Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies skipping frames... HELP!?!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Forum' started by Doctor Smirnoff, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Doctor Smirnoff

Doctor Smirnoff Member

Ratings:
    +89
    Hi All - got the shiny new XBOXS on release and only watched a dvd on it for the first time last night. Looked great (upscale seems better than my previous xbox) and it was far quieter than the usual inconvenient 'hum' of the machine I'm used to.

However one thing that I noticed was that the movie skipped frames every few minutes. The audio was fine but the picture was frequently jittery, this occured at least once in every second scene or so.

My old xbox did the same but I thought it was just maybe on it's way out. If it makes any difference, this is using an HDMI cable with gold connections.

Can anyone offer any advice? Is it the disc drive? The console or the connection? Cheers folks - I watch a tonne of movies so any advice would be very much appreciated. :(
  2. DJ Ovengloves

DJ Ovengloves Active Member

Ratings:
    +704
    Is your xbox on the same surface as a speaker..perhaps that's making it jump / lose connection slightly? :confused:
  3. Doctor Smirnoff

Doctor Smirnoff Member

Ratings:
    +89
    nope. although i have just read somewhere on this here interweb that having the console set to 60fps could cause a similar effect... could change that i suppose? :confused: