Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neet HDMI splitter problem

Discussion in 'HDMI Cables & Switches' started by V12AML, Jan 26, 2010.

1. V12AML

V12AML Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone help :lease:

I have just purchased a Neet hdmi splitter, however when both outputs are plugged into my tv's the output lights on the Neet box and display on the tv's start to flash on and off. if i unplug one of the outlets it works fine? Not so "Neet" then!!
    I am feeding a Panasonic 46" plasma and a toshiba 42" LCD from the sky hd box, the panny is with the sky hd box and the tosh is approx 7 mtrs away in another room.

Suggestions please,
    Thanks
    V12aml
  2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand Active Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Always try a full system reboot - power it all off at the wall then power on one device at a time; we often find powering on from the Display back to the Source works best.

If that fails you may simply have an incompatibility between the various bits of kit in your system and will have to try a different Distribution Amp; Media Factory - Octava HDDA12-UK, 1x2 HDMI distribution amp.

Joe
  3. V12AML

V12AML Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for your reply, unfortuneatley this did not cure the problem.
    The guys at neet are now saying it could be my cables- i do not see how it can be as they all work fine when not going through the Neet splitter??

Thx
    Ken
  4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand Active Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +1,846
    Always hard to fault find the HDMI signal bus - though I'm not sure I'd blame the cable for that fault, more likely some EDID or HDCP handshaking issues at play!

Joe
  5. huxley

huxley Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I have the same Neet splitter. Worked fine with everything apart from my 360 until I turned off the screen detection setting in the dashboard, works fine now. Do sky boxs have such a setting?
    Worth a try.
  6. Red55555555

Red55555555 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but mine has started behaving very oddly, i have a denon 2808 amp, ps3, wii & sky hd connected to it, the amp outputs to the neet splitter which then feeds my TV & or my Projector, for some reason unknown to me just today if i switch my ps3 on or wii, the neet splitter will flash the signal to the tv on & off continuesly, i cannot use it, changing over to sky hd on works fine, back to ps3 or wii, signal is lost again, this is baffling me as i have had this setup working fine for 8 months, now all of a sudden it's not. I have tried switching all cables & it still doesnt work, i have also bypassed the neet splitter & plugged my tv directly into the amp & signal was fine from the ps3. Anyone have any ideas?
  7. Red55555555

Red55555555 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Just a quick update for anyone wondering about neet products, i contacted neet about my problem & they were more than helpfull, they suggested it could be my hdmi cables & if i bought what i needed from them then they would send out a new splitter FOC to try to rule out the splitter problem and if it turned out it wasn't the cables then i could return them for a full refund & keep the new splitter. So i ordered 3 of their 2m cat2 hdmi cables for around £23, came next day with the new splitter as promised. Absolutly fantastic customer service from them & my problem is now sorted. Will definatly buy from NEET again. Thankyou very much NEET.
  8. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Ratings:
    +568
    Nice One

We're all aghast to hear though, was it the splitter or did the old splitter work with the new cables? :)
  9. Red55555555

Red55555555 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    LOL, sorry i didn't post what was exactly wrong as i still arn't 100% sure myself, i used the new cables on the old switch, everything was fine for around 10 mins or so, then the sync issue started again, so swapped over to the new switch & new cables, which initially had sync issues with just my projector, however after more messing with various combinations of cables i have somehow managed to solve the problem(or it sorted itself) i couldnt tell you how, but as of now everything is running fine again & not had one problem with the new switch & cables, so am returning the old switch back to neet for testing. From what i have gathered in my investigation the sync issues only started to happen when the old switch got warm, but this is only my observation....
  10. andypye

andypye Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a similar problem when watching Apple TV (3rd gen) in 4 rooms. Maybe I'm pushing the splitters too far. I have:

1) Apple TV in living room connected to 1 neet hdmi splitter -powered - output to tv then to bedroom
    2) neet splitter with power in bedroom -powered- output to tv then to study
    3) neet splitter with power in study output to tv then to kitchen
    4) neet splitter without power in kitchen output to tv

I have an identical setup with a sky box which ALWAYS works, but with the apple tv, it is sometimes ok, but when my girlfriend switches on tv in study and is NOT on the apple tv hdmi output I get the TV flicker.

I'd assume I was pushing it with 4 rooms, but this setup does work perfectly for sky.
    I have tried setting the resolution for apple to auto and also 1080p and the issue is the same with both.

I do wonder if it's when the study splitter gets hot as another member has posted.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Maybe I need to have power on all of the splitters, or perhaps NOT have power on so many of them.
  11. mrxmas

mrxmas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. mrxmas

mrxmas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i am not sure if you can remember which cable you purchased from them - Are you able to give me the item part number please.