1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Guide MG3218WE

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by steve rochefort, Jun 30, 2009.

1. steve rochefort

steve rochefort Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased a My Guide 3218 and all the forums say it can be used with other software such as Tom Tom, Garmin etc.

Does anyone know how to do this? Where do I get the software, how do I load it onto my device etc?

Any help appreciated!
  2. brushead

brushead Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Hi there steve also a new member Did anyone give you any info as I've been searching the internet which has left me with a sore head trying to get the very same info as your good self.... cheers brushead
  3. ronlizpatsimon

ronlizpatsimon Member

Ratings:
    +27
    What software do you need; map update? Map for a different country? Extra POIs - if so, do you want general ones or specific to a certain interest - say campsites?
  4. steve rochefort

steve rochefort Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have read that you can remove the existing software from this unit and install Garmin, Tom Tom or others. I just don't know how to do this! Hence the questions where do I get the software etc?

I really need an idiot guide as to how I do this without rendering the unit totally useless.
  5. ronlizpatsimon

ronlizpatsimon Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Use the Garmin site to get their maps. Google to find how to achieve it.
  6. KeithO

KeithO Member

Ratings:
    +217
    I think the OP means that he wants to use a different mapping application on his unit, not just add maps or POIs. In other words, install the TomTom application onto a Garmin unit.

I have heard this is possible, but I don't know how easy it is. And presumably you would need to use TT maps with the TT app, so you'd need to replace those too.

What would be the benefit? :confused: