1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music concerts on HD-DVD and Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Blu-rays, DVDs & Streaming Services' started by Maniac618, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Neil McCauley

Neil McCauley Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I received the Scorpions disc on Friday and watched it over the w/end, it is only viewable in 3D. The concert is fantastic with great audio and the 3D picture is very good.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. the caretaker

the caretaker Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Having read less than glowing reports regarding the pic quality on the blu 'End Of An Era' by Nightwish, could anyone advise as to whether an upgrade from dvd is worthwhile ?

Thanks
  3. featherhall

featherhall Active Member

Ratings:
    +570
    Has anyone seen the price that the Metallica (Paris) blu ray is going for now. Amazon have 2 sellers starting at £179 !!!!!
    i know its long out of print but that's obscene
  4. aceytrixx

aceytrixx Member

Ratings:
    +199
    Only just discovered this band and am loving them. Is there a lossless audio track on this disc?
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ukcanuk

ukcanuk Active Member

Ratings:
    +227
    I'm pretty sure it does - will try to check it for you tomorrow night and update you.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. aceytrixx

aceytrixx Member

Ratings:
    +199
    That would be awesome man cheers
  7. Neil McCauley

Neil McCauley Member

Ratings:
    +13

There is indeed, DTS HD master 5.1, also has a LPCM 2.0. This disc is fantastic and they are a great new band. A live CD is also being released at the end of the month and the band are already working on their third album.

I saw them live twice last year and they were great. Hard to believe I bought Come taste the band in the '70s and Glenn Hughes is performing now better than ever.

Black Country Communion To Record 3rd Album | Black Country Communion
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. aceytrixx

aceytrixx Member

Ratings:
    +199
    Superb will add this to my list of concert discs I need to get then. Would of gone great with Slash that i'll be watching over the weekend but I'm sure Slash is gonna get more than a few watches
  9. tbsiegel

tbsiegel Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have a considerable collection of DVD and BluRay classical recordings; what are you interersted in for example?
  10. Nick 81

Nick 81 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Yessongs is to be released by Odeon Entertainment on 30 April 2012. Never seen it, and friends talk about this one in sacred hushed tones, so a purchase for me. It will have the original mono audio, which has been restored, and a new 5.1 DTS MA mix.

Odeon Entertainment linky

Amazon pre-order linky

£18 from Amazon is a bit on the rich side for me, but what the heck. Worth it just to see Rick Wakeman's capes alone :D
  11. Roy4253

Roy4253 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I have an old dvd of this, with mono soundtrack. Terrific - especially for Wakeman's Hallelujah Chorus (Handel, not Cohen!) on 1970's synths. Brilliant! The mono soundtrack, though, is not so brilliant. Certainly compared with the live CD of the same name - which certainly gets five stars. Looking forward to this as it dates from my time!! Hope the restoration helps.
  12. doctorblue

doctorblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +251
    I watch and listen the Kayne West (Late orchestration - Abbey Road Sessions) HD DVD a lot as background music, and though its only shot in 1080i, the all-female orchestration matches well Kayne's songs.

Got a good 5.1 DTS surround sound audio track too.

Songs include:

1. Diamonds from Sierra Leone
    2, Crack Music
    3. Drive Slow
    4. Heard 'Em Say

Well worth trying to source a copy (if you can find one).

The Doctor
  13. soundstory

soundstory Active Member

Ratings:
    +191
    Peter Gabriel - Secret World July 2nd 2012

"Secret World Live", the outstanding Grammy Award winning film from 1994 is now to be re-released. The new version allows the original film to be seen and heard in the best possible quality on DVD / Blu-ray. Filmed in Modena, Italy across two nights in November 1993 as part of Peter Gabriel's acclaimed "Secret World Live" tour in support of the "Us" album, the show is elaborately presented and choreographed with two stages joined by a narrow moving walkway. The line-up for this show featured Peter Gabriel (vocals, keyboards); Manu Katche (drums); Tony Levin (bass, vocals); David Rhodes (guitar, vocals); Jean Claude Naimro (keyboards, vocals); Paula Cole (vocals); Shankar (violin, vocals); Levon Minassian (doudouk) with guests Papa Wemba and Molokai.

The original 16mm film negatives were repaired / cleaned and scanned (at super 2K) to a file sequence for mastering and restoration. The 2K sequence is the resolution we view in cinemas, and as such, the concert is now available in high definition without compromise. Once scanned, the footage digitally restored and graded (by award winning colourist Ray King) to allow fans to view the concert as never been seen before.

A slew of great Bonus Features are also included. "Red Rain" was not included in the original film, this is now included as an extra for the first time. We also offer Timelapse film of the complex stage set up, plus a featurette on the making of the "Secret World Live" film including interviews and behind the scenes footage. Additionally, there's a newly restored photomontage slideshow to the remixed "Quiet" version of "Steam" and, finally, "The Rhythm Of The Heat" orchestral version from the "New Blood: Live In London" show.

Release Date: July 2nd 2012
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Neil McCauley

Neil McCauley Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for that, been waiting for this a while. Saw the tour in Dublin. I hope Peter works on the Growing up release next.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. sea surfer

sea surfer Active Member

Ratings:
    +394
    A few concerts i have watched over the last few days:

The Eagles live from Melbourne Picture 7/10 Audio 10/10

Bryan Adam live from The Sydney Opera House " accoustic set" Picture 6/10 Audio 8/10, I actually preffered the Dolby Digital track at times over the HD Master track.
  16. soundstory

soundstory Active Member

Ratings:
    +191
    It's a sad fact back but music fans are badly serviced by blu ray

nowhere enough titles