Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New sky install with Labgear HDU681

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by tim04, Jun 11, 2013.

1. tim04

tim04 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would be really grateful with some help with my new install. I built my house a few years ago and installed an HDU681 in the loft - up until now this has worked with a UHF aerial (into HDU681) distributing the signal around the house. I had sky installed yesterday into my main room, and connected to cables/outlet I had previously fitted - the installation is as per this diagram on this webpage -

Labgear HDU681/S Aerial Amplifier - Beststuff.co.uk Ltd

with two "downlinks" and an uplink/return.

Sky works fine but I am having issues with getting a "normal" signal on my main set, as well as on my other tv's -

1) I have to switch my sky box off before I get digital tv on my tv rather than switching source (or pressing TV on my sky control?)

2) When I switch to analogue on my second TV, the sky "channel" is really poor quality and I have channels missing on digital - I searched the forum and have changed from 68 to 69 and retuned but am still having issues?

3) The instructions for the HDU681 are pretty poor - should I have the switch set to SAT or UHF/CCTV?

Would be really grateful for some advice.

Thanks
  2. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Satellite wasn't involved before and it still isn't so any switch would remain on the same setting.
    Assuming that you've made a connection from the Sky PVR's RF2 Out socket where does that go?
    To get the Sky channel right you can try any channel that isn't used for Freeview in your area.
    The PVR has to be set to output that channel of course.
    Let us have some more details so that we can look further into the possible causes of the problems.
  3. tim04

tim04 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the prompt reply - the RF 2 from the sky box goes into the return socket on my outlet which then goes up to the uplink on my HDU681. Hope this helps! The RF1 is connected to my main tv, but have just connected a scart lead as well.
  4. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    That's OK and thanks for the further information.
    Is the connection from Sky RF2 Out to Labgear Uplink the only change you've made to the system?
    The Sky machine should connect to the main TV by HDMI, not from RF1 or by Scart.
    Was your reference to "normal" signal about problems only with Freeview, and with all the TVs?