, but when I asked the manager about this, he said that they had had a rep from Ubisoft in the store yesterday, and he pretty much confirmed that the UK would be an early 2012 release. That sucks, but I think we all new this would be the case anyway :(

I don't think I will be pre-ordering this just yet, I will be waiting for the supermarket pricing wars to kick in first :smashin:
  25. BontaKun3000

BontaKun3000 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Wiki has it as Japan and NA will see a release some time this year, end of the year probably, while Europe will have to wait till Q1 next year.

I kinda see that as a sorta blessing, lauch titles for any new console/handheld has always been rather meh so waiting abit and having some good titles to choose from is not bad but then I really would like to get mines when everyone else has one.
    Guess we will be able to see if any problems arise during the wait as well.
  26. AML

AML Active Member

Ratings:
    +229
    If it does come out in Japan first, ill be one of the first one in the queue!

Ill make sure to post lots of pics :D
  27. AML

AML Active Member

Ratings:
    +229
    Here are some pics of the PSV game cards and memory cards.

Looking good! At least now we can carry all our games in a small case. (unlike with UMD discs...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. rovex

rovex Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Micro SD then just like on the GO? I'll need the biggest one they have, is there a 64 gigs one available?

These games are going to be massive and I intend to store lots of other things.
  29. EyesOnly

EyesOnly Active Member

Ratings:
    +605
    Sony have got the spec right, the price right and now my only worry is will they get the battery life right. It's got to last similar to a DS for it to be any good in this department.

Here's an interested article from Game Informer:

Sony Answers Your PlayStation Vita Questions

The very last question already has some alarm bells ringing for me:

So I guess it'll be an expensive trip back to Sony for a battery replacement when it dies I guess :(
  30. AML

AML Active Member

Ratings:
    +229
    This is a bit of a worry, but im sure lots of peripheral makers and sony themselves will make external cases or adapters with built in extra batteries.

And to be honest I dont rally care that it cant be taken out.

I remember buying a second battery for my PSP that I never even used!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.