NFL Season Chat 2010-2011

The biggest problem I can see with Tebow as a franchise qb is that if you build a franchise around him (like the Broncos seem to want to do), what are they gonna do if he gets injured and is out for a significant length of time? His style of play is hardly what you would call orthodox so having a number 2 qb to slot straight in wouldn't necessarily be easy.

I suspect Denver will hope to reel in his extravagances whilst trying to retain the edginess.

Llamatronian said:
The biggest problem I can see with Tebow as a franchise qb is that if you build a franchise around him (like the Broncos seem to want to do), what are they gonna do if he gets injured and is out for a significant length of time?

For answer see the Colts (who look to be about to go down the same route again if they draft Andrew Luck)! Always a dangerous game to build a franchise around one player and play style.

But IMO they are investing in their defence as well, as shown by the great drafting of Von Millar.

Another noob question. During 1 of the recent games near the end, i saw then QB throw the ball and then the reciever caught the ball and threw it sideways to someone else. Are you allowed to do this?

You can make any number of 'not forward' ie sideways or backwards passes during a single play, however only one forward pass, which has to be from behind the line of scrimmage.

You can make any number of 'not forward' ie sideways or backwards passes during a single play, however only one forward pass, which has to be from behind the line of scrimmage.

Thanks mate, so does that happen a lot then?

I'm getting there on the rules now and play types, just that sometimes something happens and not sure why.

Thanks mate, so does that happen a lot then?

I'm getting there on the rules now and play types, just that sometimes something happens and not sure why.

Most often happens when time is expiring in the game and the team that is behind desperately needs to make up yardage to score before the game ends...

Also watch out for a type of play called a 'Flea Flicker' where the QB hands the ball off to the Running Back who moves forward in an attempt to deceive the Defence into thinking he's running the ball between the line-men but instead turns around before being tackled and throws the ball back to the QB who can then throw the ball forward because it has not been thrown forward once already yet... Clever play when utilized properly and can expose a blitzing secondary and the safeties with a free Wide Receiver... :thumbsup:

Ye desperate measures sometimes call for desperate plays and keeping the ball alive for yardage, theres been some pretty amazing scores from it in the past.

Just a thought wouldn't more touchdowns be scored then if they started calling plays or playing like rugby???

xWAKEYx said:
Ye desperate measures sometimes call for desperate plays and keeping the ball alive for yardage, theres been some pretty amazing scores from it in the past.

Just a thought wouldn't more touchdowns be scored then if they started calling plays or playing like rugby???

Iv wondered this before but then had the thought that, would more tries be scored in rugby if one of the players could throw the ball forwards?

I think ultimately they are just completely different games with completely different rules.

Get ready to see the St Louis Rams at Wembley Stadium for the next 3 years fella's Starting on October 28th 2012.

St Louis Rams v's New England Patriots.

Rams to play 'home' game in London

:arty:

Rams for next three years. That's going to kill attendances as no one is going to want to see them get battered every year. Bad decision. Can only hope one of the other 2 is a divisional game against the niners

Last edited:
Rams for next three years. That's going to kill attendances as no one is going to want to see them get battered every year. Bad decision.

What makes you think they're gonna get battered for the next 3 years.. Have you not taken into consideration that in the past 2 years we've acquired a new 100% share billionaire owner in Stan Kroenke, we have one of the largest cap space in the league (allowing us great flexibility in Free Agency), the 2nd pick in this years draft, a franchise QB already in place and a huge upgrade in the coaching staff. (Jeff Fisher, Gregg Williams etc..)

St Louis will no longer be the whipping boys of the NFL. That worm is already turning my friend. The Rams are already on the road to rising from the ashes and becoming a force to be reckoned with in the NFL again. Mark my words... ;)

I'm looking forward to it actually. I think the Rams are going to be on the up over the next few years so they could be worth watching.
As far as the London games go, the Patriots are a pretty good choice for this year and the other games could be very good, depending on the opposition.

Scholes18 said:
Rams for next three years. That's going to kill attendances as no one is going to want to see them get battered every year. Bad decision. Can only hope one of the other 2 is a divisional game against the niners

If the NFL has its way they will become a London franchise

As much as I want there to be a London franshise as it will mean more chances for us to see our respective teams play them, im not sure how well it will work.

While Wembley has sold out for all the games so far, regardless of who's been playing, IMO thats just because British NFL fans are hungey for live games. Most British NFL fans follow a team and I cant see them suddenly switching allegiances to the new London team just because they play here. In order to succeed they are going to have recruit a whole load of new fans and still hope that the other teams fans come along.

Plus if was a Rams season ticket holder I would be annoyed that I am losing 3 home games a season. Its not like many fans follow their team on the road. I sat next to a couple of Rams fans who travelled to New York for the game and they said they had spent over a $1,000 dollars getting to the game.

The rams at Wembley, so boring. I was thinking about going again this year but I don't think I will be wasting my money watching the rams and patriots. I have no interest in seeing those teams. They should have brought over two new teams or brought the Niners back. I don't think the rams have much of a fan base here, bad move by the NFL I think.
Can't see the rams doing much any time soon. The Niners should own that division for the foreseeable future,

IL Cattivo said:
What makes you think they're gonna get battered for the next 3 years..

Snip

St Louis will no longer be the whipping boys of the NFL. That worm is already turning my friend. The Rams are already on the road to rising from the ashes and becoming a force to be reckoned with in the NFL again. Mark my words... ;)

Let's hope its a 3 year plan rather than 4 years. I agree the Rams are a team on the up (not sure its possible to drop much further), however, I still think its too big of an ask to turn what is essentially a poor team in most areas, around over one summer.

Llamatronian said:
Let's hope its a 3 year plan rather than 4 years. I agree the Rams are a team on the up (not sure its possible to drop much further), however, I still think its too big of an ask to turn what is essentially a poor team in most areas, around over one summer.

Turning a team around that already has a few pieces in place is easy these days with free agency . It was only last year they were playoff contenders in Bradford's rookie year.

I realise that, I was just poking fun at the Rams. I hope they do turn it round, more competitive teams is good for everyone.

S/B chilly in Foxboro for Pats/Ravens, lo 30's, Hi 20's
Clear -1°F
RealFeel® -19° at the moment
I'm about 70 mi NNE of the stadium

SteveAWOL said:
10-7 to the Giants at half time, Go Giants!

Knew it wouldn't last!

I know why we keep trying to rush but it's clearly not working as our offensive line is awful tonight.

Hope we can pull it out in OT.

I know why we keep trying to rush but it's clearly not working as our offensive line is awful tonight.

Hope we can pull it out in OT.

The Big Blue Wrecking Crew go marching on!!

Super Bowl XLVI here we come :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom