1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MW3 - Gameplay Trailer Preview incoming.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty (COD) PS3' started by MrSmiley, May 23, 2011.

1. Cha1ky

Cha1ky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,385
    I've read the whole storyline (spoilered version) on Kotaku and it sounds like its going to be a great game. Not that many people are bothered about the SP much. (Although i do as i have enjoyed them all so far)

THis page here lays out the full story and is basically pure spoiler so read it if you really want to know.

http://kotaku.com/5801345/where-youll-go-how-youll-kill-and-who-will-die-in-modern-warfare-3
  2. xDjentleman

xDjentleman Member

Ratings:
    +56
    really? i personally think frostbite 2 is a lot better but to each their own i guess.

in my opinion i would've liked to have seen a brand new (within reason) engine in this game what with the destruction they've added.

this looks good, but watching this and then watching the BF3 trailer has kept me sane for now. i'm still more excited for BF3, but there's plenty of room for improvement over the next few months
  3. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +893
    People keep referring to BF3 like it's somehow "either BF3 of MW3".

They're completely different games.

My opinion? BF3 will sell the same amount as BFBC1 and 2. The majority appear to want an arcade cod style shooter with a multitude of modes, maps, and guns, customization.

This looks much better than Blops so it will be another success.

I've never liked BF - too much walking to get to the action only to be sniped by some camping ****. . .and then getting blown up by a tank that's driven to your spawn.

People can't be arsed with that shiz - hence they vote with their wallets every time a Cod goes up against a BF - cod wins.

As long as you enjoy the game, that's all that matters but MILLIONS will buy this game, it still looks great - so why waste time and effort on an engine that isn't needed and that the millions who buy it every year don't even care about. :S

BF needed a new engine badly as frostbite has a lot of jaggies on consoles, and looks very cartoony.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. fozzeh

fozzeh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95
    SP is the reason for any game in my eyes. MP is just a huge bonus. And I believe what you say, I think the SP will be epic on this one...and I haven't read the spoilers. Is it true there will be no loose ends and this will be the finale of the current MW story?

TBH, the trailer is a trailer. I'm excited about it. It's going to blow BlOps out of the water (unfortunately/fortunately whichever way you look at it) and I doubt people will be taking it out of their machine and going "Think I may have some BlOp's on tonight" more than 5 times a year.
  5. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,805
    Can you PM me the story? Or put spoiler tags. That site is filtered at work.
  6. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +893
    Does anyone remember any deals that went on when Blops came out with regards to trading in MW2?

I can't wait to trade in blops for mw3 lol wondering what kind of deal i'd get.
  7. Cha1ky

Cha1ky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,385
    Here you go mate.

There are spoilers here. You've been warned.

Modern Warfare 3 opens as Modern Warfare 2 closed: The United States under siege by Russian forces, ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov on the loose, Captain John "Soap" MacTavish and Captain John Price wounded and on the run with the Russian informant known as Nikolai.

Fleeing to a safehouse in Dharmasala, India, the three are attacked by Makarov's men. In this firefight players take on the role of Yuri, a loyalist who works for Nikolai. Their safehouse compromised, the group flee the area in a helicopter.

The game then cuts to Manhattan where Russia is launching an attack on the city from a fleet of ships parked in the Hudson River. (It appears the famous U.S.S. Intrepid may be destroyed.) The U.S. calls in Delta Force to repel the attack. You take on the role of Frost, a Delta Force operative under the command of Sandman. Your goal is to take out a jamming tower on top of the New York Stock Exchange to open the area for a U.S. counterattack.

Following the mission, Delta flies out of the city on a Blackhawk, gunning down enemy choppers as they make their way to the harbor where they have to infiltrate and take down a Russian sub which is coordinating the attack.

The Campaign Settings of MW3

Dharmasala, India
    New York, New York
    A plane transporting the president of Russia
    A town in Sierra Leone
    London, England
    Mogadishu, Somalia
    Hamburg, Germany
    Paris, France
    Prague, Czech Republic
    A castle in the Czech mountains
    Berlin, Germany
    The Kremlin in Moscow, Russia
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Washington. D.C.

As the New York missions wrap up the game jumps forward in time half a year, thrusting players into the role of a Russian agent tasked with protecting the president of Russia as he flies to sign a peace treaty with the U.S. The plane is attacked by hijackers mid-air who attempt to kidnap the president and his daughter. The daughter manages to escape. The president of Russia in hand, Makarov vows to prevent a peace treaty by getting the launch codes out of the president and launching an attack against the U.S.

The game then returns us to Price, Soap and Yuri, now in Africa in a search for Makarov. They meet with a local South African arms dealer who tells them about a shipment of chemical weapons that Makarov is trying to buy. The group make their way to Sierra Leone to secure the weapons from African militia.

Next, players take on the role of an SAS operative who is tasked with stopping a delivery of weapons of mass destruction at a London dockyard. A gun battle ensues, and the agents are chased through the London subway. The mission culminates with a series of unmarked trucks exploding in front of the house of Parliament, releasing a deadly chemical agent.

Several other European cities and military bases are hit by similar terrorist attacks backed by Russia, and the death toll rises to the tens of thousands. The series of chemical attacks opens the door for a Russian military blitz strikes across the continent.

Price discovers that the South African arms dealer who tipped them off about the chemical weapons deceived them and travels to Somalia to find the man and interrogate him. Through the arms dealer, Price discovers that Makarov's right hand man, Volk, is hiding out in Paris.

The game's attention next shifts to Hamburg, Germany where players take on the role of a U.S. tank gunner fighting to push back a Russian advance backed by armored divisions.

Where You'll Go, How You'll Kill, and Who Will Die in Modern Warfare 3As Hamburg falls, the game shifts us back to the story of Price and his crew. Now in Paris, players control Delta Force operative Frost who, with the help of the French special forces, leads an assault on Volk's location in the underground catacombs of the city. Next, players take to the sky supporting Frost's ground movements as a gunner in an AC-130.

After capturing and interrogating Volk, Frost learns that Makarov has a meeting in a Prague hotel. Players control Yuri as he and Soap slip into the Russian-controlled city and set-up an ambush for Makarov in a church bell tower. Makarov somehow catches wind of the trap and escapes. Soap, Yuri and Price then have to fight their way out of the city.

Yuri leads the team to one of Makarov's headquarters in the Czech mountains and the group infiltrates the location, looking for clues. They discover that the ultranationlist has the president and is trying to get the codes out of him. Makarov has also discovered the location of the Russian president's daughter. The group move out to Berlin to try and prevent her kidnapping. Playing as Frost, gamers must find the daughter and protect her, while making their way through war-torn Berlin. The daughter, however, is captured and flown away.

Frost next makes his way to the Kremlin where a task force of operatives attack and free the hostages, but Makarov manages to escape again.

The game's final mission occurs in Dubai, where Yuri, Price and Sandman launch an assault on a heavily guarded hotel, eventually finding Makarov and, yes, finally killing him.

It also appears that the game may also include a post-credits level that features the burning of Washington, D. C.

The stage seems set for a passing of the torch: from player-controlled members of Task Force 141 to the new characters from Delta Force.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Fmrl

Fmrl Active Member

Ratings:
    +413
    I thought the "one man" bit was referring to Makarov :confused:
  9. Cha1ky

Cha1ky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,385
    I think it was.
  10. uzer

uzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +882
    Some of you Sallys need to come to terms that Ghost is DEAD.
  11. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,805
    Yah, after reading through the spoiler it shows that's the case... I just heard all the rumors that Ghost had a large role in this game. Apparently they are going the play 45 different characters route to appease the masses that play the game.
  12. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,805
    So is your heart :(:laugh:
  13. xDjentleman

xDjentleman Member

Ratings:
    +56
    people who have played both know this.

correct, although with the addition of destruction i think a few cod fans may venture over to BF3 briefly.

to be honest, it was already a success by them calling it MW3... people will buy it no matter how good/**** it is.

that pretty much sums up people that only play CoD. They go into games like BFBC2 and try and run n gun in the same way they did in cod, and they get absolutely raped...but blame the game for not being cod - which is why BF3 will never outsell MW3.

yeah, but if battlefield was really that unsuccessful, why would they still be making games?

again correct, people will buy CoD not matter how good/**** it is, but just because loads of people are die-hard cod fans, doesn't make it the better game in the FPS genre?

the frostbite engine (like many engines) may have had it's problems, but in my opinion it plays a lot better than the infinity ward engine(s).

all of this is just my opinion too (obviously), i just find it funny how many people completely write-off BF3 because it's "harder" than CoD.

at the end of the day though, i'm kinda glad BF3 won't sell as well as MW3, that way i can get away from all the little kids who want to scream down the mic all day :rotfl:
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  14. kchain

kchain Member

Ratings:
    +27
    FTFY ... That's ok.
  15. jimjam11211

jimjam11211 Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Remember seeing one on the TV a few years ago, would not want to meet it, thats for sure! :eek:
  16. jonasbry

jonasbry Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Am I the only one fed up with the COD vs BF3?

BF3 = teamplay
    COD = Arcade run n' gun

COD style gameplay appeals to a majority of gamers. The heavy strategic element of BF2 is the reason it was never a HUGE hit
  17. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +893
    Yes, you're also running into an issue.

It's not harder at all. If you have enough patience and you can be arsed you could own . . .anyone can own. . just pick a sniper class and sit in a bush, or pick a gun and just crouch from spot to spot picking people off. It's just as easy as cod. It is slower rather than harder. People who buy cod don't want slow. . .they want arcade, fast controls, 60fps, always action packed gameplay. Those are the people that buy cod. Those are the majority. That's why cod is more popular.
  18. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,805
    I just want to kill pixels. They killed my pixels... therefore those pixels must die.
  19. jimjam11211

jimjam11211 Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Nicely put :smashin:
  20. xDjentleman

xDjentleman Member

Ratings:
    +56
    fair i agree with what you're saying. but i wouldn't say that battlefield is slow paced. yes it has it's moments between objectives where you're pushing up to the next base or making a trek from your deployment to B flag etc, but i have had some of the most intense battles in this game that i have yet to experience in CoD.

CoD is one of those games that you can pick up and do relatively well once you're used to the controls etc, where as battlefield is more tactical and a bit more realistic (bit of a steep learning curve too). on the other hand, call of duty is an arcade FPS and not realistic (in the slightest).

for me, at the end of the day, all you need to do well in CoD is a strong internet connection (P2P) and an understanding of the game mode you're playing. battlefield takes more skill and teamwork to do well in, seeing as you cannot win doing the lonewolf thing by yourself and there are no rewards falling out of the sky when stringing together some kills.

and i'm sorry, but if you think it's easy to do well in BFBC2 by sitting in a bush trying to kill people at extreme range, you are sadly mistaken. yeah it's easy to get some quick kills like that, but no-one in bfbc2 finishes at the top of the leaderboard by sitting in one position like that. yes you do have to play tactically. no you can't mindlessly run around getting killstreaks.

i don't mean to sound like i'm having a dig at you (because i'm not). i still play CoD from time to time, but i guess i'm growing out of the arcadey style of games. cod just isn't a challenge anymore... and i doubt mw3 will break the mould too much (even with destruction)
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  21. Cha1ky

Cha1ky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9,385
    Did an exercise in Louisiana where the Americans (playing enemy) where using one. ITS A BEAST!!!!!!!
  22. jimjam11211

jimjam11211 Member

Ratings:
    +68
  23. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    I don't want to get hyped up and let down again.

But I can feel the hype flame building in me :(

Ash
  24. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,805
    Would you say you are getting hyper?
  25. KMC

KMC New Member

Ratings:
    +225
    like a power ranger
  26. HRL

HRL Member

Ratings:
    +78
    Well if it retains the pace of former COD's but adds the level of destruction from BFBC2 they're onto a winner in my book. I'd pre-order it today in fact.

Whether they do or not unfortunately we'll have to wait and see.
  27. jimjam11211

jimjam11211 Member

Ratings:
    +68
    If there was to be destruction it would be interesting to see how it was implement for MW3, only certain game modes would have it? Could throw up some interesting new play-lists / gamemodes.
  28. Meddy

Meddy Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I''l have my say about this COD. Very quickly. I put MW2 in my PS3. Played for about 10mins and was bored to death. Yep, it looks like I've grown out of this style of game. So I'll give BF3 a try, as it's supposed to be a different style of game. I watched the MW3 trailer and it didn't do anything for me. Was like watching a cartoon. Not a patch on BF3 graphics. So that's my view on it. No doubt it will sell loads though.
  29. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +893
    I don't think I'm alone here. . .but I don't want destruction lol.
  30. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,805
    You want to camp in your corner without fear of the wall being blown in and revealing you? Lol