Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advice on which 3d t.v to get

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by scurlock1982, Feb 23, 2012.

1. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was gonna get a Panasonic g series t.v but in the eu the green blob issue seems worse than anywhere else and my mate had this problem so decided no panny.the other 2 sets I was looking at were the Samsung d8000 series or the Sony h723 both seem to have a marmite effect so was wondering if people in this forum could give some advice.money isn't to much of an issue but I know a more expensive set doesant make it a better choice.thanks for any help given.
  2. lethal1000

lethal1000 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    no problems with my gt30.i am over the moon with it.
  3. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    Welcome to the forum, and thanks for that very true and relevant point.:clap:
    If you got a Pana and it had a problem, with a green blob, or with anything else, then obviously you'd send it back for replacement or refund.
    There will always be people who get unlucky and find that they've bought something with a problem, and of course they're the ones who report it, but for each bad one there'll be a hundred good ones.
    I don't know what a "marmite effect" is, but again, if you bought a Samsung or Sony and that was a problem with them, you'd do the same thing.
    So, look at them all, on the makers' web sites and in stores, decide which one is designed in a way that appeals to you, and that is at a price that you consider reasonable, and go for it, regardless of make.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  4. zientific

zientific Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Best thing to do is demo them and go with your gut feeling, don't go worrying about the negatives as that will prevent you from buying your right TV. My experience was that I wanted the Samsung d7000 but in seeing it in the flesh I was'nt so taken with the active 3d so ended up buying a Phillips 7006. Within hours of having the set I realised it just did'nt live up to my expectations, so I returned it. I ended up with a GT30 having dismissed it due to the negative reviews re: the green blob issue. All I can say is WOW, brilliant set with no issues.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be fair I've always liked Panasonic my first ever HDTV was a Panasonic plasma and I could get a guarantee with it.I know there's no such thing as the perfect t.v set lol.
  6. bonsai

bonsai Member

Ratings:
    +21
    my gt30 is superb...infact i'd say standard def on this is on par with my samsung lcd in hd!!
  7. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The marmite effect was a typo Sry about that lol.I have widdled it down to the Panasonic v series or either the Samsung d8000 led or plasma phoned local store they have all 3 screens in so will check them out and decide what one I like.
  8. Ari33

Ari33 Member

Ratings:
    +198
    If you have kids and apreciate an easier and more natural 3D viewing experience and 5-7 pairs of 3D glasses included with the set it will be worth checking out the LG passives. ;)
  9. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LG is the only one I've never realy had a gd look at I didnt think the LG Passive would be gd for 3d gaming.response time with games I can't tell the difference between one t.v from the other.my kids like gaming to mostly motorstorm and acouple of others lol.
  10. Ari33

Ari33 Member

Ratings:
    +198
    It has input lag of aprox 40 ms, but thats only 4 hundredths of a second.. really not a lot when you put it into that context.
    Most LW series users on here report that they cant even 'feel' it (myself included) I'd only avoid this set if I was a serious gamer where K/D ratio stats were very important to me, otherwise its perfectly fine for casual gaming.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  11. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What model do you have? My current HDTV that I'm replacing is an LG never realy had any complaints with it.only reason I'm replacing it is my mums set has gone bad and I was looking for a reason to get a 3d tv lol.
  12. Ari33

Ari33 Member

Ratings:
    +198
    The LW450u (last years model) which can now be bought for just £500 (See AndyUk's thread below this)

I really like it, for the money it really is superb and I'd recomend it to anyone. We all have different eyes and needs though so go for a viewing and decide for yourself rather than take my word for it. Just remember passives have a limited vertical viewing angle so be sure to go down to eye level when viewing the 3D.
  13. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I have to view every t.v on that showroom floor just to find the 3dtv that will suit me and my eyes which aren't exactly that gd lol.
  14. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    For....? :)
  15. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My first post I reffered to led tv as the marmite effect.its a UK product that run a lot of adverts where you have 2 people one likes it the other doesant so thought would be gd refrence.and a lot of people in UK use it as a refrence quite often lol.
  16. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,477
    I'm very much in the UK, and know the Marmite disagreement well - I'm an anti:D - but hadn't come across this usage before.
  17. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

How is it for 3d gaming?
  18. scurlock1982

scurlock1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First thing that came to mind after a not so quiet weekend lol.and I second your thought be aswell spreading muck on yer bread let's face it probarly taste nicer than marmite lol