NetFlix

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick question to someone who might know a bit better than me

i have netflix and unblock us

i want to play netflix on my tv in my bedroom without having to move my xbox down to it, is there anything i can get that will put netflix on my bedroom telly and also would i still get the us version of netflix?

thanks

Desmo said:
There's a Jackass3 3D and some Spy Kids or something too.

Neither show up via Apple TV.

just a quick question to someone who might know a bit better than me

i have netflix and unblock us

i want to play netflix on my tv in my bedroom without having to move my xbox down to it, is there anything i can get that will put netflix on my bedroom telly and also would i still get the us version of netflix?

thanks

I can help with this.

In terms of device, there is a choice of a new xbox, a PS3, an AppleTV and a whole range of streamers.

I think prob the cheapest way is a cheap second-hand xbox or PS3 or if you want new then an AppleTV.

Anything that can receive Netflix will support UnblockUS.

HTH
M

I can help with this.

In terms of device, there is a choice of a new xbox, a PS3, an AppleTV and a whole range of streamers.

I think prob the cheapest way is a cheap second-hand xbox or PS3 or if you want new then an AppleTV.

HTH
M

By the way, if you go AppleTV, checked out the refurbished ones direct from Apple (on their refurb store). They are usually £85 and are basically new with full 12 month warranty. This is usually cheaper than you can find anywhere else.

HTH
M

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Interestingly, Spy Kids 3D I can get on the Netflix app on my iPad and even airplay it to my Apple TV, but obviously not in 3D.

I can help with this.

HTH
M

would a wdtv live media player be ok?

would a wdtv live media player be ok?

I just got one and it works fine with unblockus. You need the latest version: WD TV Live Streaming Media player. I spotted it on Amazon for £62 a few days ago and grabbed one at that price.

It's not in the list of devices that stream SuperHD, but I have been getting X-High HD video streams, which I think may be Super HD. It is listed as streaming Netflix at 1080p though.

The Apple TV 3 is listed for Super HD, but only outputs Dolby Digital 5.1, not the DD Plus version. WD TV does DD Plus.

This may be useful for choosing a device

http://www.techofthehub.com/whats-best-netflix-player

Last edited:
Can you get the unblock us while on you 30 day trial? It shouldn't make a difference should it?

Can you get the unblock us while on you 30 day trial? It shouldn't make a difference should it?

You get a week free trial of unblock us, so it wouldn't cost you anything to give it a try.

As I understand it, Super HD is only available from yor native netflix region. At one point this morning, I was getting X-High HD from US netflix via my WDTV Live, which I think is the Super HD. I can no longer get it though; High HD being the best I can now get. Unblockus were hinting at maybe enebling this, so maybe they were experimenting?

That would be excellent if unblock us enables super HD across the regions. Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

dicklodge said:
You get a week free trial of unblock us, so it wouldn't cost you anything to give it a try.

That's what I did, signed up to both at the same time. Works a treat.

Goooner said:
That's what I did, signed up to both at the same time. Works a treat.

I'm doing this now. Seems easy enough.

Right. All done. Now what? Do I have to alter my settings to access Netflix US or is it automatic?

Dave M said:
Right. All done. Now what? Do I have to alter my settings to access Netflix US or is it automatic?

It's ok got it. Easy peasy! Chees!

What device are you using to stream?

dicklodge said:
What device are you using to stream?

Apple TV. I think you just change the region/country on unblock US and away you go, right?

Dave M said:
Apple TV. I think you just change the region/country on unblock US and away you go, right?

Not worked. Do I have to sign out and back in again on netflix?

Dave M said:
Not worked. Do I have to sign out and back in again on netflix?
Yes, each time you change region you need to log out of Netflix and back in again.

Just set mine up yesterday, only needed to set the DNS then keep pressing Menu to get back out again. Didn't need to change or enter the subnet mask or anything.

Goooner said:
Just set mine up yesterday, only needed to set the DNS then keep pressing Menu to get back out again. Didn't need to change or enter the subnet mask or anything.

Ok thanks. Just setting iTunes to US. It's "thinking about it"!

OK. Giving up for tonight (I have to watch something!) :rotfl:

I managed to change the IP address on Apple TV but it just gets stuck on "setting time and date".

Tried unplugging, rebooting router etc, read about setting router to allow ports over 123???:confused:

I've just set the IP address back and all working fine. There's something I'm not doing right. And as for straight forward?!!! :suicide:

Help? :lease:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom