Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi region hack for LG HB405SU blu ray home cinema system

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by zanner, Aug 21, 2010.

1. zanner

zanner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,could anybody tell me if there is a multi region hack for this player.I only want the hack for normal dvd's. not the blu ray discs. thanks in advance.
  2. verth

verth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need exactly the same. LG say they will not release the info but I guess the service depots know exactly how to make them multi region capable as they supply multi region versions in Asia. In addition is anyone annoyed (like me) with the constant display message of "optical"? Why is it impossible to display the time (or a blank)?? Any help much appreciated.
  3. vorn182

vorn182 Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Anyone have any news on this?
  4. verth

verth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a follow up to this I have to report a bad fault with the unit. After about 20 minutes use the sound just goes completely off for no reason at all. This initially lasts for about 2 seconds but as time goes on this keeps repeating with the gaps going down from 20 minutes to every 5 minutes or so and the length of time there is no sound increasing to around 5 seconds. Obviously I stopped using the unit let it cool down and after an hour or two started again but with exactly the same problem and same timings. This happens on all audio sources (Digital Freeview, CD and DVD). I told the original internet supplier (Pixmania - who sold in UK pounds and appeared to be UK based at purchase by the way) and they would not have anything to do with the problem and insisted that I contact LG directly. LG wanted the unit returned back to them and eventually (3 weeks later after their receipt) sent me a letter saying the unit was irrepairable and that they would send back to me the irrepairable unit (why?) and that it was for me to send it back to Pixmania (in France!!). After a major row LG paid for the freight back to me and Pixmania arranged a courier to collect from me to take it on to France! At this moment of writing Pixmania (after having the unit another 3 weeks) at last say they have received it and that "We are pleased to inform you that we are currently processing your request for exchange" Lets hope I get it one day soon?
    So since purchase in July 2010 I have had proper use of the unit for 4weeks total and LG/Pixmania say my warranty will not be extended. Take my advice keep clear of this product and get one from an organisation that takes customer care seriously!
  5. vorn182

vorn182 Member

Ratings:
    +35
    So you have a dodgy unit, and a less than helpful supplier.

I have a uk supplied one that works just great thanks.
  6. verth

verth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lucky you!
  7. Razorfever

Razorfever Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone solved this yet?
    Thanks !
  8. neroon