Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NETGEAR WG111v2 Wireless ADAPTER - How to get it to work with an XBOX360

Discussion in 'Xbox Live Forum' started by richwill, Dec 4, 2005.

1. richwill

richwill Member

Ratings:
    +6
    HELP!! well any assistance possible please.

I've got a Netgear WG111v2 USB wireless adapter. I'd like it to work with an XBOX360 (to save me buying the microsoft one) Any ideas on how to configure it. I've plugged it in but it doesn't seem to see the apater.

Any ideas on alternate adapters I can try?

any help really welcome,

Thanks
  2. rEVILospud

rEVILospud Active Member

Ratings:
    +267
    I don't think you can use a wireless USB adapter with the XBox 360 as you need to install the driver onto the machine (which u can't do as it's not a PC).
    I believe you can only use the official wireless adapter (as driver will be pre-installed on the machine OR use a Wireless Ethernet Adapter (Netgear WGE111) as no drivers are required (I use this and it works fine!)
  3. pjclark1

pjclark1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +289
    Any "Wireless bridge" will work.
  4. rajkat

rajkat Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    After hours and hours of messing around with wireless bridges, I've given up and just move my router to my home-cinema whenever I want to play live. I went through every last setting on the XBOX/Router/bridge with a toothcomb. Xbox couldn't get itself an IP. Works fine now

Judging by the forums, wireless bridges with XBOXs seem to be a very problematic. I'm going to stump up for the Xbox wireless kit when I get round to it.