1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Audio RX6 AV12 or RX8 AV12 Package?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by eddiem74, Oct 15, 2009.

1. bravogolf

bravogolf Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Hi chaps, am in the process of setting up my cinema room with the RX6 AV12 speakers but am not entirely sure on the crossover settings for the RXW-12 sub. Admittedly the amp is not the best drive, a Denon 1910, but will change that in time. For now do I set the Low Pass Filter to In or Out/LFE on the subwoofer? I understand having it set to In means I manually configure crossover on the sub and Out/LFE leaves it up to the amp, what do you all recommend?

Somewhat irrevelant but here's a pic of my handiwork so far, quite proud of it, no wires!
  2. tommo33

tommo33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys recently bought brand new RX6, RXC and RX1. The RX1 on one speaker has scuffs to the
    white paint on the bass golf ball cone about 12 o'clock position above the pointed dome in the
    middle. Although possibly only cosmetic I'm concerned longer term this could have detrimental
    effect on the cone once it is out of warranty. The fact it is new it should be perfect in my
    opinion.

Do you guys think I should take it back to the shop and get it replaced?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  3. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,055
    I don't understand why you are even asking that question
  4. tommo33

tommo33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DodgeTheViper

Why don't you understand? Are you saying that I should take back the speakers without hesitation.

I am asking for other peoples opinions as to whether or not they would take the speakers back to the shop and ask for a replacement which should be mint condition.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  5. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,055
    The fact that you are asking the question here says that you are not happy with them, and neither would I be.
    You have paid a lot of money for them, and they have a blemish on them so why not contact were you got them from and request a replacement.

If you were happy with them, then you wouldn't bother asking.

Do yourself a favour and get them exchanged. ;)
  6. Passingbat

Passingbat Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Some of us (and that would include me) can be OTT concerend/fussy/perfectionist about the equipment we buy. It's wheather we are being 'OTT' that concerns us. So, I completly understand why tommo33 posted the question that he did.

Having the support of like minded people helps if you have to return the item to a retailer who may think the blemish isn't a functional problem.
  7. tommo33

tommo33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dick, that's exactly how I feel, I'm concerned the shop will think I'm being overly fussy about something that is only really noticeable when looked at closely but it does not fill me with confidence and the shop might try to fob me off that is still fit for purpose.

They are the black gloss speakers and when I spend what I consider to be a lot of money they should be perfect and I was curious to know if other people in my position would take them back and if I am within my rights to expect them to be replaced. I guess I am a perfectionist and worried the shop will think I am OTT.
  8. bobbymax

bobbymax Member

Ratings:
    +141
    If it's a well known reputable shop then there should be no problem returning it.
    I certainly would if I wasn't happy with it, small blemish or not.

How does it go?................The customer is always right!!! :)
  9. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,055
    It doesn't matter if the retailer says that the blemish doesn't affect the performance. It's a mark on the item that you're not happy with. You have paid the money, and if you're not happy simply request a replacement. If you think the mark is so small that it's not worth bothering, then just keep them and enjoy them. :smashin:
  10. Shenoizy

Shenoizy Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I've recently joined the Monitor Audio gang with the RXAV12 package and a set of RX2's as surround rears. They sound fantastic but I'm still not sure if I prefer the RXFXs in bipole or dipole mode.

I don't know why some people don't like the RX-W12. It's got plenty of power and depth in my opinion.
  11. igorzep

igorzep Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Probably because they are selling Velodynes? Agree, RXW is great!:thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1