Netflix now available on 360 in the UK

Don't watch 'the bridge' a documentary about people jumping off the golden gate bridge with real footage of the jumps and interviews with close family and friends who not only get to see themselves in a film but their loved ones committing suicide as well. An odd and depressing waste of time.

i like how they have stuff like old Office in HD :D i may continue beyond the free trial, just cause i wanna watch breaking bad and cant be arsed downloading one by one

So I signed up for the 30 day trial earlier this week and after the initial, 'wow this is cool' I realised the selection is extremely limited and extremely disappointing.

I've already been through searching and searching for a new movie I haven't seen and want to see and can't find anything that fits that fairly basic criteria any more.

That's after just a few days, baffles me how they expect people to subscribe to this for longer than a month because within that time surely you're going to run out of things that are both there and that you want to see.

They seriously need to add more films. For a start they could have a 'Recently Added' section so every couple of days I can have a look and see if they've added something I want to see but no.

I'm not complaining because it's free and it seems like it would be a good service if only they had a much larger library of films to select from.

tbh you shouldnt be using netflix for movies, especially the UK version. check some tv shows

I am vexed you need a live gold sub to use netflix. On top of the netflix sub. I will stick to the ps3 version with no extras needed when my gold trial runs out been if it means keep swapping the Dns over.

Movies are movies, old or new, if I haven't seen them then they're new, (to me) I'm having a great time with Netflix.

They'll be adding more as time gos on so I have no problem with letting my subscription roll-over for a few months, after that I will assess how much I'm using the service and how much new content they're adding, then go from there.

Don't see the point in cancelling so early, they've only just started here in the UK, content levels will only go up not down.

Has anyone tried linking their xbox to the US netflix store? A bigger selection of films is available.

As others have said the movie selection is poor - you only have to look at the sci-fi section to see that. However as others have pointed out - given the low monthly cost what do you expect.

The TV selection is very good. I've been considering buying the Breaking Bad box set for some time - so the free netflix trial was a no brainer for me.

I'm running with medium quality in preferences on a 10MB virgin connection. Very impressed with quality, no buffering and no degradation.

HOWEVER I do have an issue with Breaking Bad... the panning is jerky. It's really noticeable when a car is driving by.

Thing is I've tried plenty of other movies and they are fine. I've also never had this before using the Zune movies.

I'm using a component cable and have tried setting display options to both 1080i and 1080p. My TV is a 27" 1080p LG.

I've googled this and seems lots of people have issues with Netflix and judder. It looks similiar to either dropped frames or wrong refresh issue. My TV is reporting 60Hz which I beleive is my only choice with HD Xbox content.

Anyone else having a similar issue? It's putting me off watching the rest of Breaking Bad.

I know this is the Xbox forum but does anyone know how you can see all the content on the USA Netflix instead of just 75 items for each subject.

Has anyone tried linking their xbox to the US netflix store? A bigger selection of films is available.

Want to know this too. The missus loves that show sister wives. But its on the US version only. Let's hope she gets some ideas. ;)

Go to network settings on Xbox.

Choose manual settings and change DNS to

First DNS: 208.122.23.22
Second DNS: 208.122.23.23

Reboot and you have US Netflix.

Do you need a seperate subscription?

jayd said:
Do you need a seperate subscription?

No this works for me and I haven't signed up to anything.

Only thing I'd recommend is don't do this at router level.

If you do it on a pc then don't use services such as Internet banking as all your traffic is being directed elsewhere and in theory could be viewed.

btw I found the selection in the states much better but the picture quality was poorer.

Bantocks said:

So this will enable us to view everything on the US netfilx with our uk sub?

changed the DNS settings and I cannot believe the movies the US get compared to us. Their selection is very good.

Bantocks said:

Will this affect gaming at all?

Will this affect gaming at all?
I would guess it would, but I don't know for sure. If it does, you can always change the settings back to automatic (or whatever you were using before) and just use these DNS servers for Netflix.

I can't see it working for too long, but I wish we had this selection in the UK. I wouldn't have any doubts about keeping up my subscription then.

Satantango said:
So this will enable us to view everything on the US netfilx with our uk sub?

I'll have to guess then and say yes, think i'll give it a go.

I know this is the Xbox forum but does anyone know how you can see all the content on the USA Netflix instead of just 75 items for each subject.

The US netflix is the same maximum of 75 items per genre.:smashin:

That's what the search function is for.:rolleyes:

btw I found the selection in the states much better but the picture quality was poorer.

NTSC to Pal maybe, I have the US netflix (in the US) and it is perfect, so must be your end, maybe internet speed as I noticed a difference when I used to use wireless but now on wired and all bars full and HD.:thumbsup:

NTSC to Pal maybe, I have the US netflix (in the US) and it is perfect, so must be your end, maybe internet speed as I noticed a difference when I used to use wireless but now on wired and all bars full and HD.:thumbsup:

I don't think NTSC to PAL applies here in any way... I would guess it's far more likely to do with the bandwidth the end-user is actually getting - local US users could be getting a more stable, higher transfer rate from US-local servers. I believe the NetFlix client continuously self-adjusts bitrates.

I couldn't see any difference in picture quality when I tried it. I was getting the maximum number of bars lit up on the bandwidth meter and the "HD" symbol was always lit up when I watched HD content. I do agree that it's probably a bandwidth issue though.

I'm watching The Fighter and even though it has the HD logo it looks more like a DIVX DVD rip to me than a HD movie,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom