Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from ipad/ios to an android tab

Discussion in 'Tablets' started by emporer, Jun 30, 2013.

1. emporer

emporer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,624
    I currently have an ipad 3, love the retina display, its jailbroke mainly for xbmc which I use daily, I'd like to move to an android tablet so I can use sky go and retain stuff like xbmc as I wouldn't need to root it. I was looking at something like the Nexus 10 for its resolution etc, does xbmc run just as well on the nexus with android? I mainly watch 1080p x264 stuff on xbmc on my ipad and its flawless, would the nexus handle them as good?

I have xbmc on my galaxy s4 and with xbmc on that it struggles with 1080p x264 stuff and is not smooth, I just need good playback of this stuff and the ability to use sky go which is a no go for my jailbroken ipad.

Thanks
  2. xmb

xmb Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Save yourself some money and restore your iPad to original then use Plex in place of XBMC and load Shy Go. Job done!
  3. Boostrail

Boostrail Active Member

Ratings:
    +389
    Why?? "retina" s only a resolution standard that others also meet - it says nothing else about the display which is fairly run of the mill Samsung technology.
  4. Boostrail

Boostrail Active Member

Ratings:
    +389
    Am I correct - you want a player for 1080p X264? Is VLC not available on iOS? Or do you want to stream to a TV or other device?

I have tried using XBMC on Android and gave up.

On yor S4 you can use multitudinous players inc VLC. For streaming / multisharing your S4 should have Miracast built in!

Or am I missing something in your requirements???? If so please explain.