1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MLB - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sport' started by kendoll, Feb 10, 2012.

1. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    Well the existing thread is too old to post on so....time for a new one.

Interesting off season. So much money spent, and not much of it by the usual players. 2 huge multi-year $100m plus deals, and no Yankees or Red Sox in sight. The Rangers are certainly looking to play with the big boys on the money front.

Very interesting trade by the Yankess, Pineda for Montero. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us, but we did need to do something on the pitching front, just hope the gamble on a rookie pays off.
  2. Craigy

Craigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +556
    How have the Phillies faired in the off season? Always thought they had the best pitching rotation, if the Yankees had Cliff Lee they would be unstoppable.

Lot of money spent on Pujols, he will be 42 I believe when his contract ends!
  3. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    Phillies re-signed Pence, signed Papelbon, and lost Oswalt (currently a free agent).

If the Yankees could find a dominant 1 2 3 pitching staff we would have a bloody good shot.
  4. Craigy

Craigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +556
    Think I read that right, Ibanez signed for the Yankees on a year deal, remember a couple of years ago he was great at getting on base, can't remember him doing much last year though.
  5. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    Yep, also brought back Chavez. Likely less time at 3B for A-Rod.

Looks like Ibanez is going to be Filling the DH role against righties.
  6. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato Member

Ratings:
    +193
    Ibanez had an up and down season last year, started ok, then had a long slump before catching fire in May/June i seem to remember.

His arm was a bit of a liability too, so DH makes sense.
  7. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    I see Okajima failed his physical last week and AJ has been traded to the Pirates (with us picking up $20m of his remaining salary).
  8. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    Good to see Grandy hitting HRs this early in pre-season. Hope he can carry on from last season.

Bought the MLB.tv Premium subscription so may end up watching some games on the iPad at my desk at work. :devil:

Anyone taking part in any Fantasy leagues this season? Played my first last season and ended up winning the regular and post season comps. :)
  9. lisbonlion

lisbonlion Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Despite being a Met fan I'm glad baseball is back, it was good to see Ichiro having a great game back in Japan yesterday. Expecting a few more runs in this mornings game though.
  10. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    Yep, a few HRs in today's game. None for any of my fantasy league players though. :(
  11. kendoll

kendoll Member

Ratings:
    +561
    Well, 3 games in and 0-3! :(

And to top it off I have Rivera as my Fantasy RP, so 1 blown save on the board. :eek:

First time since '66 that the Yankees and the Sawx have gone 0-3 to start the season. Did I also mention that I have Beckett in my Fantasy team? :cool:
  12. Scholes18

Scholes18 Active Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Necro post but what a way to do it.

Matt Cain pitches a perfect game. 1st in giants and 22nd in MLB history. Awesome achievement