MMA Discussion Thread Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back there I was talking about how frustrating I find it that MMA dudes don't go for subs when they're supposedly "top-level" and here's what I'm talking about (sort of). Three vids of Marcel Brigadeiro (proponent of Luta Livre - a.k.a. the poor man's Jiu Jitsu). You can see him here in plenty of familiar situations for a UFC fighter and he dishes out submissions like a Salvation Army Food Kitchen on Christmas Eve:

I know it's seminar stuff against relatively 'passive' fighters. I guess I find a lot of UFC bouts boring and predictable and would like to see more attempts at subs from standing and more variety on the ground. There are tons of subs available which you never see in the UFC. I so want to hear Rogan call out a "Scouse Armbar" one day :D

Mike.

Mayhem tweeted the other night about the show being on a break for thanksgiving, but back to normal next week.

Yeah this week is just a repeat, next week is a double episode leading into the Finale on the Saturday.

Which I will be in New York for... :facepalm: And in New York for 140 the following week... :facepalm:

It's for my wife's birthday too si I can hardly tell her to sod off both Saturday nights coz I'm off to Hooters to watch it on TV...

Anyway, Rampage has got his wish and is fighting at 144 in Japan. Not against Stephan Bonner as initially thought though, he's facing Ryan Bader.

144 is turning into a pretty epic card at the minute, so far rumoured or confirmed...

Edgar vs Henderson (LW title)
Jackson vs Bader
Okami vs Boetsch
Akiyama vs Shields
Pettis vs Lauzon
Hioki vs Palaszewski
Kongo vs Hunt
Mizugaki vs Cariaso
Cantwell vs Fukuda

Looks like his quest for a title shot is going well :D

Yeah Kongo is a mug. He'll probably scrape a decision over Hunt courtesy of a few illegal knees along the way and then call out Dos Santos.

Actually if Kongo does win this, and Brock beats Overeem in December, I'd love to see Kongo vs Overeem. Massacre!

Yeah this week is just a repeat, next week is a double episode leading into the Finale on the Saturday.

Which I will be in New York for... :facepalm: And in New York for 140 the following week... :facepalm:

It's for my wife's birthday too si I can hardly tell her to sod off both Saturday nights coz I'm off to Hooters to watch it on TV...

dont make the mistake i did and read a paper over there and find out the results :nono: Luckily you dont get that problem here

I know it's seminar stuff against relatively 'passive' fighters. I guess I find a lot of UFC bouts boring and predictable and would like to see more attempts at subs from standing :D
Mike.

like this you mean

Yeah, I saw that :) There's a vid of Etim doing it too, IIRC.

EDIT: Not off the cage but it's in his arsenal :)

What double episode? My planner's only showing the one plus the finale

It seems James Thompson was robbed in a ksw event against the worlds strongest man at the weekend.

It's on the 'tube: B2jyGftZL7U

Skip to 27:50 for Thompson's tirade. It's got fruity language.

Mike.

Soz. It is linked onscreen at the start of that vid - click the link (stays on YT).

cheers not sure how long that vid will stay embedded for , bit of bad lanuage at the end :nono: :D

I've taken the embed off twice now :eek: It came back for some reason :blush:

Watched never back down 2 the other day, lol . I quite enjoy films like this and if you were not a fan of the first you will probable hate it. Anyway machida makes a cameo and Todd duffee is in it, it's a laugh. Michael jai White also stars and is great and in a few good action scenes.

djcla said:
Watched never back down 2 the other day, lol . I quite enjoy films like this and if you were not a fan of the first you will probable hate it. Anyway machida makes a cameo and Todd duffee is in it, it's a laugh. Michael jai White also stars and is great and in a few good action scenes.

Have you seen Warrior?

An outstanding film with great performances and a pretty solid (though not perfect) portrayal of MMA.

Have you seen Warrior?

An outstanding film with great performances and a pretty solid (though not perfect) portrayal of MMA.

not yet still waiting for it to come out on blu-ray although i have probably watched every other MMA related film and there is some awful films out there. None complete to the master lass that was no retreat no surrender though :rotfl: .

I tend to avoid them. Watched Redbelt, and it was fairly average. Warrior is superb though. Should be in line for Oscar talk IMO but not sure if the Academy is ready for "cage fighting" just yet...

Any of you that have set Sky+ to series-link record this seasons TUF, check it has scheduled the Semi's show and Final. Neither of mine were scheduled to be recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom