multi lnb

hugmaks

Established Member
Reaction score
hi , wandering if anyone could help me. im wanting to get a multi lnb setup so i can get viasat for the epl becuase they still have it in English while still keeping nova jsc. this is the dish i have. i was looking at this multi lnb kit , any one know if that would fit on my dish, if not what would you recommend.
thanks
hugmaks

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
hi , wandering if anyone could help me. im wanting to get a multi lnb setup so i can get viasat for the epl becuase they still have it in English while still keeping nova jsc. this is the dish i have. i was looking at this multi lnb kit , any one know if that would fit on my dish, if not what would you recommend.
thanks
hugmaks

It would do it all ... unless it's Viasat HD on a genuine card paired box - SD Viasat will be OK but I'd aim the whole dish at 4.8e & have 13e in offset ... not in love with that brand of dish btw.. and although the Inverto bullet lnbs look good - they are not a cheap option at that price for just a few sats & you will still suffer either lower signals or require a bigger dish should you try to go to the azimuth spread limits they quote.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
It would do it all ... unless it's Viasat HD on a genuine card paired box - SD Viasat will be OK but I'd aim the whole dish at 4.8e & have 13e in offset ... not in love with that brand of dish btw.. and although the Inverto bullet lnbs look good - they are not a cheap option at that price for just a few sats & you will still suffer either lower signals or require a bigger dish should you try to go to the azimuth spread limits they quote.

Thanks for the reply Pedro,are there any other lnbs that are similar to the Inverto bullet lnbs that are cheaper?

it works out cheaper if you buy it as as a kit rather than separately.

So your gonna be using all 5 and need the slim ones?

For 4.8 and 13 you'd be fine using normal LNBs at what £10 each if that... then add some universal brackets again just under £10 so say £30 all in?

So your gonna be using all 5 and need the slim ones?

For 4.8 and 13 you'd be fine using normal LNBs at what £10 each if that... then add some universal brackets again just under £10 so say £30 all in?

it works out cheaper if you buy it as as a kit rather than separately.

What kevkbuk sums up what I thought!

It looks like being roughly twice as much as it would be as separate components.

Thanks for the reply Pedro,are there any other lnbs that are similar to the Inverto bullet lnbs that are cheaper?

Bullet/ narrow style lnbs do carry a price premium, but as others have said, you don't seem to need them unless you have plans to have a bigger multi lnb setup than 4.8e + 13e .... then they will allow close satellites & in that case you could then add standard lnbs & use the narrow lnbs mostly for the very close sats [<6 degree?] ... say 8 lnbs or more in total but an 80 has it's limits there & will result on low numbers the further out, especially with weak satellites being low or too low.

A nice project nevertheless if done well.

hmm... well i want to keep the channels on 19.2e aswell as hotbird and getting this new one. thanks for all the advice guys.

I would have thought that Viasat would be impossible on a 80cm dish mate if your in the North of the country.

I would have thought that Viasat would be impossible on a 80cm dish mate if your in the North of the country.

might have helped if one knew it was Aberdeen :D.... but it might go the other way or not actually drop off a cliff on the Nordic beam if you look at the footprint... some other sats might be an issue in offset..

Tell me about it:facepalm:, 26E install at a local pub (1.2M):
utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTItMjAxMjAxMTEtMTQzMC5qcGc.jpg

I'm glad it's not just me that can't help but look at peoples dish setups when driving or walking around anywhere!

:blush:

i will move my dish tomorrow to see if i can pick up 4.8e, if not then i will look for a bigger dish :rolleyes:

I'm glad it's not just me that can't help but look at peoples dish setups when driving or walking around anywhere!

:blush:

Its a hobbie in itself mate!:D:smashin:

ok guys wasn't able to get 4.8e but i was speaking to a mate of mine an he said it could be because of the monoblock lnb i use, so iv ordered one off eBay for £4.99. hopefully i can get it working and epl in English :D

oh well doesn't matter now, i would have to get ad sport if i want to get all epl games as pl has removed all but one game from viasat *** :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom