1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to reprogram my car key!

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Joe90sDad, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Joe90sDad

Joe90sDad New Member

Ratings:
    +50
    My mate's Peugeot 306 car key has stopped responding. I don't know if it's faulty or just needs reprogramming. I did it once before on my own car but can't find the programming instructions again.

Anyone?
  2. Joe90sDad

Joe90sDad New Member

Ratings:
    +50
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. thfccambs

thfccambs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,173
    Great site.:thumbsup:

You wouldn't know of anywhere that repairs keys would you as my Laguna one's packed up.:( £150 for new key and to programe it from Renault.
  4. Joe90sDad

Joe90sDad New Member

Ratings:
    +50
    In the case of my old Peugeot I just bought one off ebay and reprogrammed it myself. Just checked and there are quite a few Renault keys on there as well.

£150 is way too much. Typical Renault rip-off prices.
  5. BananaTiger

BananaTiger Member

Ratings:
    +129
    Nice site. Useful to know that it's so easy to do this. Never done it myself but now that I've read the site I'm not going to pay for it if the need arises. Definitely a site for my del.icio.us account.
  6. Howard0000

Howard0000 Member

Ratings:
    +29

If it's the same as my Megane (assuming yours is the old Laguna, it's the same era as my car... It's Infrared yes?) then you can probably disarm the immobiliser with the button on the dash providing you know the code. With this you can learn your key / new keys to it :)
  7. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173
    Didn't think that far a head.:mad:
  8. Dunwa

Dunwa Member

Ratings:
    +122
    My remote on my Focus stopped working so i'm going to give it a go, many thanks.
  9. Dunwa

Dunwa Member

Ratings:
    +122
    Fantastic.

The battery died, and I replaced it but even with a new battery the thing would not work.

Tried the advice on the website and it remote worked first time. Thank you, you have saved me £65 (Quoted from my local Ford dealer.) :thumbsup:
  10. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,173

Im glad you posted that,i had given up on mine but see your post and tried it again.:clap: Got it working,just called garage and cancelled my £150 key.:)
  11. av addict

av addict Member

Ratings:
    +116
    hi guys i'm having a renault laguna immobiliser problems i've put new batterys in my key but its still not working--
    i've tried the instructions on programkeys--it says hold
    the central locking button for 5 seconds and it should lock/unlock---but it don't do anything---anyone got any ideas---please help me:)
  12. sparky33

sparky33 Member

Ratings:
    +15
  13. Howard0000

Howard0000 Member

Ratings:
    +29

If you have your immobiliser code your can re-sync the key on your own, saving yourself the money, providing you can get Renault to give it to you for free!
  14. sparky33

sparky33 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    So I've read, but it doesn't work, least not for me (I've got the 4 digit code), and most places I've read about it it didn't work, when I press my central locking button and hold it, it does nothing (it's supposed to unlock again).
  15. sparky33

sparky33 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I can now calculate your immobilisor 4 digit bypass code if your key has failed, this will enable you to continue to use your car until such time as your key has been recoded to your car. This system is guaranteed to work and I will only charge £10 for the service, your dealer will charge up to £30 and you have to go to the dealers with your proof of ID, I can do it online in minutes.

All you need to do is PM me with your car type, this is an identification number of the body type, eg. DAOH for a 96 - 2001 Coupe, and the last 5 digits of the code inside your key (chassis number or reg number not required), and send a payment via Paypal.

For full details see this link http://www.coupe-club.org.uk/smf/ind...pic,142.0.html