Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Guide MG3218WE

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by steve rochefort, Jun 30, 2009.

1. steve rochefort

steve rochefort Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased a My Guide 3218 and all the forums say it can be used with other software such as Tom Tom, Garmin etc.

Does anyone know how to do this? Where do I get the software, how do I load it onto my device etc?

Any help appreciated!
  2. brushead

brushead Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Hi there steve also a new member Did anyone give you any info as I've been searching the internet which has left me with a sore head trying to get the very same info as your good self.... cheers brushead
  3. ronlizpatsimon

ronlizpatsimon Member

Ratings:
    +27
    What software do you need; map update? Map for a different country? Extra POIs - if so, do you want general ones or specific to a certain interest - say campsites?
  4. steve rochefort

steve rochefort Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have read that you can remove the existing software from this unit and install Garmin, Tom Tom or others. I just don't know how to do this! Hence the questions where do I get the software etc?

I really need an idiot guide as to how I do this without rendering the unit totally useless.
  5. ronlizpatsimon

ronlizpatsimon Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Use the Garmin site to get their maps. Google to find how to achieve it.
  6. KeithO

KeithO Member

Ratings:
    +217
    I think the OP means that he wants to use a different mapping application on his unit, not just add maps or POIs. In other words, install the TomTom application onto a Garmin unit.

I have heard this is possible, but I don't know how easy it is. And presumably you would need to use TT maps with the TT app, so you'd need to replace those too.

What would be the benefit? :confused: