1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*NEW* VU+ Duo Enigma2 HD Twin receiver

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by Neophasis, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thfccambs

thfccambs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,173
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173
    Cristall HD skin for Vu+ Duo (screenshots)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Come back when your precious Dreambox breaks down as it will do one way or the other as their hardware quality is just plain crap compared to other receivers.

I have not seen any Dreambox that is functioning well after 18 months to be honest.

The Vu+ Duo is identical to the DM8000 hardware wise but as i have read on other forum have much higher hardware quality, also you can run all your favorite EMUs and plugins, you can even run images made for DM8000 with Barry Allen with the USB stick.

No other Linux box can run a DM8000 image today which is great.

Yes you get the option to have 4 tuners in DM8000, but it's just waste as most people never use it anyway except you....
  4. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    There is a Dutch shop selling the Vu+ Duo for 419 euros if you use a promo code i have.:D
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Tobias Claren

Tobias Claren Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have found this price by the netherlands "Investigators" ;) .
    Without "promo code". In "Limburg".
    Search on ebay.nl for vu+ duo 419 .
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173
    :rotfl:

Funny i know plenty of people with DM8K with 2 or more tuners.
  7. Sicilian

Sicilian Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I'd disagree with that statement, sorry. I always found GENUINE dreambox's are top quality and last a very long time. They're just too over priced!

Can you post some further details of how to do this please? Does the DM8000 image need to modified in any way? What version of barry allen are you using?
  8. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Everything is on the Vu+ official forum how to do.
  9. aron2008

aron2008 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have any link to the official forum ?
    Can't find any info on Google ?
  10. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173
    I'd wait for some feedback first mate.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. lampard1983

lampard1983 Member

Ratings:
    +36
  12. bassethound

bassethound Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the site it says there is a solo tuner Box coming soon might wait to see that before buying:hiya::hiya::hiya:
  13. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Sicilian i install dreamboxs week in week out (genuine ones) i have never ever had a customer come back to me saying that it has broken down, also i have a dm8000 i use all 4 tuners and i think it is the best satellite treciever i have ever seen never mind installed. why do you think all theese other recievers that come out compare their recievers to the dreambox, that says it all really.:hiya:
  14. Neophasis

Neophasis Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I used to sell Dreamboxes and what you are saying is far from true you don't sell enough to justify a verdict about their quality.

As proof you can go read any forum you wish about their quality problems, the PSU often fails on these units, also the OLED display fails after about 18 months on the DM800, the DM800 also have tuners that fail, DM has had 3 revisions of tuners for the DM800 as they have all overheated and broke down.

The problem is still there, let's not talk about the old DM7000s that i sold tons of units way back, i had a return rate of 70% on these boxes, the PSU failed here as well.

What Dreambox company use is cheap parts and sell the units for overprice on the market, it's not like other manufacturers wants to have Dreambox quality because there is no hardware quality about Dreambox, what they want is to get the software that Dreamboxes uses as the software is Dreambox strongest point, not hardware.

There is a forum in Ukraina that a DM dealer runs and he has put up a list of what fails in these units with photos.
  15. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173
    Sorry mate but don't believe a word of what your saying, who in there right mind would sell a product if they
    More sounds like your DM bashing, do you sell the VU+ Duo Enigma2 HD Twin reciver by any chance? ;)

I know DM are far from perfect, have 2 dm500's DM800 and a DM8000 in my house and all work perfectly. You read many horror storys about products but theres no way they would be on the market if there was 70% failure rate. :nono:
  16. Member 441818

Member 441818 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Would agree that the 70% figure is not a true reflection on our returns, infact far from it, on the whole we've found all models of Dreambox we've supplied to be fairly reliable, sure you have occasional problems, like any brand, but on the whole no real problems....

Anyway this thread is kind of going off at tangent now, it's about the Vu+ DUO and what it can and can't do, few of our customers received theirs today so you can hopefully expect some reviews to follow, but can confirm now it's also working with the latest issue white Sky card via internal card reader and more or less every addon that is in the PLi DM8000 image is also available via the Vu+ DUO image, tuner sensitivity also seems to be up there with the best of them, however one thing the tuners don't have is a loop-through option, so you would need to run two cables direct from LNB rather than looping through, not the biggest deal that one... Hope more to follow :smashin:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  17. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    70% failure rate, I take it your business went bust then :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

Thats a bit far fetched to say the least mate.:eek:
  18. Sicilian

Sicilian Member

Ratings:
    +28
    The VU+ has a internal loop through if your just using one feed, connect to feed 1 ;) but to be honest for a dual tuner satellite receiver to work as it should you should always use two separate feeds.

Received mine yesterday managed to get a couple of hour testing it, my first impressions are 100% positive. This is a real top notch receiver, build quality is fantastic, remote feels strong & sturdy, tuners are great. HD picture quality is superb! SD picture quality I feel is better the my SKY receiver. Channels settings can be loaded using Dreamboxedit and it uses standard Enigma 2 settings :) I've also installed the XMLTV Epg grabber plugin for 7 days EPG on 28.2 ;) The plugin is available using the Openpli beta image.

I'll post more info once i've got it all connected to my motorised dish and managed to really put it through its paces.

Dream-Multimedia, watch out, there's a real competitor in town! This receiver will really give the DM8000 a run for its money, come on DMM, get ya heads out of ya arse's, how on earth can you justify £900 for the DM8000?? Just dont make sense, I purchased a top quality Panasonic plasma for less money!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  19. karekare

karekare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As it's Twin Tuner can i fit a DVB-C tuner for my cable?
  20. Sicilian

Sicilian Member

Ratings:
    +28
    No, it does NOT have modular tuners. They are both fixed satellite tuners.
  21. karekare

karekare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks
  22. bobonthejob

bobonthejob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @sicilian

I take it this is a box to get...?

Dont seem to be anything negative about it? Contender to the dm8000?
  23. rcaudwell

rcaudwell Member

Ratings:
    +129
    It`s looking like a contender, think I`ll give it a month or two and maybe take the plunge if all seems OK. There have been a couple of other "dreambox rivals" before, none have really lived up to expectations. This does seem a bit different, as it looks as if you can use dreambox images on it (via Barry allen plugin) and run cccam natively etc. My only concern at this moment would be if DMM react to the launch and we start to find new cccam releases/images won`t run on this unit ( I know cccam team aren`t DMM but I think it`s a pretty commonly accepted belief that there are links between the two).
  24. Member 441818

Member 441818 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Personally I wouldn't worry to much on if you can run stock DM8000 images on it or not, ok maybe for the sake of playing about with it and just to say 'yes I can', but the future of this receiver is in its own images and not if it can run DM8000 images, at least in my opinion. :)
  25. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,418
    WIll some of you please take this as an opportunity to explain what an "image" is in this context?:confused::D
    And maybe "cccam" as well if you have the time, and patience.
  26. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Inlike the Dreambox's :D:lease:
  27. Member 354643

Member 354643 New Member

Ratings:
    +95
    To be quick the way i would explain it is the "image" as the same sort of thing as windows on a pc there is xp vista windows 7 ect with images you have nabilosat, barry allen, jade and Gemini. all have their own little things different about them. I personally use nabillosat as i like it and it works well.

Cccam. not sure if i am alloed to say too much on here but it lets you share when set up with whats called an F line and a C line both are lines of code which both recievers have to have theserver being the one with the F line (card in box) :smashin:
  28. rcaudwell

rcaudwell Member

Ratings:
    +129
    If the support for the unit continues then I agree, it`s irrelevant whether or not you can run DM8000 images, if support dries up it becomes more of an issue.
  29. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173
    CCcam also allows you to read official cards in your reciver, like Skyuk, nothing illegal about this either.
  30. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,418
    Thanks very much, you two - it's much simpler than I was guessing until now!
    Image is about the way it looks, which wouldn't bother me, and cccam is my cam with added extras.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.