Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle theory test booked - Passed.

Discussion in 'Motoring Forum' started by CoolBreeze9, Feb 23, 2012.

1. CoolBreeze9

CoolBreeze9 Member

Ratings:
    +67
    I've booked in my motorcycle theory test for the 28th, and I was just wandering if anyone could recommend a good way to practice for it. The questions were changed last month so I'm not entirely sure that simply doing loads of practice tests would help.

Any suggestions?
  2. Bubblin

Bubblin Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Just done this myself.

Basically get yourself the official dsa theory test for motorbikes book which costs about £13, gives u loads of advice and a DVD showing the hazard perception part.

But really it's not that difficult if you've driven before.
  3. CoolBreeze9

CoolBreeze9 Member

Ratings:
    +67
    So I went out and bought the book, but then was so busy I didn't even have time to read it. So I set my alarm for 8am this morning, thinking the test is at 12.30... 4 hours should be plenty to have a read through. Somehow I managed to turn my alarm off (I don't even recall doing this!) and ended up waking up at 11.

Had a flick through while on the way to the centre and I think I finished the questions part of the test in just over 10 minutes. Got 50/50 and 60/75 on the hazards.

Now onto the practicals!
  4. Bubblin

Bubblin Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Just make sure that you separate your mod1 and mod2 a few days apart so if you do happen to fail mod1 you don't lose you mod2 fees.

Ignore all the horror stories of the swerve test, just try your best and it'll be fine.

Good luck and hope it all works out.

Ps. I did say it wasn't that hard if you've driven before.

Well done for passing.
  5. CoolBreeze9

CoolBreeze9 Member

Ratings:
    +67

I'm not worried at all about the swerve test, don't know why a lot of people are. I do the swerve daily on the way to the gym, dodging like 4 manhole covers.

I would say that the figure of eight would be the hardest for me, but I'm told you can go as far out as you like so can't see how that would be an issue.
  6. Bubblin

Bubblin Member

Ratings:
    +52
    Yes the figure of 8 a slalom were my worries, I fell of after stalling whilst practicing and always kept thinking this would happen during the test.

As for taking it very wide just remember this is part of the slow speed control and manoeuvre. If taken very wide the examiner will mark a minor point for that, your only allowed 4 when u get your fifth it becomes a fail.

But again a 125cc is far more manageable than a 500cc+. But still ample room to manage it in.

Take a trip down the test centre before doing yours a watch a few people doing there's. Gives u a chance to take it all in.