Netgear Ready Nas Duo, changed IP, now not working???

DJ GA

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I had this Netgear Duo working fine with Netgear DG843N + Netgear 8 Giga switch, I changed this router for a BT hub 2.0 as I have switched to BT.

I have unplugged all my equipment, got all working, except this NAS box.

I have plugged the ethernet from Nas to Hub, the hub links to PC and the 8 Giga switch is plugged to hub, all ps3's etc go to 8 Giga switch and work fine.

I didn't uninstall RAIDar when I plugged the NAS into new BT hub, but when I click on RAIDar icon the RAIDar utility displays and all the lights are green,

However when I select Netgear Duo and press Setup it goes to find IP address and I get an error internet cannot display page.

I therefore cannot set this up, and have tried asking Netgear but they say as it is over 90 days you have to pay for advice, hence I will not be buying Netgear again.

Is there anything I can do to reset without losing my files, I cannot see any files at the moment on the PC so I haven't got a clue what to do next?

I have tried uninstalling and reloading but no joy, I am wondering whether the IP address is fixed from before and the hub cannot give a ip address, but being not very computer literate I am just guessing.

The BT hub doesn't show the NAS on its devices list?

Please help :lease:

plug your old router back in and see if it all returns to normal

then go into the readynas and make sure it is DHCP switched on

give that a go

you can reset it without losing any data - the procedure is on the readynas support forum faqs at NETGEAR ReadyNAS Community

there are NETGEAR staff on the forum who answer questions ...forever

I think you will find that like the 90 day thing is the free new user support youve ran out of...

How do I reset the ReadyNAS to factory default?
Resetting the ReadyNAS back to factory default will wipe out all configuration and data. Please understand this before continuing. If you choose to continue, here are the steps:

Power down the ReadyNAS.
Locate the reset pinhole.
ReadyNAS 600/X6: the pinhole is on the back in the lower left corner.
ReadyNAS 1000S/1100: the pinhole is in the front.
ReadyNAS NV/NV+/Duo: the pinhole is next to the USB port in the back.
Get a straightened paper clip and depress the hidden switch in the pinhole while the power is off, and then power on the ReadyNAS, keeping the switch depressed for about 30 secs.
You will see the drive LEDs in the front blink once at about 5 secs and again at about 30 secs. Release the switch at the 2nd blink.
There will be a 10-minute window where you can use RAIDar to change the RAID mode and/or select the snapshot reserved space. RAIDar will prompt with "Click Setup". If you do not click Setup, the installation will begin with the default settings. Otherwise, it will begin when you've confirmed your option selection in RAIDar. You can monitor the installation progress with RAIDar.

plug your old router back in and see if it all returns to normal

then go into the readynas and make sure it is DHCP switched on

give that a go

you can reset it without losing any data - the procedure is on the readynas support forum faqs at NETGEAR ReadyNAS Community

there are NETGEAR staff on the forum who answer questions ...forever

I think you will find that like the 90 day thing is the free new user support youve ran out of...

How do I reset the ReadyNAS to factory default?
Resetting the ReadyNAS back to factory default will wipe out all configuration and data. Please understand this before continuing. If you choose to continue, here are the steps:

Power down the ReadyNAS.
Locate the reset pinhole.
ReadyNAS 600/X6: the pinhole is on the back in the lower left corner.
ReadyNAS 1000S/1100: the pinhole is in the front.
ReadyNAS NV/NV+/Duo: the pinhole is next to the USB port in the back.
Get a straightened paper clip and depress the hidden switch in the pinhole while the power is off, and then power on the ReadyNAS, keeping the switch depressed for about 30 secs.
You will see the drive LEDs in the front blink once at about 5 secs and again at about 30 secs. Release the switch at the 2nd blink.
There will be a 10-minute window where you can use RAIDar to change the RAID mode and/or select the snapshot reserved space. RAIDar will prompt with "Click Setup". If you do not click Setup, the installation will begin with the default settings. Otherwise, it will begin when you've confirmed your option selection in RAIDar. You can monitor the installation progress with RAIDar.

Hi thanks very much for your help

I have just reset the ready nas and it now has booted and I can now get the front end view it has a new ip address showing,

I have put the software on my laptop and clicked on RAIDar and it opens which I couldn't do before, so i am getting somewhere at last.

I am not sure how to set the next bit up, have you any ideas?

Cheers

default settings will be fine for you I suspect so no action required I would have thought ...other than check all your data is there as normal

default settings will be fine for you I suspect so no action required I would have thought ...other than check all your data is there as normal

Hi when I click on set up it says the nas device is on a different subnet, change your ip address to 192.168.168.x, click rescan and try again.

If in disconnect this ethernet cable from the nas and this laptop, and connect the nas to the BT hub will it work now as it is reset with a new ip address, will the hub give the nas a new ip address, I am not sure what to do next?

Cheers

Hi t72bogie

I connected the ethernet lead from nas to hub and it gave the Nas a new IP address and all files are showing on network,

I am so happy now! :clap:

Thanks to you many thanks, this forum is superb, better than trying to phone Netgear at National rate, and the last time I had a problem it cost me ÂŁ9 in phone calls!

Regards

no worries ... glad you are up and running again :smashin:

no worries ... glad you are up and running again :smashin:

Hi, yes I will enjoy the rest of the weekend now, its only taken me 2 days to configure 2 x PS3's, Sonos, wireless printer, etc

Saved the best til last! :thumbsup:

I hope BT will be a good internet provider, as Talk Talk were not very good!

So far 10.5 speed and rising each day!

Mainly thanks to you sir! :lesson:

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom