Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N97 mini - an improvement?

Discussion in 'Nokia Mobile Phones' started by mattDP, Feb 1, 2010.

1. mattDP

mattDP Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I was interested in picking up the old N97 handset when it came out, but was turned off by all the negative press.

I now need urgently to get a new mobile phone, and it has to be on vodafone because it's the only network that has reception around my workplace. The trouble is I'm addicted to phones with slide-out qwerty keyboards and the N97 mini is the only phone on Vodafone that combines most of the features I want into a single package.

Press reviews seem to suggest it's certainly a better phone than it's full-sized predecessor, but I'd be interested in a wider opinion: so, what was so wrong with the original handset and how (if at all) does the mini improve things?

Cheers,
    Matt
  2. Jay Z

Jay Z Member

Ratings:
    +103
    It's not a bad phone but to be honest mate I would pass on it though because it still lacks in certain areas.

I got rid of mine as it became a pain and I became frustrated with it and its a pain to get used to especially with the sensitivity of the touchscreen.

I had one bad experience when it once crashed on me and it was a cold icy day and i couldn't call to arrange a pickup from work. Luckily my bro rang and i was able to pick up.

I have since moved onto the iPhone and for once I have a working phone which is not gonna fail me.

I was looking at the N900 but after researching it there is still work needed to be done to make it function brialliantly.

I hope this helps mate- just thought to let you know on my personal experience with the mini.

Regards.

Jay